Sony a7 IV Digital Camera With FE 28-70mm Lens Kit
The Sony a7 IV Camera with FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens Kit combines the formidable new full frame hybrid mirrorless body with a versatile zoom so you can head straight out to create compelling content.
- Versatile full frame hybrid camera and 28-70mm zoom lens kit so you can head straight out to make content
- Lightweight combination with Optical SteadyShot and in-body camera stabilisation at up to 5.5 stops
- Completely updated camera body with the latest tech including a fully articulating LCD touch screen for vlogging
- 33 megapixel photos at up to 10fps and 4K/60p movies with S-Cinetone for 15+ stops of dynamic range
- Blistering speeds with Real-time Eye AF for Human/Animal/Bird and uninterrupted shooting
Sony a7 IV Digital Camera With FE 28-70mm Lens Kit Summary
Accompanying the release of the updated Sony a7 IV full frame digital camera comes this lens kit, which adds the versatile Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom kit lens. This allows you to head straight out and create compelling content with this formidable hybrid camera and lightweight lens that gives impressive optical performance. The lens weighs just 295g and features Optical SteadyShot while the camera body brings 5.5 stops of in-body stabilisation. The versatile zoom range is ideal for day to day shooting of a range of subjects, making full use of the brand new 33 megapixel sensor. You’ll also be able to capture spectacular movies at up to 4K/60p in Super35 format with full pixel readout. The camera body has also seen a comprehensive set of upgrades with every aspect updated to include the very latest technology Sony has to offer.
- Camera and lens kit which includes the Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens
- 33 MP full frame Exmor R back-illuminated sensor paired with new Bionz XR engine
- Real-time Tracking and Eye AF technology (human/animal/bird)
- up to 10 frames per second with fast buffer clearance
- Latest generation Bionz XR image processing engine
- Improved low light performance and noise management with native ISO 100 to 51,200 (expandable to 204,800 for stills and 102,400)
- Upgraded 5.5 stops 5-axis in-body image stabilisation system
- 10fps continuous shooting with AF/AE Tracking, now up to f/22
- Uninterrupted shooting with over 828 JPEG + RAW images
- Dual card slots with 1x CFexpress Type A and SD UHS II
- 759 AF points (94% coverage) with 30% AF-S speed improvement
- Fully articulating 1.03 million-dot Vari-angle LCD touchscreen and new touch menu
- New dial with Stills/Movie/Slow and Quick Motion
- Upgraded 3.69 million-dot OLED viewfinder
- Improved grip
- Better connectivity with Digital Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, USB Type-C, 1000Base-T Ethernet, 5GHz WiFi, and HDMI Type-A
- Remote control and focusing with Imaging Edge App
Key Movie features
- 4K/60p in Super35 format with full pixel readout without binning
- Full frame 7K oversampling 4K/30p
- Full HD 120p
- 10bit 4:2:2 with All-Intra compression, XAVC-HS / H.265 at a max bitrate of 600Mbps
- S-Log3 and additional S-Cinetone with 15+ stops of dynamic range
- Top panel video record button
- Unique Sony AF assist from the FX6 Cinema Line with breathing compensation and focus map
- Live stream via USB
Sony a7 IV Camera With FE 28-70mm Lens Kit in More Detail
Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
This 35mm full frame mid-range zoom lens is designed to work with perfectly with the a7 IV, delivering excellent contrast and resolution right out to the edges of the image.
Aspherical lens technology maximises portability without sacrificing quality and the lens combines three aspherical elements with one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element to deliver high-precision shots and breathtaking rendering.
Lenses constructed with conventional optical glass struggle with chromatic aberration as the focal length increases. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass technology was developed to counter these issues, delivering superior contrast and colour quality across the entire focal length, even at large aperture settings.
The 7-blade circular design keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular throughout the full aperture range. This makes it possible to achieve smoother, more natural defocusing in your images as well as artistic bokeh.
Compact 72.5 x 83mm and lightweight 295g with a 55mm filter thread, ideal for adding cost effective and easy to get filters to enhance your photography and videography.
New 35 mm full frame (35.9 x 23.9 mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
In the heart of the a7 IV is a new full frame sensor with approximately 33.0 megapixels. Capture outstanding detail and resolution in JPEG, HEIF and RAW in 3:2 format at up to 7008 x 4672 pixels.
Cutting edge Bionz XR image processing engine
The Sony a7 IV features a revised system architecture with enhanced processing performance from image capture through signal processing with the Bionz XR inherited from the Alpha 1 camera. Processing latency is minimised and image processing power is dramatically increased. User interface, network and file management processing is enhanced for quicker responsiveness regardless of processing load.
