Profoto A2 Monolight
The Profoto A2 Monolight is an ultra compact, bright 100W second studio light, with quick 0.1 - 1.6 second recycle time and 400 full power flash capacity which features large, intuitive display.
Profoto A2 Monolight Summary
The Profoto A2 is small, lightweight, and portable - about the size of a regular soda can, making it our smallest ever monolight.
- Super compact size and low weight.
- Powerful 100Ws flash and fast flash recycling
- Built-in reflector and lens that creates a natural light spread with smooth fall-off.
- Fully compatible with all magnetic Profoto Clic Light Shaping Tools.
- Integrated AirX connectivity for full compatibility with all Profoto remotes and apps.
- Fully compatible with batteries and battery chargers for Profoto A-series flashes.
- Built-in LED focus/modelling light.
- Removable stand adapter with integrated umbrella holder.
- Clean and easy user interface with large hi-resolution display
Profoto A2 Monolight in detail
The compact size means this is a light that you really can bring anywhere and everywhere. Throw it in your bag or a jacket pocket, and you're ready to make the most of whatever location you might find yourself in; it's ideal when space is at a premium and time is short.
Like all Profoto lights, the A2 is easy and intuitive to use; you'll go from box to first flash in record time. Yes, it comes with an instruction manual, and no, you probably won't have to bother reading it.
With AirX connectivity built-in, you can use the A2 as a part of a more extensive Profoto lighting system, and you can shoot with any camera, including a smartphone. In addition, enjoy the freedom of choosing where you adjust all settings. Either via the user-friendly large display on the flash or the Profoto Control app - it's up to you.
The creative possibilities become almost endless when you combine the A2 with the Profoto Clic System - a series of light shaping tools bespoke to A-series flashes. Factor in the Clic OCF Adapter II, and then suddenly Profoto's entire range of OCF light shaping tools are available to use as well.
More than anything else, this is a creative tool. It exists to help the ambitious photographer capture striking and beautiful images anywhere, anytime. Making the Profoto A2 a must-have light for image creators who want to push the limits of what's possible on location.
Profoto A2 Specifications
Max energy: 100 Ws Energy range: 10 f-stops (0.1-100 Ws) Recycling time: 0.1-1.6 s Energy stability: <0.2 f-stop Max f-stop @2m /100 ISO: 8.0.5 without external reflector TTL: Yes HSS: Yes
Lamp type: LED Max output (lumens): 200 Dimming range (%): 100-10% Color temp (K): 3500 Color rendering (CRI): >80
Built in connectivity: Profoto AirX
Wireless operating range
With Profoto remotes: 0.5 - 100 m (1.5- 330 ft) With Bluetooth devices: 0.1- 30 m (0.3-90 ft)
Supported Air remote features
All features in all Profoto Air, AirTTL and Connect remotes
Supported app features
All features in all Profoto camera and control apps
Battery: A-series battery MkII Battery capacity: Up to 400 full power flashes Battery charges in less than 2 hours with A-series battery charger
Firmware update: Yes, via Bluetooth through any Profoto app. Photocell/IR-slave: Yes. External sync socket(s): No Stand adapter: Yes, removable Umbrella mount: Yes, integrated in stand adapter.
Measurements and weight
Width: 7.9 cm / 3.11 in Height: 7.9 cm / 3.11 in Length: 12.6 cm / 4.96 in Weight: 495 g / 17,46 oz without battery and stand adapter 773 g / 27,27 oz with battery and stand adapter
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.