DJI RS 3 Pro Combo Gimbal Stabiliser
The DJI RS 3 Pro Combo is the ultimate professional gimbal stabiliser kit, adding the 2022 Focus Motor with all mounts and gear strips, a Ronin Image Transmitter and a host of other video accessories.
- RS 3 Pro Combo adds a 2022 focus motor and several accessories for the ultimate professional stabilisation rig
- Enhanced features deliver quicker than ever shooting after start-up including automated axes locks and improved QR plate
- Third generation stabilisation shows up to 20% more stability, whilst several know controls make single-handed shooting easy
- Pair with your camera for wireless operation directly from the gimbal, or control remotely using DJI app
- New instant mode switch, new full-colour OLED touchscreen control and more in a sleek carbon fibre design
DJI RS 3 Pro Combo Summary
Building on the latest generation DJI RS 3 Pro, this DJI RS 3 Pro Combo adds a focus motor, a Ronin Image Transmitter and other essential accessories for the ultimate in professional stabilisation. The 2022 focus motor adds up to 3x stronger torque while a series of upgrades put the DJI RS 3 Pro Combo at the pinnacle of gimbal stabiliser technology for professional video creators.
The third generation gimbal features excellent weight-to-payload supports up to 4.5 kg despite weighing just 1.5 kg, ideal for heavier cinema cameras and professional-grade stabilisation whether you’re a solo shooter or in a crew. Extended carbon fibre axis arms provide more balancing space for video cameras like the Sony FX6 or Canon C70 with a pro 24-70mm f/2.8 lens mounted. The design has also been updated with a new QR plate for extra stable camera mounting, while a fine-tuning knob is added for the tilt axis to move the camera precisely by the millimetre. Automated axes locks make it quicker to shoot within seconds of start-up and you can control your video camera wirelessly after pairing through dual-mode Bluetooth technology. DJI also added several new features including a 28% larger built-in 1.8-inch OLED full-colour touchscreen, new Gimbal Mode Switch and 20% increased stability from the 3rd generation stabilisation algorithms.
- Includes several accessories such as the 2022 focus motor, rod mount kit combo and more
- More secure camera mounting with new Extended Lower Quick-Release Plate
- Automated axis locks to shoot within seconds of start-up
- Wireless shutter control
- 20% improved stability and high weight-to-payload ratio up to 4.5kg loads
- SuperSmooth mode for longer lenses and fast moving action
- New 1.8" OLED colour touchscreen control
- New instant mode switch
- Customisable front dial
- Extensive expandability
DJI RS 3 Pro Combo in More Detail
Pro combo included accessories
The DJI Pro Combo gimbal includes several accessories designed for professional videography, which includes the following over the base model:
- Lower Quick-Release Plate (Extended)
- Phone Holder
- Focus Motor (2022) – 3x stronger torque and 50% lower noise
- Focus Motor Rod Mount Kit Combo
- Focus Gear Strip
- Ronin Image Transmitter
- USB-C Power Cable (20 cm)
- Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable (20 cm)
- Mini-HDMI to Mini-HDMI Cable (20 cm)
- Mini-HDMI to Micro-HDMI Cable (20 cm)
- Lens-Fastening Strap
- Hook-and-Loop Strap
Up to 4.5kg Payloads
DJI’s RS 3 Pro gimbal uses extended carbon fibre axis arms with more balancing space for professional cameras to expand creative possibilities.
The new Extended Lower Quick-Release Plate delivers more stable camera mounting and is also convenient for installing lens support.
A fine-tuning knob has been added for the tilt axis to move the camera forward or backward more precisely, right down to the millimetre. With Teflon®-coated components, the DJI RS 3 Pro can be balanced with less friction and lower resistance, even when you’re mounting heavier cinema cameras.
Automated Axis Locks
Never miss a shot by simply pressing and holding the power button so the three axes unlock and expand automatically, allowing you to start shooting within seconds. Press the power button once, and the axes automatically lock and enter sleep mode, making company move significantly more efficient. Press and hold the power button and it will fold and lock automatically.
The optimised structural design of the RS 3 Pro ensures its weight remains the same as previous RS 2 – at just 1.5 kg including the battery grip and dual-layered quick-release plates. Despite this its load capacity is a robust 4.5 kg, delivering powerful support in a lightweight body with great weight-to-load ratio.
