Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerised Telescope
Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerised Telescope Summary
Celestron’s signature orange-tube telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 6SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price.
Our Founder’s Vision, Reimagined for the 21st Century
In the 1970s, Celestron’s Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes brought the hobby of astronomy to the masses and established Celestron as the world’s premier telescope maker. Our founder, Tom Johnson, invented Celestron’s proprietary method of producing Schmidt corrector plates for superior views and maximum portability. Johnson believed in creating high-quality optical instruments at an affordable price, and inspired a generation of amateur astronomers.
Four decades later, we’ve improved upon this design by adding cutting-edge features, while staying true to our founder’s intent.
View the Universe’s Most Impressive Celestial Objects
The 6SE’s six-inch primary mirror packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that the solar system has to offer: Cassini’s Division in Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 6SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Of course, it’s what’s inside the mount that really counts. Sturdy construction from high-quality components give NexStar SE the pointing and tracking accuracy needed to observe and follow your favorite targets with push-button ease. Use the included NexStar+ hand control to locate over 40,000 celestial objects, or take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!
Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
For planetary imaging, pair your NexStar 6SE with one of our Skyris cameras. Or, experiment with wide-field deep sky astroimaging by replacing the telescope’s secondary mirror with a DSLR or astronomical CCD camera with a Fastar/HyperStar lens assembly. From your first observing session and for years to come, the NexStar SE is your trusted companion.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||1500mm (59")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||60x|
|Finderscope||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||56mm (2.2")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||37%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||14%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||406mm (16")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||181mm (7.1")|
|Optical Tube Weight||8 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Mount Type||Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|Instrument load capacity||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||965.2mm - 1422.4mm (38" - 56")|
|Tripod leg diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Mount Head Weight||11 lbs (5 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CG-5 dovetail|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||1x Aux port|
|USB port||Yes, Hand Control input|
|Power Requirements||8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Computerized Hand Control||Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||21 lbs (9.5 kg)|
|Included Items||NexStar SE OTA | Single Fork Arm Mount | Tripod | Accessory Tray | Star Pointer Finderscope | NexStar+ Hand Control | 25mm eyepiece | Star Diagonal|
The NexStar series comes in the following models:
|Offer Category: Scopes|
|Offer Product Type: Telescopes|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Scope Close focus (m): N/A|
|Scope Eyerelief (mm): N/A|
|Focal length (mm): N/A|
|Scope Lens coating: N/A|
|Max magnification: N/A|
|Min magnification: N/A|
|Scope Objective lens (mm): N/A|
|Scope Type: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.