Sony ZV-E1 Camera with 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens Kit
The Sony ZV-E1 Camera with 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens Kit combines the world's smallest full-frame camera and lens into a powerful vlog kit for creators, with 4K/60p movies, a dedicated AI focus processor and much more.
- World’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera body (with stabilisation) and zoom lens combined into a powerful vlog kit
- Cutting edge camera technology with a versatile zoom lens help capture sharp, smooth and dynamic content for your audience
- Powerful new features for creators include a dedicated AI-drive processor, auto framing and customisable focusing
- Capture cinematic 4K/60p without pixel binning in 10-bit 4:2:2 along with 4K/120p and Full HD/240p coming soon
- Camera combines mirrorless and cinema-line technology with ultra-fast processing, S-Log 3, assignable LUTs and more
Sony ZV-E1 Camera with 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens Kit Summary
This kit combines the recently released Sony ZV-E1 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with the Sony FE 28-60mm F/4-5.6 Zoom Lens, pairing the world’s smallest full-frame body and lens together. The zoom covers a wide to standard focal width, which is ideal for creating content and vlogs on-the-go, in the studio and while traveling.
The camera body combines the latest tech from Sony’s mirrorless camera range and pro cinema cameras, for one of the most advanced tools for creating engaging content for your audience. It pairs the Exmor R CMOS sensor which benefits from fast readout speeds with the latest BIONZ XR processor, both of which are found in flagship cameras like the A7S III and FX30 Cinema Line Camera.
On top of this, Sony has added a dedicated AI processor first seen in the A7R V, which significantly improves AF, as well as introducing new features to help you capture the best content, more easily. You can record cinematic quality 4K/60p video in 10-bit 4:2:2 using S-Cinetone / S-Log 3 with assignable LUTs for accurate colours and 15+ stops of dynamic range.
The camera also features easy-to-use cinematic vlog settings and customisable focusing, auto framing and the internal 3-capsule mic has been upgraded with adjustable audio directivity.
Key Sony ZV-E1 Features
- 12.1-megapixel Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- High-speed BIONZ XR processor
- Cinematic quality in 4K/60p without pixel binning in 10-bit 4:2:2
- S-Cinetone / S-Log 3 with assignable LUTs, 15+ stops of dynamic range
- Firmware June 2023 introduces 4K/120p (with 10% crop) and Full HD/240p in S&Q
- Single touch cinematic vlog setting and customisable focus performance
- Dedicated AI processing unit for improved subject detection
- AI powered Auto Framing feature for video recording
- Stable vlogging with Active and Dynamic Active image stabilisation
- Up to 2x digital zooming in Full HD and 1.5x in 4K with Clear Image Zoom
- Upgraded 3-Capsule Mic for changing directivity with front, rear and all direction audio
- Updated ergonomics include a Tally Lamp, Red REC button, S&Q switch, Vari-angle LCD and REC display with red border
- Inputs include 3.5mm audio, headphone socket. Micro HDMI, USB-C and Single SD card slot
Key Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Lens Features
- Compact, lightweight full-frame zoom lens weighing just 167g
- Great choice for everyday snaps, travel and vlogging
- Delivers high optical performance
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.3m (wide) and 0.45m (telephoto)
- Fast AF using linear-motor compatible with Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- Dust and moisture resistant
Sony ZV-E1 Camera with 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens Kit in More Detail
Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens
The ultra compact Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 lens included in this kit combines advanced optics with Sony’s advanced engineering in order to create an incredibly small and light full-frame zoom. The compact size and focal width are perfect for vlogging, travel and studio work, weighing just 167g and measuring 66.6 x 45 mm for ultimate portability.
Despite its size the lens houses three aspherical elements, which are capable of rendering superb resolution across the frame, along with a fast, near silent linear AF motor and a dust and moisture resistant design.
A close minimum focus distance is perfect for vlogging or capturing close-ups of anything from food shots to make-up tutorials, ensuring whichever content you create this compact zoom will get the job done.
Sony ZV-E1 Vlog Camera with the latest sensor and processor
At the core of the ZV-E1 is a full-frame 12.1-megapixel back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor, which is combined with the powerful BIONZ XR image processor. These deliver fast readout speeds and superb low light performance with a native ISO range of 80-102,400, with the processor measured to provide 8x greater processing performance than its predecessor.
