Atomos Shogun Studio 2 Dual 4K Monitor Recorder
The Atomos Shogun Studio 2 is a rack mounted Dual 4K Monitor and Recorder capable of recording 4Kp60 or up to eight HDp60 sources in industry standard codecs including Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW and AVID DNx.
Atomos Shogun Studio 2 Dual 4K Monitor Recorder Summary
- 3U Dual Channel 4K / Multi HD ISO Monitor Recorder
- Records either two channels of 4Kp60, or up to eight HDp60 sources in industry standard Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW and AVID DNx codecs
- Pre Roll recording with a 8 second cache in HD, or 2-3 seconds in 4K
- Bi-directional SDI & HDMI signal convertors
- The screens have advanced dynamic zoned backlighting for deeper blacks and brighter whites, while retaining every detail in the highlights
- Metadata tagging, Cut Edits & EDL XML
HDR DUAL MONITOR AND 8-CHANNEL HDP60 / 2-CHANNEL 4KP60 RACKMOUNT RECORDER
The flexible new Shogun Studio 2 takes state of the art Atomos multi-channel recording technology and combines it with two premium 7” HDR 3000nit* high bright touchscreen displays, all in a single 3RU unit. Its unique combination of features makes it perfect for live events, outside broadcast vehicles, production galleries and MCRs, post production facilities, video wall playout, on-set DITs and sports officiating. Connect to practically any SDI or HDMI source including camera channels, PTZ cameras and vision mixers.
RECORD MULTIPLE FORMATS
The Shogun Studio 2 records either two channels of 4Kp60, or up to eight HDp60 sources in industry standard Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW and AVID DNx codecs. Free your workflow from the constraints of highly compressed GOP based codecs and their associated artifacts. Replace them with clean images captured direct from the sensors of your camera channels using modern Intra-frame codecs.
Both ProRes and DNx are robust, easy to edit, colour accurate production codecs used throughout the industry. You can even take this one step further and record ProRes RAW from a wide range of cinema cameras for maximum fidelity.
PLAYBACK AND EDIT
Review or play out your footage directly on the Shogun Studio 2 using the innovative touchscreen controls. Playback and play out up to 4Kp60 video, or 2K/HD high frame rate footage slowed down in the unit itself. Playlists can be created from clips either recorded on an Atomos recorder, or from your edit system in a supported codec, resolution and framerate.
Groups of clips can be played in either a run down or reverse order without the need for an additional playout server. Mark in and out points to create sub clips in metadata that can be brought into your NLE for rapid editing. Loop the playlist, or for single files you can mark in and out points for repeated play back.
ADVANCED RECORD MODES
The Shogun Studio 2 offers Pre Roll recording with a 8 second cache in HD, or 2-3 seconds in 4K, to make sure you never miss the action. It also offers Multi Camera ISO recording and Switching of up to 8 SDI inputs from cameras at up to 1080 p60. Each bank of 4 inputs also benefits from a switched output allowing you to have two video switched.
MASTER YOUR RACK
The Shogun Studio 2 only takes 3RU of space and has a short rack depth making it perfect for use in monitor bridges or in small mobile broadcast vehicles. Redundant dual power supplies balance the power load. The rear of the Shogun Studio 2 provides grouped connectivity for each of the recorder channels with 12G, 6G, 3G (single, Dual, Quad) and 1.5B SDI I/O, HDMI with support for both the inputs and outputs, plus XLR audio I/O, Genlock and LTC input and loop through.
Bi-directional SDI & HDMI signal convertors easily allow for connection of HDMI equipment like mirrorless cameras for routing to a mixer or LCD screens in the gallery. Built into the I/O are 4K-to-HD signal down convert on both SDI and HDMI.
CLASS LEADING SCREEN TECHNOLOGY
The dual 7” screens of the Shogun Studio 2 have advanced dynamic zoned backlighting for deeper blacks and brighter whites, while retaining every detail in the highlights. See what the camera channel is capturing with unparalleled precision and use the advanced HDR tools for Log or RAW to ensure perfect exposure, colour and white balance.
What's in the box
- Shogun Studio 2
- 2x rack ears with screws
- 4x rubber feet with screws
- 2x IEC power cable
- 2x HDMI cable
- 1x USB-C Dock
- 5x Master caddy II
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.