- The Leica M10-D brings the unique experience of analog photography back into the digital world. While modern photography encounters an overwhelming number of features and functions, the M10-D is a bold statement of a conscious focus on the essentials of both the philosophy and function of photography.
- With no rear display, minimal yet effective controls, and an extremely quiet shutter, the Leica M10-D focuses on the desires of many photographers to concentrate solely on the act of making pictures.
- In place of the screen, it offers a mechanical on/off switch with dedicated Wi-Fi shortcut and a dial for direct control of exposure compensation. The absence of a display makes the M10-D look much like its analog forebears, and an integrated fold-out thumb rest atop the camera completes the analog look while improving handling.
- Aesthetics aside, the Leica M10-D by no means limits itself to analog austerity. Its ability to pair with the Leica FOTOS App provides all the capabilities offered by a modern digital camera of superior quality and truly exceptional charm.
- The Leica M10-D is the first digital M-Camera to feature a mechanical control element for exposure compensation. Instead of a monitor screen, the setting dial is located precisely where the earlier ISO setting wheel once lived and calls back memories of the days of analog photography. The exposure compensation dial furthers the concept of having manual control of all essential exposure parameters, even when powered off, which began with the launch of the Leica M10.
- A visual likeness to a analog cameras is further emphasized by the integrated, fold-out thumb rest of the Leica M10-D. In appearance, it recalls the iconic film advance lever of the analog M models and thus further reinforces the tangible analog photography experience. Today, this homage to winding the film and cocking the shutter for the next exposure simply serves to improve the camera’s ergonomics and offers additional grip and stability – particularly when shooting one-handed and for longer periods.
- Despite its concentration on the essentials of analog-style shooting, the M10-D simultaneously fulfills all the requirements of a modern digital camera.
- This includes fast and easy integration in the mobile digital environment by means of a Wi-Fi function, which can be activated directly and immediately with the on/off ring on the back of the camera.
- The accessory shoe of the Leica M10-D is compatible with the high-resolution Visoflex electronic viewfinder, which also features an integrated GPS module that can geotag image files. The Visoflex EVF is not only ideal for composing and shooting pictures from almost any angle, it can also be set for Auto-Review of the most recent exposure for up to five seconds. This expands the capabilities of the camera, especially when shooting with wide-angle or telephoto lenses.