Nikon 35mm f/1.8 S Z mount lens
Sharp resolution even in the peripheral areas of the frame from the maximum aperture. Effective suppression of sagittal coma flare that enables superb point-image reproduction when capturing point light sources in night landscapes,
- Edge to edge sharpness
- Minimal ghosting and flare thanks to lens coatings
- Customisable control ring
- Incredibly fast AF - perfect for the Z6 or Z7
NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S lens Summary
The wide, knurled control ring allows beautifully exact, intuitive operation. When shooting in AF mode, you can assign ISO or exposure-compensation settings to the control ring. When shooting in Manual Focus, the control ring can be used as a focus ring. Focus shifts according to how quickly or slowly you turn the ring. You get sharp control over your point of focus and filming close-ups is easier.
Rendering performance that overturns the perception of an f/1.8 lens
• Sharp resolution even in the peripheral areas of the frame from the maximum aperture. Effective suppression of sagittal coma flare that enables superb point-image reproduction when capturing point light sources in night landscapes, and the soft and natural bokeh characteristics expected of a fast (bright) lens
• Adoption of a new multi-focusing system achieves quiet, fast, and accurate AF control, as well as high image-forming performance at any focus distance
• In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed
The superior resolving power of the NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S enables every component of a scene to be faithfully reproduced. Capture more detail and reveal truer colours, all the way to the edge—and even when you shoot wide open.
Superior reproduction of point light sources, such as streetlights at night, is achieved by minimising sagittal coma flare. Point light sources appear as fine rounded points, even at the edges of the image.
Two ED glass elements and three aspherical lens elements ensure crisp, brilliant images with rich colour and deep contrast. Peripheral light falloff is controlled to retain brightness across the frame.
Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity, even in backlit conditions. Or when shooting scenes with numerous direct light sources in the frame.
Smooth, silent, precise Autofocusing
AF is smooth and practically silent, which makes this Z 35mm f/1.8 S ideal for shooting movies as well as stills. The lens’ electromagnetic diaphragm ensures precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
High-speed, large-capacity data transfer between lens and camera enables superb distortion compensation for incredible edge-to-edge sharpness. Floating lens elements ensure precise focus at close distances.
Low light and Vibration Reduction
This lens uses in-camera Vibration Reduction to let you shoot at shutter speeds up to five stops slower than otherwise possible.² Capture clearer photos as daylight fades or film scenes without the unwanted effects of camera shake.
Z 35mm f/1.8 S Ergonomics
The wide, knurled control ring allows beautifully exact, intuitive operation. When shooting in AF mode, you can assign exposure-compensation settings to the control ring. When shooting in Manual Focus, the control ring can be used as a focus ring. Focus shifts according to how quickly or slowly you turn the ring. You get sharp control over your point of focus and filming close-ups is easier.
A compelling sense of depth
Smooth, creamy bokeh. Spectacular sharpness. Combined with the nuanced shadows and detailed highlights achieved by your Nikon Z camera, you can create an incredible sense of dimension. Whether you’re shooting photos or movies.
The f/1.8 aperture and rounded 9-blade diaphragm enable creamy, natural-looking bokeh. Highlights are reproduced as gentle points. You get beautifully smooth results, even if you stop the aperture down a little.
Artistry at any distance
The NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S multi-focusing system ensures your point of focus is rendered sharply even when shooting at close distances. Highlights are reproduced as gentle points.
Using the Lens for Video
Shoot exceptional full-frame 4K video footage with beautifully shallow depth of field. This lens gets you closer to gestures that reveal. Eyes that tell. And backdrops that give context.
The near-silent stepping motor allows the quietest moments to deliver full emotional impact. And with a silent control ring that lets you pull focus with absolute precision, nothing will distract from your tensest scenes.
Focus breathing is all but eliminated, enabling reliable composition of expressive shots. Smooth, stable aperture control delivers natural exposure changes throughout the scene.
Your Nikon Z camera and this compact prime are built to capture the action of the streets. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to protect from dust and water droplets
What else is included in the box?
- LC-62B 62 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-N1 Rear
- Lens Cap
- HB-89 Bayonet Hood
- CL-C1 Lens Case
NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S lens Specification
FX Full frame 35 mm
11 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
Angle of view
FX format: 63°, DX format: 44°
Rear focusing system
Minimum focus distance
0.25 m (0.82 ft)
No. of diaphragm blades
9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Nano Crystal Coat
62 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
Diameter x length
Approx. 73.0 mm maximum diameter x 86.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
Approx. 370 g (13.1 oz.)
LC-62B 62 mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap, HB-89 Bayonet Hood, CL-C1 Lens Case
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 73|
|Length (mm): 86|
|Weight (g): 370|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.190|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.80|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 35.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 ED + 3 aspherical elements, Nano Crystal Coat|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Nikon recognised with the launch of the Z series camera s that the need for a 35mm 'street photography' focal range should be met early doors, and boy did they deliver.
This lens lets you shoot wide open without fear of drop-off, and remains responsive even in low ligh conditions.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.