Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Prime Lens
With an extra-low dispersion element, double linear motor and fast aperture, the Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 prime lens is excellent for portraits or low light photography with selective focus & beautiful bokeh.
- Reliable even in challenging conditions with sealed dust and moisture resistant design
- Sharp focus with wide-open f/1.8 aperture
- Beautiful bokeh with 9-bladed aperture mechanism
- Precise, fast and quiet autofocus
- Perfect portrait lens for professionals and enthusiasts alike
Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 E-Mount Prime Lens
With a wide open f/1.8 aperture, this full frame Sony FE 85mm is a mid-telephoto prime lens that produces impressive and exceptionally sharp portraits with a beautifully soft background, perfect for working professionals or keen enthusiasts who are making the jump to full frame or APS-C sized cameras.
A versatile, lightweight and compact telephoto prime lens, the 85mm f/1.8 uses a 9-bladed circular aperture mechanism to ensure smooth, natural looking bokeh. A double linear motor system allows for fast, precise and quiet focusing, and a focus hold button can be customised and assigned together with functions in the camera body like the popular Eye-AF feature.
High corner-to-corner resolution
This compact, easy-to-handle lens offers fine prime lens performance with high corner-to-corner resolution. A precision optical design includes one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element to effectively minimise chromatic aberration, while spherical aberration is tightly controlled for high overall sharpness with smooth bokeh when required.
Beautiful bokeh enhances portraits
Spherical aberration is carefully optimised to achieve the best possible balance between resolution and smooth, natural bokeh that can provide a perfect backdrop for a wide range of subjects, while a 9-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh highlights. 85mm is often a photographer’s first choice for people and portraits.
Mobile and manageable for active shooting
A compact, lightweight design that is ideally matched to the α7 series offers a great blend of portability and high image quality for portraits, events, and more. Even though the SEL85F18 features and advanced optical design add up to impressive overall performance, its 371-gram (13.1 oz.) weight makes it a great choice for active, on-the-go shooting.
Quiet, precise focus drive
A double linear motor actuator system directly drives the lens’s focus mechanism without noisy intervening gears, for precision positioning and quiet operation that are great for movies as well as stills.
Quality build, versatile features
A customisable focus hold button can be assigned to other functions such as Eye AF, for example, while a wide, responsive focus ring offers improved manual focus comfort and precision. A dust and moisture resistant design plus other refinements add up to outstanding quality and photographic versatility.
Reliable in challenging conditions
A sealed dust and moisture resistant design provides extra protection and ensures reliable operation in challenging environments. Shoot with confidence in light rain or windy conditions.
Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Prime Lens Specifications
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35mm full frame
- FOCAL-LENGTH (MM): 85
- 35MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL-LENGTH (APS-C): 127.5
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 8/9
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 29°
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 19°
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F):1.8
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 22
- APERTURE BLADES: 9
- CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.8m (2.63 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.13
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 67
- IMAGE STABILISATION (STEADYSHOT): - (body-integrated)
- HOOD TYPE: Round shape, bayonet type
- Size & Weight:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 78 x 82 mm (3 1/8 x 3 1/4 in.)
- WEIGHT; 371g (13.1 oz.)
What's In The Box:
Hood (model): ALC-SH150
Lens front cap: ALC-F67S
Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 78|
|Length (mm): 82|
|Weight (g): 371|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 85 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 85|
|Maximum magnification: 0.13|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 85|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.8|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: ED elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
This is a compact, lightweight, and exceptionally high quality 85mm prime lens that will be loved by professionals and enthusiasts alike. The wide-open f/1.8 aperture and 9-bladed aperture mechanism ensures beautifully sharp portraits with a gorgeously smooth background and foreground bokeh blur.
Sony have ensured that focusing is quiet, precise and fast thanks to the double linear motor system, which means you can be subtle and unobtrusive when shooting impressive portraits.
As with all Sony full frame prime lenses, the FE 85mm f/1.8 is a quality built lens with a range of versatile features, including dust and moisture resistance, AF/MF switch, and a focus hold button that can be customised and assigned to features in the camera .
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.