Atomos NEON 24-Inch 4K HDR Monitor Recorder
The Atomos NEON 24" 4K HDR Monitor Recorder is a 10bit Panel 17:9 on-set and studio production monitor that also records and plays back while achieving 1000nit / cdm2 full screen brightness.
Atomos NEON 24-Inch 4K HDR Monitor Recorder Summary
- 24" 4096x2160 Resolution, True 10bit Panel 17:9 Aspect Ratio Monitor
- 1000Nits Full Array Local Dimming with 1000nits, Full screen brightness and 1600Nits HDR peak brightness
- Colour Gamut DCI-P3 Coverage, D65 Calibrated White Point
- 3D LUTs (.cube format)
- Anamorphic squeeze, image anaylsis scopes, focus and exposure assist tool
- Log/RAW to HLG, PQ output
- Rear 100x100 Vesa Mount with mount, 1/4"" / 3/8” mounts top, bottom and sides
- Master Control Unit (MCU) feature HDMI 2.0b I/O and includes the AtomX SDI module with 2 x configurable 12G SDI BNC
- REQUIRES APPLE iOS Device with iOS12 or above for Atomos Remote APP.
PROVIDING CERTAINTY OF IMAGE
NEON 17 and NEON 24 are precision on-set and in-studio 4K HDR production monitors that also record and play back. Featuring full array local dimming (FALD) to achieve1000nit/cdm2 full screen brightness, 0nit / cdm2 Black point. With wide gamut DCI P3 coverage, built in LOG transforms for HDR monitoring and custom 3D LUTs for SDR the NEON series provide accurate monitoring for either production or post.
FULL SCREEN BRIGHTNESS WITH DEEP BLACKS AND WIDE COLOUR GAMUT
Our flagship NEON 24 utilizes a combination of high quality 17:9 4k DCI resolution, true 10-bit panel fidelity with full array local dimming back light that delivers 0nit deep blacks, 1000nits HDR peak brightness.
COLOUR MANAGED DISPLAY PIPELINE
The AtomHDR engine provides the ability to accurately manage your input and display Gamma/Gamut. Selectable monitor modes allow you to work in either SDR or HDR project settings, that match both camera acquisition settings, or defined delivery standards including Rec.709, Rec.2100 HLG or ST.2084 PQ. NEON provides native accurate colour with DCI-P3 coverage. Wide colour gamuts, such as BT.2020, are accurately processed by the AtomHDR engine to deliver consistent representations. Built in transforms, allow for the conversion of LOG to HDR standards or utilise 3D LUTs for SDR, to monitor with a specified look or exposure compensation. Downstream output options also provides for conversion between standards to best suit the target display with options for SDR, LUTs or HDR.
FLEXIBLE AND UPGRADEABLE I/O
The foundation of the NEON platform is a modular approach that ensures the I/O of the monitor is both easy to maintain, replace and ultimately upgrade without having to take the panel out of commission. The Master Control Unit (MCU) is the brain of the NEON with support for HDMI 2.0 for both in and loop out, which provides support for video input at 4096 x 2160 4k DCI at up to 60p.
The MCU firmware is easily upgradable and allows the upload and storage of up to 8 x 3D LUTs in its internal memory or can use a 2.5” HDD or SSD to store an unlimited library that can easily be uploaded to the NEON via the AtomRemote App** on iOS. The MCU offers a second level of expansion via the Xpansion port and NEON includes the AtomX SDI module which provides 2 x 12G SDI. The configurable ports allow for input of up to 4k60p video.
As standards and interfaces develop, both the MCU and Xpansion port modules can be changed and upgraded to meet your needs without needing to change the entire monitor.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK MODES
Connect cameras or any video source via SDI, supporting up to 4K DCI 60p via 12G or Dual 6G or lower resolutions and frame rates via 1.5/3G SDI up to 2Kp60 with up to 12 channels of embedded audio. Recordings can easily be played back and reviewed without needing to off load media or take the camera out of record mode. HDMI signals without HDCP are supported up to 4k60p or HD 120fps with up to 8 channels of audio and detection of HDR info frame to automatically match the input signal type. 10bit 422 recordings are captured to industry standard Apple ProRes of Avid DNx Codec using Scene Shot Take file naming with rich metadata in the file header that can be utilized by your NLE or MAM system to asset orchestration.
To play back files recorded to SSD on the NEON, or SSDs from other Atomos devices, simply place the SSD in to the MCU drive slot. Clips can also be exported directly from your NLE or transcoded toProRes/DNx to be played back on the NEON.
FRAME GUIDES AND ANAMORPHIC DE-SQUEEZE
A variety of broadcast frame guides with the option to EBU R5 Graphic and Action safe areas can be enabled. Cinematic guides are also available and can all be used alongside the anamorphic de-squeeze mode with support for 2x, 1.5x and 1.33x to allow you to match a wide variety of lenses.
What's in the box
- NEON 24 Monitor
- NEON Master Control Unit
- 2x Feet (inc. mount screws x2)
- NEON Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Master Caddy II (inc. screws)
- 19V AC Power Adapter with mount cage
- AtomX SDI Expansion Module
- Monitor Protective Sheath
- MCU Protective Sheath
- Hex Wrench
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.