ARRI Skypanel S60-C LED Panel
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: I357000
Earn 4434 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Arri Skypanel S60-C LED Light
SkyPanel 'C' (Colour) versions have the ability to adjust the correlated colour temperature anywhere between 2,800 K and 10,000 K, with excellent colour rendition over the entire range. Full plus and minus green correction can be achieved with the simple turn of a knob, and in addition to CCT control, vivid colour selection and saturation adjustment is also possible.
Applications for this controllability range from quickly adjusting the CCT to set the mood of a scene, to selecting the perfect green colour to wash a greenscreen. Each LED light engine is computer calibrated in order to ensure unit-to-unit and batch-to-batch consistency, as well as accurate colour temperatures. The SkyPanel series of lights also works in concert with the L-Series, Arri's LED Fresnel line, perfectly.
High output is usually not associated with a fully tuneable LED fixture, but with the SkyPanel Arri has been able to accomplish both. SkyPanel has tremendous light output across the entire CCT range. Brighter than a 2 kW tungsten soft light or a 6 kW tungsten space light, the SkyPanel S60 has more than enough light for most applications. In some cases the fixture can even compete with natural sunlight; at the same time, it is able to perform beautifully at lower light levels.
True Soft Light Beam Quality
Soft lights are known for their smooth quality of light and even, uniform beam field SkyPanel is no different. The combination of the curated selection of diffusion panels, LED mixing chamber and large light aperture allows for the light to wrap around objects, eliminating sharp shadows and making for a perfect beauty light. The beam field is homogeneous in both colour and intensity.
Outstanding Colour Rendition
Arri has always been at the forefront of LED white light colour quality and SkyPanel lives up to this standard. Natural rendition of skin tones, accurate colour reproduction and precise colour temperature settings are all areas where SkyPanel excels. Whether you measure the colour rendition using CRI (Colour Rendering Index), CQS (Colour Quality Scale) or TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index), SkyPanel performs beautifully.
Illuminated with SkyPanel S60-C at 3200K
SkyPanel perfectly mixes some 2,000 calibrated red, green, blue and white LEDs into one homogeneous beam of soft light. In addition to providing excellent light, the SkyPanel also provides excellent shadows. The shadows are soft in nature and do not exhibit multiple edges or strange colours, making SkyPanel one of the best LED soft lights for shadow rendition on the market.
Familiar but Revolutionary
The SkyPanel user interface is designed to be incredibly easy to use, but also to make a wide range of controls available to the user, all at the same time. With three simple knobs, the colour temperature, green/magenta point, intensity, hue and saturation can be adjusted instantly. People who have never used the light before find the interface effective and intuitive. In addition to the on-board controls, all functions can be remotely adjusted via DMX or LAN network connections.
The SkyPanel was designed to be used primarily as a soft light to illuminate people. However, features were also designed into the fixture to make it extremely versatile. The diffusor panels on the front of the lamphead are interchangeable, so going from a heavy diffusion to a lite diffusion can be done in a matter of seconds. In addition, plans are in place to roll out further diffusion accessories that will accommodate other applications.
The SkyPanel also makes an amazing space light; by providing a large pool of downward soft light, as well as the ability to change CCT and vivid colours, SkyPanel offers a compelling alternative to conventional space lights. Other features include an on-board battery input for mobile applications, LAN port for network connectivity, USB-A port for firmware updates via thumb drive, and many more.
The SkyPanel's low power consumption allows the fixture to be operated in many locations, using many different sources of power. With the on-board battery input, SkyPanel can easily run off industry-standard batteries. Powerful, beautiful soft light need no longer be tethered to the wall or generator. The S60 can be operated at up to 50% of its total power while on battery, and the S30 can be used at full power.
Having a diffused light source is not enough to make a true soft light. SkyPanel also has one of the largest light apertures in its power class; this substantial opening contributes significantly to the soft quality of light and wrapping of the source around a subject. When it comes to soft light aperture, bigger is usually better.
Built to Last
Made in Germany to the high standards for which all Arri products are known, SkyPanel is built to last constructed from resilient materials and assembled by hand with great care. The combination of an aluminum core with fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastics results in a solid fixture that can withstand heavy daily use on busy film sets.
The electronics have been designed to last beyond a minimum of 25,000 hours, and to be easily serviceable. The LED light engine even allows for recalibration, further enhancing SkyPanel's credentials as a long-lasting, high-quality fixture. As with all Arri products, a high return on investment is ensured by uncompromising engineering standards.
|What else is included in the box?|
|Optional Accessories for Arri Skypanel S60|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.