Sony SEL1224GM FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
The Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM (SEL1224GM) is a premium full-frame G Master Series ultra wide angle zoom lens delivering sharp, high quality optics suitable for landscape, stars, interiors and more.
- Dynamic ultra wide angle zoom range suitable for creative landscape, interiors and more
- Bright constant f/2.8 aperture for handheld low light photography and video shooting
- Fast, reliable focussing system with four motors provides advanced AF capabilities
- Complex optical design delivers high resolving power and excellent sharpness throughout the frame
- Weather sealed design for outdoor photographers shooting in virtually any weather
Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens Summary
The premium G Master FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM ultra wide angle zoom lens from Sony is the latest full-frame addition to their mirrorless E-mount lens range. Sporting a number of high quality optics renders the SEL1224GM lens ideal for high quality wide angle photography and video capture. The constant bright aperture is ideal for handheld shooting stills and video even in low light and works seamlessly with advanced Eye and Face Detect AF functionality. Four XD Linear (Extreme Dynamic) Motors deliver faster and more accurate focusing than conventional lenses for both photography and videography. 12-24mm ultra wide focal widths are suitable for a number of subjects which include landscape, night and astro photography, interior scenes as well as creative architectural photography.
Quality from the Sony FE 12-24mm GM is consistently high thanks to the inclusion of a number of advanced optical elements. Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements ensure outstanding resolution for cameras such as the a7R IV which packs 61 megapixels. One aspherical element, two super ED and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements deliver high corner-to-corner resolving power. Flare and ghosting is controlled by Nano AR Coating II which effectively eliminates light anomalies and ensures high contrast, clear images. As expected with G Master quality, the FE 12-24mm lens is dust and moisture resistant allowing outdoor shooting to continue even if the weather goes south.
Sony SEL1224GM Sample Images
Camera: Sony A7R iv
Focal length: 12mm
Shutter Speed: 1/5th sec
ISO: ISO 400
Camera: Sony A7R iv
Shutter Speed: 8 sec
ISO: ISO 3200
Camera: Sony A7R iv
Shutter Speed: 1/2500th sec
ISO: ISO 100
Camera: Sony A9 ii
Shutter Speed: 1/1000th sec
ISO: ISO 1600
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Sony is renowned for their premium G Master Series full-frame lenses and the SEL1224GM FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM is a versatile addition for serious enthusiasts and professional photographers. This option is primarily aimed at both indoor and outdoor subjects which require sharp, high resolving detail, but also benefits from a circular 9-blade aperture which creates beautiful background bokeh defocus effects. Photographers who capture moving subjects will particularly benefit from four ultra fast linear focus motors which utilise renowned Eye, Face and subject AF detection.
Outdoor photographers and videographers will thrive on the ability to continue their work even during poor weather thanks to weather resistance as well as the bright constant f/2.8 aperture. This extends the capabilities of this model to capturing beautiful night, star and astro scenes with corner to corner high resolution. Quality is second to none with the addition of numerous advanced optical elements ensuring sharp, high contrast detail suitable for any full-frame Sony Alpha mirrorless cameras. The ultra wide angle zoom range makes this a highly desirable Sony landscape lens and photographers working in other fields will also be drawn to the high performance which this model delivers.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.