Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera With EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Lens Kit
Achieve near DSLR performance without the bulk, with the Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera and the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens in a kit that suits professionals and enthusiasts alike.
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus technology for fast & accurate focusing
- New 24.2MP APS-C sensor delivers high quality imagery
- Stable and smooth video from the 5-axis digital image stabilisation
- Never miss a moment with 7 frames per second continuous shooting
- Shoot Full 1080p HD movies in superb detail at 60 frames per second
Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera With EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit Features
Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera
- Brand new 24.2MP APS-C sized sensor
- Gapless high density phase difference
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus technology
- 3.2" 1.6million dot LCD touch screen
- Tilting LCD screen
- Touch and drag autofocus on touch screen
- DIGIC 7 Processor (14x faster than the DIGIC 6)
- ISO up to 25,600 for improved low light performance
- 7fps shooting for up to 5.3 seconds
- 5-axis Image Stabilisation
- Time Lapse Movie mode
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Full HD movie mode up to 60p
- Hotshoe for flash and accessory use
- Fully polycarbonate for the same look and feel as an EOS DSLR
- APS-C sized EF-M Mount
- Compact and versatile zoom lens
- Ideal for stills and movies
- Capture dramatic landscapes, beautiful portraits and faced paced action
- Perfect companion to EOS M users
- Wide-angle zoom lens
- Smooth, quiet focusing thanks to STM stepping-motor technology
- Dynamic Image Stabilisation
- 3.5 Stop Image Stabiliser
Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera Features In Detail
While it shares the same number of megapixels as the EOS M3, the sensor in the EOS M5 is a brand new 24.2 MP APS-C sized CMOS sensor, which shares and similar technology to the one found in the EOS 80D. With an aspect ratio of 3:2 and a built in low-pass filter, it also benefits from Canon's EOS integrated cleaning system.
If the camera's sensor is its eyes, the processor is its brain. The M5 uses the DIGIC 7 processor, which is 14 times faster than the DIGIC 6. This will improve the bracketing speed, as well as meaning the M5 is capable of an impressive 7 frames per second shooting speed the same as the 5D Mark IV for up to 5.3 seconds.
The EOS M5 has a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with phase detection built into the imaging sensor, this delivers DSLR level autofocus speeds and ensures precision tracking during sustained 7 frames per second shooting.
Additionally, the M5 utilises face and subject tracking via automatic recognition or manual selection via touchscreen.
With most modern cameras now offering a selection of wireless technologies and connectivity options, the EOS M5 is no exception. It supports Wi-Fi with Dynamic NFC support and advanced low energy Bluetooth. It also supports an HDMI connection and an external microphone via a 3.5mm jack.
This variety of connectivity means the M5 can be triggered via a phone acting as a remote and will automatically back-up images to cloud services, your computer, or smart device using Image Sync.
LCD Touchscreen & EVF
A nod to the M5's DSLR-like capabilities, is the 3.2" ClearView II touchscreen LCD with approximately 1,620k dots.
It's also tiltable up to 85 degrees up and 180 degrees down, showing that it is designed for and capable of shooting away from the eye, at waist level or from other angles.
This is almost the same screen that features in the 5D Mark IV (with the addition of tilt). It can be used to focus in Live View mode, and the focus point can even be dragged to adjust the focus right from the touchscreen.
Alongside the face detection feature, the touchscreen opens the M5 up to a whole host of shooting capabilities.
A high definition centrally positioned Electronic viewfinder with a very impressive 2,360k dot OLED screen ensures 100% coverage, further adding to the argument for electronic viewfinders by replicating the view an optical one can provide.
The Canon M5 shoots full HD cinematic movies at 60fps. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers precision tracking and combined with touch autofocus enables dramatic focus transitions. The in-camera 5-axis stabilisation system ensures steady footage even when using non-IS lenses.
Where the M5 blurs the lines between mirrorless cameras and DSLR cameras is in its build quality.
Canon's M5 is formed of a fully polycarbonate body, which alongside the reconfiguration of the dials, the slightly large grip, and the pentaprism-like electronic viewfinder module on top make the M5 reminiscent of an EOS DSLR, welcoming it warmly into the EOS family.
Canon EOS M5 Optional Accessories
- Canon EH29-CJ EOS M5 Brown Leather Body Jacket
- Canon EH29-CJ EOS M5 Black Leather Body Jacket
- Canon EM-300DB EOS M5 Nylon Neck Strap
- Canon EM-E2 Brown Leather Neck Strap
- Canon EM-E2 Black Leather Neck Strap
- Canon mirrorless Lenses
- All EF and EF-S Lenses via the mount adapter EF-EOS M
- Canon Speedlite Flashes
- Canon Macrolite Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II
- Canon RS-60E3 Remote Switch
- Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Control
- Canon RC-6 Remote Control
- Canon IFC-600PCU Interface Cable
What else is included in the box?
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Canon EOS M5|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 295|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 9.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): 5.00 m (ISO 100)|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.60|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 89|
|Length (mm): 61|
|Width (mm): 116|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 427|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 25600|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 49|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC 7|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 26.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Compact, stylish and high performing, we think you'll be amazed by the capacity of this mini mirrorless camera from Canon.
At 7fps you'll never miss that all important decisive moment, and with 5 axis image stabilisation, this camera truly is filled with features that work hard behind the scenes without you noticing.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.