15+ stops of dynamic range with wide sensitivity range
The A7 IV has a native ISO range of ISO 100 to 51,200 which is expandable to 204,800 for stills and 102,400 for movies. Efficient noise reduction processing delivers higher resolution from the 33 megapixel image sensor. Resolution is complemented by high sensitivity with low noise, plus approximately 15 stops of dynamic range at lower ISO’s for smooth, natural gradations from shadows to highlights.
Image Sensor Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation
Optimised image stabilisation algorithms combine with a high precision stabilisation unit and gyro sensors to achieve up to 5.5-stops of shutter speed advantage on the updated A7 mark IV camera. This maximises quality of higher resolution images from the camera’s 33 megapixel sensor. The body also features an Active Mode with outstanding stabilisation for handheld movie shooting.
Fast Hybrid AF With Real-time AF Tracking
AI-based Real-time Tracking automatically maintains accurate focus with a subject recognition algorithm using colour, pattern (brightness) and subject distance (depth) data to process spatial information in real time at high speed. Real-time Tracking is faster, more accurate, and more tenacious than before for Human/Animal/Bird with Right/Left Eye Select for humans and animals.
759 point full-area phase detection AF
Focus down to EV -4 using full frame 35 mm with 759 points (phase-detection AF) in a high-density focal plane phase-detection AF system covering approximately 94% of the image area for accuracy and unfailing focus.
New Real-time AF bird mode
In addition to Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals, the a7 IV employs subject recognition technology for Real-time Eye AF for birds. Select your subject bird to be tracked and the camera automatically detects and focuses on the bird’s eye whether even in flight with optimised algorithms even with erratic movement.
4K movie recording with multiple formats
Record in-camera 4K at up to 60 frames per second in super 35 mode (APS-C Crop) with smooth slow-motion imagery. The a7 IV is also capable of capturing up to 3840 x 2160 in 4:2:2, 10bit, NTSC at 24p (100 Mbps / 50 Mbps). Recording formats include XAVC S, XAVC HS, XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and XAVC HS: MPEG-H HEVC/H.265 for various compression options.
Full pixel readout without binning for high-res 4K
Full frame and Super 35 formats can be selected for 4K movie recording with full pixel readout in Super 35 mode (approx. APS-C 16:9), without the need for pixel binning. This makes it possible to condense approximately 2.3 times the amount of data required for 4K movies, resulting in high-resolution, high-detail 4K with minimal moiré.
The camera now includes S-Cinetone which is the same colour matrix from FX6 colour and skin tones. Based on technology acquired through development of Cinema Line cameras S-Cinetone renders natural mid-tones for healthy-looking skin colour, with soft colours and beautiful highlights.
A newly developed heat dissipating structure in the a7 IV keeps temperatures within their normal operating range, preventing overheating while maintaining compact body dimensions.
Independent stills and movie controls
Shooting settings now change according to the selected shooting mode, with a record button on the camera’s top panel, new control dial and new menu system.. This can be an advantage when you want to use different aperture, shutter speed, and other settings for shooting stills and movies.
Fast USB Type-C and 1000BASE-T connections
A USB Type-C connector supports fast SuperSpeed USB data transfer. This makes high-speed PC Remote data transfer available for smooth handling of large image files.
HEIF with excellent image quality
In addition to a range of RAW and JPEG formats, the a7 IV includes the HEIF (High Efficiency Image File) format for smooth 10-bit gradations that provide more realistic reproduction of skies and portrait subjects where subtle, natural gradation is essential. The advanced compression technology used by the HEIF format also maintains image quality that is on a par with the best JPEGs, with approximately twice the compression.
CFexpress Type A and UHS-II SD card slots
Two media slots support high speed CFexpress Type A and UHS-II SD cards. These provide higher overall capacity and faster read/write speeds. CFexpress Type A cards are ideally suited to high-speed continuous still shooting as well as high-resolution, high-bitrate movie recording. Recorded stills and movies can be saved to the memory media in numerous ways, to match a wide range of applications and needs.
Comprehensive touch control
A revised menu structure has been added which provides easier navigation and touch-responsive menu operation with more intuitive control. Even more intuitive control is provided by Touch Focus and Touch Tracking so all you have to do is touch a subject on the monitor to initiate Real-time Tracking for that subject.
High-capacity Z-series Battery
Shoot up to 610 stills per charge with this optimised camera.
You can read more and compare the new model against the previous one in our Sony a7 IV vs a7 III blog here.
What’s in the box
- Sony a7 IV Full Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS kit lens
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 3.2)
- Lens hood
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Hoya NX-10 UV filter - protect the front element and reduce the effects of ultraviolet light
- Hoya NX-10 Circular Polarising filter - a great option for capturing outdoor scenes without glare and reflections as well as enhancing blue skies.
