Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR X Mount Lens
An ultra-wide angle zoom with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 that uses cutting-edge technology to achieve outstanding edge-to-edge image sharpness.
- Ultra-wide angle zoom
- Reduced distortion thanks to clever design
- Clear images thanks to lens coatings
- Dust and moisture resistant
Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR X Mount Lens Summary
- 8-16mm focal length range (35mm Full Frame equivalent of 12-24mm)
- Wide angle zoom, perfect for landscapes and architecture
- Fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture
- Focuses as close as 25cm
- 9 bladed diaphragm
- Measures 88mm x 121.5mm
- Weighs 805g
The Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR lens is a fast ultra-wide angle zoom lens that has a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 and is equivalent to 12-24mm in the 35mm Full Frame format. It complements the other constant f/2.8 zoom lenses - XF 16-55 mm f/2.8 R LM WR and XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR - making a premium trio of lenses that covers the 35mm Full Frame focal length equivalents of 12mm all the way to 213mm. The lens' outstanding edge-to-edge image-resolving performance and f/2.8 maximum aperture makes this product a perfect choice for landscape and architecture photography with an emphasized sense of perspective, interior photography at restaurants and hotels, as well as nightscape and astrophotography.
The lens is able to utilize the full capability of Fujifilm's X-Trans CMOS Sensor to achieve superb sharpness even when the aperture is wide open on any Fujifilm camera. It faithfully captures the atmosphere of each scene, thanks to the outstanding image-resolving performance and fast f-stop. The lens barrel is lightweight yet robust while also being resistant to dust, moisture and low temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius, making it extremely reliable for professional photographers.
Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens Features in Detail
Ultra-wide angle zoom with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8
In order to provide an ultra-wide angle zoom of 8-16mm at a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8, this lens uses an impressive 20 elements in 13 groups. This includes four aspherical lens elements to control distortion and spherical aberration, and six ED lens elements including three super ED elements to control lateral chromatic aberration. This design results in advanced image-resolving performance across the zoom range while maintaining a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8.
Field curvature correction mechanism
In order to correct field curvature, typically found with ultra-wide angle lenses, this lens features a correction element which adjusts according to the position of the zoom in order to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness.
Double Nano-GI coating
The rear surface of the two front lens elements is treated with Nano-GI coating to eliminate ghosting and flare, caused by oblique light, creating clear images.
Silent and fast autofocus
The lens uses linear motors for autofocus to achieve quiet and ultra-fast AF which we have come to expect from high-end Fujifilm X lenses.
advanced construction that wiThistands various shooting conditions
The barrel is sealed in 11 places to make the lens resistant to dust, moisture, and low temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius. The front lens element is coated with fluorine to repel water and dirt, adding extraa durability so that the lens can be used outdoors with peace of mind.
Ultra-wide angle lenses have large front element protrusion and cannot be fitted with a regular lens cap. The Fujifilm FLCP-8-16 front lens cap is specifically designed for this lens.
what else is included in the box?
- Fujifilm FLCP-8-16 Lens Cap
- Fujifilm RLCP-001 Rear Lens Cap
- Wrapping Cloth
Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR X Mount Lens Specifications
FUJINON XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
20 elements 13 groups (includes 4 aspherical, 3 ED, 3 super ED elements)
8-16mm (12 - 24mm in 35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
121° - 83.2°
Number of blades : 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Step size 1/3EV (19 steps)
25cm - ∞
External dimensions : Diameter x Length*1 (approx.)
ø88mm x 121.5mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Fujifilm Lenses X mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 122|
|Weight (g): 805|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 8 - 16 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 16|
|Maximum magnification: 0.1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 8|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 4 aspherical + 3 ED + 3 Super ED elements, Nano GI coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The lens' outstanding edge-to-edge image-resolving performance and f/2.8 maximum aperture makes this product a perfect choice for landscape and architecture photography with an emphasized sense of perspective, interior photography at restaurants and hotels, as well as nightscape and astrophotography.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.