Leica APO Tele Elmar S 180mm f/3.5 CS Lens Black Anodised
The extremely high performance offered by the APO Elmar-S 180 mm f/3.5 makes it an exceptional lens, even when compared to other Leica S-System lenses. With its distinctive telephoto character and very fast initial aperture, it is an invaluable asset for portrait photography, and is also an ideal lens for close-up work, thanks to its close focusing limit of just 1.5 meters (~5 ft).
Distortion, vignetting or chromatic aberration will not be an issue with this lens, as a result of its elaborate design comprising nine lens elements in seven groups.Six of these nine lenses are manufactured from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion, and two of these also possess particularly low dispersion characteristics. Thanks to the incorporation of these lenses, Leica’s specialists have achieved apochromatic correction with a very well corrected secondary spectrum and almost negligible chromatic aberration. Internal focusing ensures not only that the exceptional imaging performance of this lens remains practically constant throughout its entire focusing range, but also guarantees ideal weight distribution and superior handling of this weather- and dust-sealed lens.
The imaging performance of the APO Elmar-S 180 mm f/3.5, and its extremely high, corner-to-corner contrast, sets entirely new standards, and not only in this camera class. At the same time, its performance remains absolutely constant at all apertures and distances – stopping down with this lens is only really necessary for exposure control and creating greater depth of field. As a result, this lens offers an almost countless range of creative opportunities.
This is the CS version of the lens, which has a central shutter, also known as a leaf shutter, built-in. The central shutter allows the S camera to sync with a flash unit at any shutter speed up to and including 1/1000th of a second. This provides the photographer with exceptional control when balancing ambient and strobe lighting.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses S mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.