Swarovski ATC 17-40x56 Angled Spotting Scope Burnt Orange
The Swarovski ATC 17-40x56 Angled Spotting Scope in Burnt Orange delivers premium optics in a highly portable form for extended backcountry tours and will fit conveniently into your backpack.
Swarovski ATC 17-40x56 Angled Spotting Scope Burnt Orange Summary
Small dimensions, outstanding optics: Thanks to its length of 258 mm (10.2 in), the ATC spotting scope with angled view will fit in any backpack. A weight of just 970 g (34.2 oz) makes it a top choice for tours in rough terrain and remote areas. The clever half shell makes it easier to position on a surface without a tripod and allows unimpeded turning of the focusing and zoom wheel at all times. In combination with the VPA, the ATC is ideal for digiscoping. The carrying strap adds the perfect finishing touch.
OBJECTIVE LENS DIAMETER
The objective lens diameter specifies how much light can enter the optics. This makes it a key factor in an instrument’s performance, for example, in twilight. The bigger the objective lens diameter, the more light the objective lens can capture. The darker the surroundings, the larger the objective lens diameter needs to be. Check the precise product name as the number after the ‘x’ specifies the objective lens diameter in millimeters. For example, a device with the suffix 10x42 has an objective lens with a diameter of 42 mm.
Variable magnification makes it possible to adjust the magnification flexibly within a specific range. In contrast to fixed magnification, it allows you to zoom from the lower value to the higher value. However, as the magnification increases, the field of view, i.e. the image section, becomes smaller. Check the precise product name as the number in front of the ‘x’ specifies the magnification. For example, 30-70x95 is a device with a variable magnification from 30x to 70x.
FIELD OF VIEW
The field of view describes the size of the image section that can be seen through the optics. This is specified either in meters (width) at a distance of 1000 meters (m/1000m), or feet (width) at a distance of 1000 yards (ft/1000 yds), or as an angle (degrees). The higher the magnification, the smaller the field of view.Binoculars have a large field of view, which means you can see a wide area. Spotting scopes have a higher magnification, which makes the field of view much smaller, but you can see more detail.
The weight specifies how heavy or light the device is (in grams or ounces). Do you intend to do a lot of walking? Lightweight equipment is a priority in this case.
Swarovski ATC 17-40x56 Angled Spotting Scope Specifications
|Effective objective lens diameter||56 mm|
|Exit pupil diameter||3.4-1.4 mm|
|Eye relief||20 mm|
|Field of view at m/1,000 m / ft/1,000 yds||62-34 m/1000m|
|Field of view degrees||3.52-1.93 °|
|Field of view apparent||57-71 °|
|Shortest focusing distance||3.4 m|
|Diopter correction at ∞||> 5 dpt|
|Light transmission||88 %|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.