Panasonic Lumix 50mm f/1.4 S Pro L-Mount lens
The Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens for L-Mount has a large-aperture which boasts stunningly high resolution and incredible sharpness from centre to corner even when used wide open.
- Smooth, creamy bokeh and excellent subject separation from an 11-blade rounded aperture
- High quality optical design renders sharp, detailed results when shooting stills and videos
- Two focus motors ensure responsive Autofocus capabilities with full subject tracking
- Comprehensive weather resistance with a -10C operating temperature
- Versatile standard fixed length prime lens suitable for any number of day to day subjects
Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens for L-Mount Summary
With a wide aperture and impressive results the Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens is one of the fastest professional primes available in the L-mount range of lenses. A 50mm prime focal width is often favoured as one of the most versatile for any system, particularly when paired with an 11-blade rounded aperture as is the case with Panasonic’s design here. This results in beautifully smooth bokeh with soft out of focus areas and adept performance when isolating the subject. For photographers and videographers image or video sharpness is second to none across the frame with high resolution rendering made possible by two aspherical and three extra low dispersion glass elements. The inclusion of a linear motor and a stepping motor provide particularly fast precise focusing performance, ideal for movings subjects especially when paired with more recent Lumix cameras. The lens continues working brilliantly in low light situations and comes with a weather sealed design for more harsh conditions.
- Large bright f/1.4 aperture
- 11-bladed iris for exceptional bokeh and soft out of focus
- Outstanding sharpness across the frame
- Weather-resistant design
- Quick switching between Focus modes
- Designed for photo and video work
- Two focus motors ensure responsive AF with full tracking
Based on the Leica L-Mount
Especially focusing on professional use, the LUMIX S Series Lens pursues uncompromising standards in its lenses
A rugged dust and splash resistant design
to withstand use under harsh conditions even in 10 degrees below zero to match the professional level of the S1 and S1R cameras.
The focus element of the lens is moved by motors with a sophisticated design, supporting the high frequency of the S-System sporting up to 480 frames per second.
For ultimate control
the lens has a focus clutch mechanism allowing instant switching from autofocus to manual adjustment at any time.
Excels at video
The LUMIX S-lens also excel when used for video as they are designed to suppress focus breathing during recording.
The new LUMIX S PRO 50mm F1.4. is A large-aperture lens with a focal length considered ‘standard' for the full frame format, the LUMIX S PRO 50mm F1.4 boasts stunningly high resolution and incredible sharpness from centre to corner even when used wide open.
The optical design and the use of an 11-bladed iris provide beautifully smooth focus transition and exceptionally attractive bokeh.
Comprising 13 elements in 11 groups, 2 aspherical lenses and 3 extra-low Dispersion lenses are used to avoid chromatic aberrations and to ensure outstanding resolution centre to corner.
What’s in the box
- Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens for L-Mount
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Lens hood
- Lens storage bag
- B+W 77mm XS-Pro Käsemann HTC Polariser MRC-Nano Filter - a high quality CPL for outdoor photography
- Polar Pro Peter McKinnon VND Filter Signature Edition II 77mm 6-9 stop - excellent variable ND filter for shooting video in brighter conditions
- Polar Pro Peter McKinnon VND Filter Signature Edition II 77mm 2-5 stop - same as above filter for slightly less bright conditions
Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens Specifications
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 3 ED lenses)
- Aperture Type: 11 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture range: F1.4 - F16
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.44m / 1.44ft
- Maximum magnification: Approx. 0.15x
- Dust and Splash Resistant: Yes
- Recommended Operating Temperature: -10C to 40C
- Filter Size: φ77mm
- Max. Diameter: φ90mm
- Overall Length: Approx. 130mm (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight: Approx. 955g (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: L Mount Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Panasonic is aiming for advanced enthusiasts and professional content creators with such a fast prime lens as this Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4. The lens resolves superb sharpness and detail regardless of which camera it’s mounted on, gained from a particularly high-end optical design. With a wide range of subjects falling into the remit of a 50mm prime not one, but two focus motors are included to ensure anything can be tracked and kept pin sharp with this model. Those shooting subjects such as portraits will find beautiful rounded bokeh with excellent fall-off from a sharp subject to creamy smooth backgrounds. They will also be able to work in poorly lit conditions thanks to the f/1.4 bright aperture, perfect for street photography and interior scenes.
The number of lenses in the L-mount range is fast approaching 60 models with each focal length being well represented although this is clearly aimed at high-end users who demand the very best possible results for their content. If you fall into this category the S PRO 50mm f/1.4 makes one of the more compelling choices as an all-rounder with gorgeous results.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.