SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Classic Lens
The SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Classic Lens is designed to capture a unique rainbow flare visual effect when shooting backlit subjects, reminiscent of lenses from 50 years ago, or remove the effect by stopping down.
SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Classic Lens Summary
A fast normal-length prime featuring an old-school retro design, the Pentax SMC PENTAX-FA 50mm f/1.4 Classic Lens offers a bright maximum aperture in a highly compact and portable form factor. Constructed with optical elements to cover the full-frame image circle of all K-mount cameras, this lens produces unique image renditions commonly created by lenses designed 50 years ago. When set to wide apertures and against strong backlight, the lens produces a unique visual effect commonly known as rainbow flare. In order to assist in creating this effect, a 49mm ND filter is included with the lens. Additionally, it retains the retro exterior design of the original SMC PENTAX-FA 50mm f/1.4 with a black matte finish and a matte-black focus ring.
- Full-Frame | f/1.4 to f/22
- Fast Normal-Length Prime
- Old-School Retro Design
- Compact and Portable Form Factor
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.5'
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
A normal-length prime optimized for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, the lens can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an approximate equivalent focal length of 75mm.
Fully compatible with all K-mount DSLR cameras and K-mount film-format cameras, this lens allows you to retain all camera functions.
Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture contributes to both low-light performance as well as offering precise control over depth of field.
An eight-blade diaphragm control mechanism produces soft and natural bokeh from f/1.4 to f/2.8 while also minimizes the streaking effect of point light sources.
Well-suited for a wide variety of subjects including street photography and portraiture, this prime lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 1.5' and allows you to easily capture nearby subjects.
Distinctive Imaging Characteristics
Through intentional fine-tuning of the lens design, this lens produces a unique visual effect known as rainbow flare when it captures an image at wide-open apertures and against strong backlight. It lets you change the position and size of rainbow flare by shifting the relative position of the subject and light source, creating a unique visual expression not common with modern lenses. In order to assist in creating this effect, a 49mm ND filter is included with the lens.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.