Exmor R sensors position the wiring and photodiodes opposite to regular sensors, which reduces light obstruction from the wiring layer and allows smaller sensors to have higher resolutions without decreasing light sensitivity. The result is a camera which excels at low light shooting, comparable to class-leading Sony cameras.
World’s smallest and lightest full-frame body with stabilisation
On-the-go content creation has never been so easy with a camera which measures just 72mm wide x 54mm deep (and weighs 399g), which is even smaller than the A7C. Despite these compact dimensions you can experience the full force of technology available to Sony, with active and dynamic stabilisation, 5-axis IBIS, focus breathing compatibility and much more This ensures you can bring the camera to any location with any lens and accessory whilst still remaining as lightweight and portable as possible.
Capture cinematic videos
Capturing your audiences imagination takes creativity and high-quality vlogs, which the ZV-E1 delivers through 4K recording without pixel binning. This can be captured as fast as 4K/60p in 10-bit 4:2:2 All-Intra rendering, which is set to rise to 4K/120p (with 10% crop) and Full HD/240p using S&Q, following a firmware update due July 2023.
Sony has also added the ability to record in S-Cinetone / S-Log 3 with assignable LUTs which results in 15+ stops of dynamic range and endless latitude for colour grading during post production.
Single touch cinematic settings
The premium movie theme continues with the addition of ’Cinematic Vlog Setting’ presets, which includes five looks and four S-Cinetone moods (auto, gold, ocean and forest), that can be activated with ease. These automatically adjust settings such as saturation, contrast and more through:
- Cinematic – which adjusts the aspect ratio, frame rate, S-Cinetone look and AF transmission speed
These are available by simply tapping the corresponding selection on the LCD screen to render instant mood changes to suit every moment.
The ZV-E1 offers the ability to set focus performance with focus breathing compensation, focus mapping and AF assist features. These allow you to take control over AF transition speed and subject shift sensitivity to achieve the look you want for every movie.
Subject recognition powered by AI
Sony has significantly improved subject detection, which is now powered by AI with evolved AF and Real Time tracking, which includes Face, Face / Eyes and Human pose estimation. A dedicated AI processing unit developed for the flagship high resolution A7R V camera is utilised, which recognises humans with human pose estimation, by using deep learning.
This helps achieve incredibly accurate AF through Nose, Eye, Ear, Neck, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knee and Ankle subject detection, ensuring your subject is sharp whichever direction they move or look, even if the face is covered. Aside from humans the camera also recognises birds, cars and trains, airplanes and insects so you can capture a huge range of subjects more confidently.
Auto framing for movies with framing stabiliser
Thanks to the new AI processor the Sony ZV-E1 Camera recognises the position of your subject within the frame, in order to automatically crop around the body edges. The subject can be kept in a fixed position in the frame, even when you’re walking alongside and moving erratically.
The Auto Framing feature automatically crops the fame to keep your subject in the prominent position for an entirely new shooting experience which leaves you free to focus on content. This is ideal is diverse situations such as for interviews, music concerts and performances, as well as cooking vlogs and much more. Simply tap on the subject on the LCD screen and Auto Framing begins, or it can be set to start as soon as the subject is recognised, and after a certain duration.
These new AI-driven features can also be customised through crop level, framing tracking speed and sensitivity to get the perfect style for your video. Multiple face recognition is another new feature made for content creation. This automatically adjusts bokeh and focus when larger bokeh is not needed, by stopping the aperture automatically to achieve greater or shallower depth of field.
When recording with an external video recorder over HDMI the ZV-E1 is even able to record two types of images at the same time, with and without cropping. This can be controlled on the LCD or with your connected device, for limitless control over your results.
Smoother movies with advanced image stabilisation
Nobody enjoys watching juddering videos and vlogs, and Sony has upgraded the stabilisation system in the ZV-E1 vlog camera to help you capture smooth, stable footage.
