Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Camera Body
This product has been discontinued.
Product Code: 4010971B
The advanced and versatile Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II body has a 20MP sensor with 4K video and image stabilisation, fully articulating screen and weather proofing all in compact mirrorless camera form.
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
- The 18fps continuous mode is groundbreaking in this category of camera
- Known for their 'tough' range of cameras - dustproof, splashproof and freezeproof protection can be found on the E-M1 Mark II!
- Combination of technologies for capturing high speed action - IS, FPS capability, fast-AF
- Impressive new battery life plus the ability to charge in under 2 hours is great!
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Digital Mirrorless Camera Summary
- 20.4MP Live MOS Micro Four-Thirds sensor
- Truepic VIII AF Processor
- High speed autofocus with 121 cross-type AF points
- 18fps in continuous mode.
- 50-Megapixel High Res Shot capability
- In-body 5-axis image Stabilisation
- 4K Video Capture at 30fps and 102Mbps bit-rate
- EVF with 6ms response rate, frame rate of 120fps
- Dual SD Card
- New improved battery with 40% greater performance
- High speed battery charging in 2 hours or under
- USB 3.0 Connectivity for high-speed image transfer to computers.
Compatible with a wide range of Micro Four-Thirds lenses.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Digital Mirrorless Camera Features in Detail
The predecessor OM-D flagship has already earned glowing assessments, and now the OM-D E-M1 Mark II elevates OM-D into the very top tier of the pro camera elite with the new ultra-fast Auto Focus system.
Key to this is the completely new on-chip, phase-detection AF system, based on a trinity of precision, tracking performance and real-time controls.
Precision derives from 121 all cross-type AF points and a high-speed algorithm powered by the new TruePic VIII AF processor.
Tracking uses a dedicated moving- subject algorithm to deliver reliable focus for sequential shooting at an amazing 18fps, while siangle AF delivers ground-breaking 60fps.
Several high-speed components combine to deliver effortless sequential shooting on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II. With an EVF that offers a response rate of barely 6 ms and a smooth frame rate of 120 fps, it's easy to keep up with fast-moving subjects.
In C-AF mode, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II reaches sequential speeds of 18 fps, which rises to 60 fps in S-AF mode, while the new PRO Capture Mode relieves OM-D owners of the shutter lag that afflicts some professional cameras.
With up to 14 frames taken even before the shutter release is fully depressed, it's virtually impossible not to capture the desired split-second shot, no matter how fast the subject moves.
Ultra-compact, portable design is another key strength of the OM-D E-M1 Mark II. Olympus is the first and only professional camera maker to provide a complete, pro-standard photography system, including lenses, that fits in a carry-on bag suitable for a standard aircraft.
Enhancing this go-anywhere flexibility is the rugged, splashproof, dustproof and freezeproof design. Despite its compact dimensions, the indented shape of the new OM-D makes it easier to grip firmly, especially with a telephoto lens attached.
An optional battery grip with matching controls as on the main body is great for portrait orientation and safe hold on the camera in all positions.
A number of improvements are designed to make work as straightforward as possible for the busy professional photographer. By popular demand, there are two SD slots with one being UHS-II-compatible.
There are multiple recording settings available for each card, e.g. saving RAW format to one card and JPG format to the other at the same time.
The new battery lasts nearly 40% longer, the charging time of 2 hours is roughly twice as quick as in the predecessor camera, and the battery charge can be displayed on the LCD as a percentage. For more details like overall battery condition, there is a separate status menu available. For high-speed data transfer, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II comes equipped with USB 3.0 Type-C connector.
Elite image quality
The true measure of any professional-grade camera is image quality, and here the new OM-D E-M1 Mark II lays down another marker for both stills and cinema-standard video footage that the competition will struggle to match.
Olympus developed the all-new TruePic VIII image processor and 20-Megapixel Live MOS sensor specifically for this camera, and it shows. By any measure, the optical potential is startling.
Thanks to enhanced pixel optics and double quad-core processing, the dynamic range has been significantly improved. The 50-Megapixel High Res Shot goes far beyond the potential of full-frame cameras, with blur as good as eliminated by a combination of the TruePic VIII and a new, enhanced version of Olympus' celebrated on-sensor 5-axis image Stabilization.
The 5-axis mechanism which has been re-designed exclusively for OM-D E-M1 Mark II now compensates the equivalent of up to 6.5 steps at a focal length of 100mm (with the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm 1:4.0 PRO lens).
This revolutionary IS system is now the perfect match for OM-D E-M1 Mark II's video capabilities in radiant, ultra high-definition 4K at 30fps rate and 102 Mbps bit rate.
Movie enthusiasts will also welcome the addition of the 24p frame rate and a 237 Mbps bit rate to the OM-D repertoire, which means footage can be shown in the authentic widescreen C4K format.
Firmware Update Version 2.0
- New art filter [Bleach Bypass] has been added.
- Possible to use focus stacking photography with "M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO".
- Small targets have been added to AF target mode.
- Possible to set a maximum of 35 pre-shutter frames for Pro Capture shooting.
- Display has been improved to show that Pro Capture shooting is recording.
- "Flicker Scan" has been added so it is possible to reduce flickering by fine adjustiment of shutter speed while looking at the live view when using electronic shutter.
- Fisheye compensation photography has been added for use of M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO. You can view the effects in live view while shooting images.
- Possible to set zoom ratio during playback. Also, added pixel equivalence display to zoom ratio.
- Pro Capture shooting is available for additional lenses.
- Display of remaining battery power has been improved.
- Response when assigning AF to AEL/AFL button has been improved.
- Stability of camera operation when using OLYMPUS Capture has been improved.
- Stability of image stabilizer operation when shooting video has been improved.
- Performance of C-AF when shooting still images has been improved.
- Color reproduction of photographed images has been improved.
- Stability of operation when shooting still images has been improved.
- Corrected issue of autofocus (AF) function not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. (H-ES200)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic.
- Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDHC 300MB/s UHS-II SD card
- Olympus FL-900R Wireless Flash
- Olympus BLH‑1 Lithium‑Ion Battery
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Camera Body Specifications
Micro 4/3'' Live MOS sensor
ISO LOW ‑ 25600
121 points / cross‑type phase detection AF
7.6cm / 3.0’' Vari‑angle LCD ‑ Touch Panel 1037K dots
Electronic Viewfinder 2.360K dots
SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS‑I, UHS‑II compatible) Class 10 or higher
Width 134.1mm x Height 90.9mm x Depth 68.9mm
574g (including battery and memory card)
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II follows on from a camera launched in 2013, meaning in the fast-moving world of photographic advancement, there was a lot of scope for improving upon their flagship mirrorless.
Olympus haven't failed to impress with the list of key specs on the E-M1 Mark II and are showing that mirrorless cameras can be a more than viable contender for wildlife, sports and other photography where tracking faster subjects has been the mainstay of powerful DSLRs.
With 20.4 MP stills captured in RAW at 18 frames per second and a fast autofocus with a whopping 121 cross-type AF points, this camera can more than handle the pace.
One thing that Mirrorless cameras have tended to beat their chunkier siblings, the DSLR on in the specs war is on-board image stabilisation. The OM-D E-M1 Mark II makes good use of the technology Olympus have become reknowned for, and this will make a fine partner for the excellent Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 300MM F/4.0 IS Pro lens which has clearly been made knowing the OM-D E-M1 Mark II was on the way. Handheld telephoto photography just got a whole lot easier!
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.