- B+W 55mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND Filter MRC Nano - variable ND filter for capturing movies and stills and controlling shutter speed while compensating for brighter light.
- 160GB Type A CFexpress card - high speed, high capacity Sony Tough memory card
- 80GB Type A CFexpress card - high speed Sony Tough memory card
- Sony Z battery NP-FZ100?
- ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone - an integrated Digital Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe mic with no cables or batteries required
- HVL-F32M External Flash high power Digital Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe flashgun with no cables or batteries required
- XLR Adaptor Kit XLR-K3M - Digital audio with x2 Phantom-power capable XLR/TRS inputs
FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens. Exposure: 1/1600 sec. f/2. ISO 200
FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens. Exposure: 1/125 sec. f/1.2. ISO 1000
|Trade In||Like New Offer||You Could Pay|
|Sony a7 III||£910.00||£1,489.00|
|Sony a7 II||£510.00||£1,889.00|
|Body type||SLR-style mirrorless|
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Max resolution||7008 x 4672|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||33 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||33 megapixels|
|Sensor size||Full frame (35.6 x 23.8 mm)|
|Color space||sRGB, Adobe RGB, BT.2020|
|Color filter array||Primary color filter|
|ISO||Auto, 80-102400 (expands to 40-409600)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||50|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||409600|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|Image stabilization notes||5-axis|
|CIPA image stabilization rating||5.5 stop(s)|
|JPEG quality levels||Extra fine, fine, normal|
|File format||JPEG (Exif v2.32), HEIF, Raw (ARW 4.0)|
|Optics & Focus|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes|
|Number of focus points||759|
|Lens mount||Sony E|
|Focal length multiplier||1×|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Articulated LCD||Fully articulated|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/8000 sec|
|External flash||Yes (Multi-interface shoe)|
|Flash X sync speed||1/250 sec|
|Continuous drive||10.0 fps|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±5 (3, 5 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Format||MPEG-4, XAVC S, XAVC HS, XAVC S-I, H.264, H.265|
|Modes||3840 x 2160 @ 120p / 280 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 100p / 280 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 60p / 200 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 50p / 200 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 30p / 140 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 25p / 140 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 24p / 100 Mbps, XAVC HS, MP4, H.265, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 60p / 600 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 50p / 500 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 30p / 300 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 25p / 250 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 24p / 240 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 120p / 280 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 100p / 280 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 60p / 200 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 50p / 200 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 30p / 140 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 25p / 140 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|3840 x 2160 @ 24p / 100 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 60p / 222 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 50p / 185 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 30p / 111 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 25p / 93 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 24p / 89 Mbps, XAVC S-I, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 120p / 100 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 100p / 100 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 60p / 50 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 50p / 50 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 25p / 50 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|1920 x 1080 @ 24p / 50 Mbps, XAVC S, MP4, H.264, Linear PCM|
|Storage types||Dual SD/CFexpress Type A slots|
|USB||USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 GBit/sec)|
|USB charging||Yes (USB PD supported)|
|Wireless notes||802.11ac (dual band) + Bluetooth|
|Remote control||Yes (wireless or smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-FZ100 lithium-ion battery charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||600|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||699 g (1.54 lb / 24.66 oz)|
|Dimensions||129 x 97 x 81 mm (5.08 x 3.82 x 3.19″)|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Sony a7 IV|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 580|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 10.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 33|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: Yes|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 659|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100-51200 (expands to 50-204800)|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, normal|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 759|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Bionz XR|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 1036800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 34.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 3686400|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
This kit has been created by Sony to offer newcomers to their mirrorless system who may be upgrading from a compact camera or from another brand with a cost-effective yet incredibly capable lens kit. You get a versatile, lightweight and strong performing 28-70mm variable aperture lens that can be trained on anything from portraits, landscapes, street scenes and movies to everyday shots, along with Sony’s most capable hybrid camera in the a7-series line-up. The camera body has been updated to offer the very latest technology which is available from Sony, even taking elements from their flagship Alpha 1 and a7S III models.
Whether you are new to Sony systems or well versed with their gear the updated touch menus, touch tracking and new controls make for a faster, easier and overall more enjoyable shooting experience. Shooting in both stills or video modes is extremely intuitive with the camera and lens keeping up with fast paced action through to capturing stunning portraits or landscapes. Connectivity and controls are enhanced with camera control using the free Sony app as well as a high speed USB-C port, multi interface hotshoe and more. There’s never been a better time to jump into the Sony ecosystem which offers a wealth of E-mount camera lenses, accessories and much more to enhance your content creation.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.