Samyang AF 24mm f/1.8 FE Lens For Sony E
The Samyang AF 24mm F/1.8 FE for Sony E falls into the Tiny Series lens line-up as a large aperture wide angle prime with high quality optics and features optimised for Astrophotography.
- Extremely compact and lightweight wide-angle lens with advanced optical design
- Dedicated Astrophotography features to make shooting night scenes and stars far easier
- Versatile lens suited to a wide range of photography and videography subjects
- New AF/MF Custom switch and a focus lock button with LED infinity focus indicator
- Bright f/1.8 aperture and high quality optics deliver sharp images day or night
Samyang AF 24mm F/1.8 FE Lens Summary
Samyang is no newcomer to producing high quality, affordable lenses for full frame Sony E-mount cameras and the addition of the AF 24mm f/1.8 FE Lens bolsters their line-up significantly. It is significant as it arrives with a number of innovative new features for wide-angle photographers including some dedicated to Astrophotography, These include a Custom Mode with an LED indicator to make shooting night scenes far easier with the click of a button sending the lens off to infinity automatically. The Samyang AF 24mm F/1.8 FE is definitely not a one trick pony however, with advanced optics including a number of special elements to draw out sharp details required for landscape photography, street, architecture and even documentary and portraits.
Features at a glance
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture
- New focus lock button and infinity focus indicator
- New AF/MF Mode Switch with a minimum focus distance of just 0.19m
- Comprehensive weather sealing
- 9-rounded diaphragm blades
- 11 elements in 8 groups with 2 Aspherical, 3 HR and 2 ED glass
- Tiny Series size and weight at 65mm x 71.5mm and just 230g.
Samyang AF 24mm F/1.8 FE Lens in More Detail
Samyang's AF 24mm F1.8 FE lens is a compact autofocus wide-angle lens, optimised and ideally matched to Sony Full Frame and APS-C E-Mount Mirrorless cameras. It offers the perfect solution for Landscape, Indoor and Astrophotography, with super fast F/1.8 maximum aperture and 83.7° angle of view.
Even wide-open at its F/1.8 maximum aperture, the AF 24mm F1.8 FE delivers superb image quality from centre to edge, during daytime or at night.
Unique features include an AF/MF Custom switch and a focus lock button, with LED infinity focus indicator. The new elegant design is compact and lightweight, measuring 65mm diameter, 71.5mm long and weighing in at just 230g.
The linear stepping-motor delivers fast, quiet and accurate autofocus, with a close focus distance of just 19cm.There is a 58mm front thread for convenient use of filters and advanced weather sealing allows shooting to continue in less than ideal weather conditions.
- Hoya 58mm Starscape Light-Pollution Filter - remove unwanted light pollution during any night scenes with this handy lens filter
- 58mm Tiffen variable ND filter - ideal for 2 to 8 stops of light control for photos and video
- Hoya REVO SMC 5- essential for landscapes, helping to cut down glare, reflections and adds blue saturation to skies
Samyang AF 24mm F/1.8 FE Lens Sample images
Mounted on Sony a7 III. Exposure: 10 seconds. f/1.8 ISO 1250
Mounted on Sony a7 III. Exposure: 10 seconds. f/1.8 ISO 3200
Mounted on Sony a7R III. Exposure: 1/160. f/5 ISO 100
Mounted on Sony a7 III. Exposure: 1/250. f/8 ISO 50
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 65|
|Length (mm): 72|
|Weight (g): 230|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 24|
|Maximum magnification: 0.21|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.19|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 aspherical + 3 HR + 2 ED, UMC coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With years of experience designing a wide range of affordable Samyang lenses for all major camera systems, it is inevitable that they will introduce new offerings with innovative features to make camera companies and users sit up and take note. The full frame AF 24mm f/1.8 FE Lens For Sony E-mount is such a lens. It combines Samyang’s design ethos of producing tiny, compact lenses for mirrorless cameras with notable new features never seen before. The results are excellent too, with custom operation to shoot Astro and night scenes made effortlessly easy. Anyone who has shot stars knows how hard it is to get pin sharp focus and the customisable focus button achieves just that. The lens also has a useful red LED as well as a new AF/MF Mode Switch.
Wide-angle photography is as popular as ever, as so many subjects fall within the 24mm remit that anyone shooting other styles of images and video will also find this lens appealing.
If you want sharp results, a bright aperture in a versatile wide angle prime lens packed with features that makes the most of Sony’s advanced AF systems, you’ve arrived in the right place.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.