Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens Nikon F
- A rare addition to a small line of hyper-telephoto lenses with modern tech built-in
- Built to just do the job - can handle the stresses outdoor photography can bring to equipment
- The lens hood is built of carbon fibre, everybody loves a bit of carbon fibre!
SIGMA 500mm F/4 GD OS HSM Sports Nikon Fit Lens Summary
|SIGMA 500mm F/4 GD OS HSM Sports Nikon Fit Lens Features in Detail|
The flagship lens of the Sports line
Photographers typically choose a prime lens when they require top image quality. However, the new flagship lens of our Sports line, the SIGMA 500mm F4 DG OS HSM fulfills
Combining top-level optical performance with functionality for challenging shoots, SIGMA 500mm F4 DG OS HSM - Sports sets a new standard for high-performance telephoto lenses.
Enhanced dust/splash-proof construction and available exclusive Protector
The front of the lens features a water- and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and helps prevent oil from sticking to the surface. This feature is particularly useful when shooting in a drizzle or near ocean spray.
The lens is compatible with the exclusive SIGMA Protector LPT-11 (sold separately), which effectively helps prevent damage to the lens during shooting and maintenance.
Magnesium alloy barrel
To help minimize the weight associated with a hyper telephoto lens, the lens barrel is
Both lightweight and tough, this alloy contributes to the outstanding maneuverability of SIGMA 500mm F4 DG HSM - Sports.
Carbon fiber hood
The lens hood is made of carbon fiber, which is both lightweight and strong. In fact, the entire lens is designed to be lightweight for outstanding performance in tough shooting conditions.
Tripod socket with 90° click stops
Since photographers often prefer to use a hyper-telephoto lens with a monopod or tripod, the
The click position may be canceled by turning off the "de-clicking" switch. The lens also comes equipped with a dedicated strap for the tripod socket, making it easy to carry equipment without undue stress on the camera mount.
The lens incorporates two FLD and one SLD glass elements, while the optimized power distribution helps minimize spherical aberration and axial chromatic aberration. The optical system also effectively minimizes transverse chromatic aberration, which can affect the edges of the shots taken in the telephoto range.
In addition, image quality remains exceptional when the lens is used with a SIGMA Tele Converter (sold separately).
OS system with acceleration sensor and new Intelligent OS algorithm
Two OS modes are available:
In Mode 2, the acceleration sensor teams up with the Intelligent OS and its updated stabilization algorithm to deliver effective stabilization while you move the camera horizontally, vertically, or diagonally regardless of the position of the lens.
This feature helps ensure effective panning and outstanding capture of moving subjects.
AF function switch with preset AF modes
The AF function switch allows you to set your own autofocus specification. The lens can remember the focus position of your choice or turn off AF until it is needed.
Manual override incorporated to make two full-time manual modes switchable.
In addition to AF/MF, MO (Manual Override) is incorporated as one of the options of the focus mode switch.
By setting it to the MO position, it switches to manual focus by rotating the focus ring even
Quieter and Faster "Optimized AF"
SIGMA Tele Converters, mount Converters, and USB DOCK make possible customization and flexible adjustment for convenience or a specific purpose.
The addition of SIGMA's TELE Converter TC-1401 or TELE Converter TC-2001 produces a AF 700mm F5.6 hyper-telephoto lens or a AF 1000mm F8 hyper-telephoto lens respectively.
* When shooting subjects with low contrast or luminosity value, focus may not be spot on the subject.
SIGMA USB DOCK - Customizable to your needs
Customization including firmware updates, focus adjustment, setting of full time
With this lens, custom mode that can be set depending on the photography situation is
Through custom mode, it is possible to set AF speed, focus limiter where desired focus range can be adjusted, and OS where one of the patterns for optical stabilizer can be selected from "Dynamic View Mode", "Standard" and "Moderate View Mode".
SIGMA Sports Lenses
While offering sophisticated optical performance and expressiveness, the SIGMA Sports line lenses deliver high action-capture performance, enabling photographers to get the exact shots they want.
With these lenses, fast-moving subjects even at distance can be well captured. This
Another major feature of the Sports line lenses is their wide range of customization
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: Yes|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 500 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: Nikon F (FX)|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 500|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/4|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 500|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: Ultrasonic|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: Extending (rotary)|
This 500mm lens from Sigma with f/4 max aperture is the ideal lens for those looking to shoot something that is far away from them - sports, wildlife, the moon, the stars, the meaning of life.
Top quality optics accompany a high quality build that is designed to withstand the rigours of shooting in environments where the elements (or in the case of wildlife, the subjects) may not treat your lens with kid gloves, regardless of how you treat it personally!
A new generation hyper sonic motor is incorporated to improve upon autofocus, and the 2-mode optical stabilisation system brings a level of customisation to your shooting - which can be customised further when combined with the SIGMA USB dock (sold separately).
This lens can also be combined with compatible SIGMA teleConverters, which will allow you to turn this hyper-telephoto lens into an ultra-super-hyper-telephoto lens.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.