Wireless Shutter Control
Dual-Mode Bluetooth technology achieves efficient and reliable wireless shutter control. After initial Bluetooth pairing you can control video and photo shots by pressing the record button on the stabiliser. A previously paired camera will automatically reconnect, which saves time with every following use after initial pairing.
Instant Mode Switch
The new Gimbal Mode Switch lets you alternate between Pan follow, Pan and Tilt follow, and FPV modes with just a slide. The FPV mode is also customisable to 3D Roll 360, Portrait, or Custom to get started quickly.
New large colour touchscreen
A built-in 1.8-inch OLED full-colour touchscreen increases screen size by 28% compared to the previous generation, making it incredibly convenient for setting parameters, checking shooting status and framing your subjects. With the redesigned user interface every setting is now more intuitive and precise. The OLED screen offers high brightness for better viewing outdoors with lower power consumption.
The RS 3 Pro arms are made from layered sheets of uncut carbon fibre, making it lighter and stronger than the jointed carbon fibre material used on RS 2. This increases stiffness and reduces weight for even more demanding shooting.
Next Evolution of RS Stabilisation
The third generation RS stabilisation algorithms power the RS 3 Pro. This provides significantly enhanced stability in any situation. Laboratory data shows this generation Pro provides a 20% increase in stability over previous models, making it easier than ever to manage low-shooting angles, running with your camera or switching between high and low positions.
SuperSmooth mode delivers even smoother results with increased motor torque to further enhance stabilisation. This delivers stable footage even in fast-moving scenes or when 100mm-equivalent focal width lenses are mounted on your camera.
Pro Focusing with LiDAR Assistance
Ronin 4D’s LiDAR focusing technology is applied to RS 3 Pro. The new LiDAR Range Finder (RS) can project 43,200 ranging points within a 14-meter distance, to make focusing easier.
It also features a built-in camera with an equivalent focal length of 30 mm and a wide FOV of 70°, catering to the focusing needs of most applications.
The LiDAR focusing system does not need to rely on surface texture of the subject, improving over conventional focusing technology. This is especially useful in low-light situations or when shooting complicated scenes with multiple subjects, delivering exceptionally stable focus.
In Wide Mode the range finder automatically detects the subject and follows focus. In Spot Mode, users can manually frame or tap the subject to focus.
Completely New Focus Motor
The next-generation DJI RS Focus Motor 2022 provides torque three times stronger (up to 1 Nm) and audible noise is reduced by 50%. This delivers a smoother focusing experience and reduces the effect on audio recording. It also adopts a quick-release structure, allowing it to be assembled easily without any tools for faster use. You also get the Focus Motor Rod Mount Kit, Focus Gear Strip and Lens-Fastening Strap, with the combo.
Pairing the LiDAR Range Finder with the new Focus Motor makes cinematic autofocus on manual lenses possible, by pressing the M button on the gimbal once to quickly switch between manual focus and autofocus.
After the calibration of manual lenses, several lens calibration profiles can be stored in the focus motor, so there is no need to re-calibrate before ensuing uses. Certain cinema lenses can even directly connect to the focus motor for autofocus with no need for calibration.
Users can also directly connect the LiDAR Range Finder and focus motor to the camera and operate independently from the gimbal, enabling autofocus on manual lenses as well with an external battery.
Tracking on the Ronin series has never been more accurate or responsive with next-generation ActiveTrack Pro. This can directly read images from the camera built into the LiDAR Range Finder, with no need for the Ronin Image Transmitter (previously known as the Ronin RavenEye Image Transmitter). The LiDAR Range Finder also carries a self-developed chip identical to the one used by Ronin 4D, which boosts the computing power of ActiveTrack Pro by more than 60 times compared to ActiveTrack 3.0 on the Ronin Image Transmitter.
When using ActiveTrack Pro, you can directly monitor or frame the subject on the RS 3 Pro’s OLED touchscreen. The live feed latency is reduced to just 40 ms, 60% lower than that of the Ronin Image Transmitter, allowing for swift tracking, even when the subject is moving fast. With a neural network accelerator, it can identify and track targets, even when they are numerous and at a distance.
