Azden SMX-30V Stereo/Mono Mixable Video Microphone
The Azden SMX-30V Stereo/Mono Mixable Video Mic is an innovative dual microphone which allows users to mMix audio together from the stereo and mono-shotguns or use 100% of either thanks to a mixing dial
With the SMX-30V, Azden takes their innovation of a switchable stereo/mono microphone to another level by incorporating a mixing dial. The first video microphone of its kind, the SMX-30V lets the user choose from using 100% of the stereo microphone, 100% of the mono-shotgun microphone, or any mix in between. Recording a dialogue scene but want to incorporate some of the environment’s ambience? Mix in a little of the stereo microphone. Recording a musical performance but want to tighten up the center stereo image? Mix in some audio from the mono-shotgun microphone. The possibilities are endless!
A DUAL MICROPHONE WITH COMPLETE CONTROL
The SMX-30V is like having a stereo microphone, a shotgun microphone and an audio mixer all combined into one unit. To achieve this, there are three microphone elements in total: two located at the top, angled at 90º for capturing a realistic stereo image, and one inside a 4.5-inch long interference tube for directional audio capture. Combined with a stepless mixing knob, you have complete control over how much signal from each microphone to send to your camera.
Another unique feature on the SMX-30V is the swiveling shock-mount, which enables rotation of the microphone 30º to the left or right. This is a handy feature any time your sound source is not centered in-frame, allowing you to aim the microphone at your subject, thereby getting the most direct sound possible. In addition, the mount itself is designed to absorb vibrations and isolate the microphone from handling noise. The bottom of the mount allows for attachment to a standard camera cold-shoe slot, or via a ¼”-20 threaded stud.
ISOLATING SHOCK MOUNT
Made from a virtually unbreakable composite material, the shock mount effectively isolates the microphone from the vibrations created by handling a camera. Designed to mount on top of a camera’s cold shoe, a threaded ¼”-20 tap is also available for boompole and accessory bar mounting.
IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
Battery life in the SMX-30V has been improved over the previous model to last up to 100 hours on a pair of alkaline AA batteries.
DETACHABLE OUTPUT CABLE
Audio output via a 3.5 mm mini-jack provides flexibility to connect various third party audio cables. A high-quality, coiled microphone output cable is included with the microphone.
When engaged, the Low-Cut Filter (or High-Pass Filter) reduces low-frequencies which can be helpful in mitigating low-frequency noise from sources such as HVAC systems, wind or passing cars.
Setting to AUTO will turn the microphone on and off with your camera automatically, saving you from losing a great take and conserving battery.
3-Step Gain Control
The 3 step gain control has +20 dB, 0 and -10 dB settings. Adding 20 dB of gain to the microphone output is a great way to overcome noisy mic preamps, or to simply boost quiet audio. Reducing the gain by 10 dB is most useful to protect against distortion in loud environments.
- Stereo/Mono Mixable Video Microphone
- Mix audio together from the stereo and mono-shotgun microphones
- Or set the mixing dial to 100% stereo or 100% mono
- Stepless variable mixing potentiometer
- Swivel mount adjusts aim of microphone up to 30º to the left or right
- +20dB gain booster alleviates noise produced by low-quality camera preamps
- -10dB pad for loud sound environments
- Auto power mode turns microphone on/off with camera
- Low-cut filter selectable at 60 Hz, 3 dB/octave
- Detachable audio output cable
- Integrated shock-absorbing shoe-mount with 1/4”-20 thread
- Connector Type: 3.5 mm Stereo mini-jack
- Dimensions: 47mm x 111mm x 154mm
- Directionality: Mono: Super Cardioid / Stereo: Cardioid (90º)
- Dynamic Range: 118 dB
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 20k Hz
- Gain Control: -10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB
- Impedance: 75 Ω
- Low-Cut Filter: 60 Hz, 3 dB/octave
- Power Requirement: 2x AA batteries
- S/N Ratio: 82 dB, 1k Hz@1Pa
- Sensitivity: -38 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 160 g
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.