- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Prime Lens
The FE 85mm f/1.4 GM is a renowned short telephoto portrait lens for Sony E-mount full-frame camera s with a fast, bright aperture, 11-blade diaphragm for buttery smooth bokeh & out of focus backgrounds.
Earn 1499 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Future-proofed to work with high resolution cameras
- Dual focus system
- Outstanding sharpness at f/1.4!
- 11 blades for incrediblbe bokeh
Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM G Master Telephoto Prime Lens SUMMARY
- Incorporates new XA element and 3 ED glass elements
- 11-blade circular aperture for smooth bokeh
- Sony Nano Ar coated for reduced ghosting and flare
- ring drive SSM motor system
- 2 position sensors for excellent focus control
- Dust and moisture-resistant
- Aperture ring with on/off switchable click stops for stills or movies
- AF / MF switch and focus hold button
Product features in detail
The Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM telephoto prime lens utilises a new XA (extreme Aspherical) element and 3 ED glass elements that guarantee in-focus areas are captured in incredible resolution, and out of focus areas are smooth and beautiful.
It uses the most blades ever found in a Sony zoom lens for smooth and attractive bokeh, and it has been treated with Sony's Nano AR Coating which minimises ghosting and flare, particularly in backlit situations.
The ring drive SSM motor system ensures it has plenty of speed and power to drive its heavy, large focus group, and it has 2 position sensors that support perfect focus control of the heavy, large lens elements.
The FE85mm is both dust and moisture-resistant and features an aperture ring with on / off switchable click stops that are adjustable depending on whether you are using movies or still images, as well as an AF/MF switch and a focus hold button.
what else is included in the box?
- ALC-Sh242 hood
- ALC-F77S lens front cap
- ALC-R1EM lens rear cap
A new dimension of portrait performance
The most advanced technology available has been applied in the G Master series, further enhancing acclaimed Sony G Lens performance. This model combines refined G Lens bokeh with new levels of resolution in a truly outstanding portrait lens that can fully utilise the performance potential of current and future high-resolution camera bodies.
Extraordinary resolution and bokeh
Outstanding resolution even at the maximum F1.4 aperture renders the subject with impressive dimensionality. Then gradual, gorgeous bokeh dissolves the background into an artistic backdrop with natural colouration and highlights. This rare combination, due in part to new XA element technology, opens up new vistas of visual expression.
Natural images with no spurious colour
Chromatic aberration can degrade resolution as well as bokeh quality. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements make a significant contribution to this lens’s outstanding optical performance, keeping axial chromatic aberration in check while maximising both clarity and the natural look and colour of its breathtaking bokeh.
Sublime 2-sensor autofocus accuracy
In addition to the usual rotation sensor, a second sensor detects focus lens group position. This dual sensor system achieves the extremely high level of focus precision that is necessary to make the most of the high-resolution potential of advanced camera bodies. RDSSM (Ring Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) drive provides the required power and speed.
11 blades for luscious bokeh
Sony’s circular aperture design usually employs up to 9 blades. This is the first α lens to incorporate 11 blades in a circular aperture design, taking bokeh quality to new levels of smooth beauty with natural looking highlights.
Outstanding clarity and contrast
Advanced Nano AR Coating technology produces a lens coating with a precisely defined regular nano-structure that effectively suppresses reflections that can cause flare and ghosting, for notable improvements in clarity, contrast, and overall image quality. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2.Glass / 3.Transmitted light)
Hood lock and release
A hood lock mechanism prevents accidental hood detachment when moving from location to location, but a hood release button makes it easy to remove and replace the hood whenever necessary.
Versatile fingertip focus control
The ability to respond quickly to rapidly changing shooting situations can mean the difference between getting the shot or not. A manual/auto focus mode switch and focus hold button are positioned for easy access, providing versatile, professional control for a wide range of subjects and environments.
Easy de-click for movies
While still shooters usually prefer the tactile feedback provided by click stops on the aperture ring, moviemakers favour smooth, quiet, click-free aperture operation. The click stops on this lens’s aperture ring can be easily turned on or off to suit still or movie shooting applications.
High reliability in harsh conditions
In addition to the normal dust and moisture sealing measures, a seal has been added at the lens-body interface for even further protection and reliability in challenging environments. Shoot with confidence in light rain or windy conditions.
|Offers: Trade In Bonus|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): 108|
|Weight (g): 820|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 85 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 85|
|Maximum magnification: 0.12|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 85|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.8|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Extreme Aspherical, Super ED, ED elements + Nano AR coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
This may be our favourite portrait lens we've ever used. Shooting at f/1.4, combined with Sony's Eye-AF feature is an absolute dream. Impeccible build quality, and the bokeh from 11 blades is as smooth as you like. An absolute must for any Sony user who loves to shoot portraits!
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.