Pro-Grade Video Transmission
The DJI RS 3 Pro can be paired with the new DJI Transmission, for a customised shooting solution. The DJI Video Transmitter can be powered directly by RS 3 Pro and mounts conveniently on the bottom via the cold shoe without needing an additional battery. This makes it lighter for handheld use.
O3 Pro Video Transmission supports a 6km video and audio transmission range with ultra-low latency, as well as automatic frequency hopping between 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, and DFS bands. This provides crews with an impressively stable and interference-free remote monitoring experience.
The DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor supports 1080p/60fps live feeds and one transmitter with multiple receivers. In Control mode, two receivers can be used at the same time to collaboratively control RS 3 Pro’s gimbal, focus, and camera parameters for an integrated reception, monitoring, and control experience.
Pro-Grade Seamless Wireless Control
The High-Bright Remote Monitor can be used with Ronin 4D Hand Grips, DJI Master Wheels, or DJI Force Pro to control the gimbal and focus precisely.
It is also equipped with a built-in gyroscopic sensor that can turn the remote monitor into a standalone motion controller for RS 3 Pro without additional accessories to achieve more complex camera movements from a moving vehicle or with a jib.
When the RS 3 Pro is mounted to carriers like a jib, cable cam, or a vehicle suction cup mount, Mirror Control mode unlocks seamless wireless control from anywhere on set. This mode allows direct control of the core menu operations for Sony mirrorless cameras via a remote monitor, all without having to detach your camera.
- Only available with combo purchase.
- Check the camera compatibility list for detailed information on supported camera models.
- Required for use with the LiDAR Range Finder (RS) or Ronin Image Transmitter.
- Tested in an environment without bright lights. During normal shooting conditions, the detection distance of human subjects is 7 meters.
- Check the spec sheet for detailed information on supported camera models.
- Calibration of manual lenses is still required when using with RS 3 Pro.
- Only applicable in bright environments with subjects that have distinguishable characteristics and/or surface textures.
- Measured in Control mode with FCC compliance in a standard, interference-free environment.
- The High-Bright Remote Monitor, Ronin 4D Hand Grips, DJI Master Wheels, and DJI Force Pro are all sold separately.
- Available through a combo purchase or separate purchase.
What’s in the box
- DJI RS 3 Gimbal x1
- Carrying Case x1
- BG30 Grip x1
- USB-C Charging Cable (40 cm) x1
- Lens-Fastening Support (Extended) x1
- Extended Grip/Tripod (Metal) x1
- Quick-Release Plate (Arca-Swiss/Manfrotto) x1
- Briefcase Handle x1
- Lower Quick-Release Plate (Extended) x1
- Phone Holder x1
- Focus Motor (2022) x1
- Focus Motor Rod Mount Kit Combo x1
- Focus Gear Strip x1
- Ronin Image Transmitter x1
- USB-C Power Cable (20 cm) x1
- Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable (20 cm) x1
- Mini-HDMI to Mini-HDMI Cable (20 cm) x1
- Mini-HDMI to Micro-HDMI Cable (20 cm) x1
- Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C, 30 cm) x2
- Lens-Fastening Strap x1
- Hook-and-Loop Strap x2
- Screw Kit x1
DJI combined the latest generation RS 3 Pro gimbal with several accessories in this Combo kit, making the most accomplished Ronin-series stabiliser ever from DJI. Whether you are a solo filmmaker or work in a production crew, the RS 3 Pro combo covers all the bases with the 2022 Focus Motor, a Lower Quick-Release Plate (Extended), Phone Holder and numerous other pro-grade accessories from the large ecosystem.
The gimbal itself has been completely overhauled to bring several new features, which deliver impressive capabilities for videographers using cinema equipment which can weigh up to the maximum 4.5kg payload. These include automated axis locks for quick shooting after starting-up the gimbal, more secure camera mount and a new instant mode switch. There’s also a brand-new colour touchscreen with an updated interface and you can pair cameras with the gimbal via bluetooth and wirelessly control certain functions.
Stability has been enhanced with third generation algorithms and a SuperSmooth mode delivers impressive stabilisation when following fast moving action or when using longer lenses.
The DJI RS 3 Pro Combo is not only a valuable upgrade for those using the previous generation gimbal, but it also makes an enticing proposition for anyone new to professional stabilisation, helping take your production value to the next level.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.