Dynamic active mode facilitates handheld shooting in a wider variety of situations, which is perfect for faster movements and casual run-and-gun shooting. Optical active mode has been upgraded to provide increased stabilisation in other situations and the camera is compatible with electronic image stabilisation which crops into the scene slightly.
S-Log profile with LUTs
The ability to import Lookup Tables (LUTs) when shooting movies ensures your footage is as professional looking as high-end Cinema cameras. LUTS can also provide a more accurate preview of how the final footage will look, which is especially useful when using an external monitor / recorder.
Upgraded 3-Capsule microphone
When vlogging and moviemaking sound often comes from different directions and Sony has upgraded the mic with selectable directivity which can be set to front, rear and all directions. This helps to capture dynamic, accurate and clear audio wherever your subject is positioned. Alternatively you can add your own external microphone to achieve the precise audio you want for your movies.
Improved menu navigation
The ZV-E1 introduces quick access intuitive operation with just the press of a button or a touch on the LCD screen with a new feature called ‘My Image Style’. This instantly changes settings such as background defocus, brightness, colour and the creative look by simply touching the icon.
Stills photography modes
Aside from excelling at video, the ZV-E1 is also a capable stills camera and hybrid creators are able to capture images in a variety of formats including HEIF and 14-bit RAW at 12.1 megapixels. Alongside advanced AF for video, 759 phase-detection AF points are used when capturing photos to help gain sharp results, and the camera is able to focus down to -3 EV for low light shooting.
Native ISO is a versatile ISO 80 - 102400 for a huge range of lighting conditions and the shutter speed is equally versatile at 1/8000 to 30 s. For faster moving subjects the ZV-E1 is able to shoot at up to 10 fps in Hi+ mode, with a buffer which captures over 1000 frames in RAW (Lossless Compressed). The Sony NP-FZ100 battery also provides impressive performance for stills and video, with a CIPA rated 570 shots.
Easy to use
Camera ergonomics are refined and updated across the body for easier, error-free vlogging and additional control. These include the positioning of the Tally Lamp, a Zoom Lever, large REC button and a toggle-through Stills / Movie and S&Q switch.
The bright vari-angle LCD screen also features a distinctive red border alerting you to live recording, which works perfectly when paired with the Sony GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip.
Versatile connectivity for creators
Camera connectivity includes:
- 3.5mm audio jack for a video microphone
- USB-C which supports power delivery
- An SD memory card slot
- Micro HDMI port (Type-D)
- Headphone jack
Seamless ways to share your content
The Sony ZV-E1 offers numerous ways to share your content and reach your audience. These include stable smartphone connectivity with full transfers and top-notch live streaming at 4K/30p and Full HD 60p UVC/UAC via a USB connection.
You can also access Creators Cloud, which adds cloud-based AI to your productions and is a great place to collaborate and share with other creators worldwide.
Add professional Sony lenses
Along with the included zoom you can make the most of a huge range of Sony mirrorless lenses, which complement every style of photography and videography. These include fast primes for low light content to dedicated cine lenses for advanced cinematography. Using native E mount lenses for video brings significant benefits, from focus and zoom to image stabilisation and iris control, as well as breathing compensation, but you can also choose from any number of third party lenses.
What’s in the box
- Sony ZV-E1 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens
- Shoulder strap
- Wind Screen
- Wind Screen Adaptor
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
|Offers: Free Gift|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Sony ZV-E1|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 570|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 12|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 72|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 121|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 483|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 80 - 102400 (expands to 40 - 409600)|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 102400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 409600|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 80|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 40|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 759|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ XR|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1036800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 13|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
It’s fitting that Sony has combined the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera, with the equally compact zoom lens in this kit. The result is a highly portable, cutting-edge mirrorless combo for content creators who shoot on-the-go or in the studio. The camera combines technology from Sony’s mirrorless and cinema-line series, which have been developed to help you create engaging content more easily.
The body is home to a back-illuminated sensor and powerful processor, which deliver fast readout speeds, incredible low light performance and advanced video capabilities. This allows you record cinematic 4K/60p without pixel binning in 10-bit 4:2:2, with 4K/120p is coming soon from a firmware update.
Not only does the camera support professional moviemaking, but new features help achieve consistently sharp focus with accurate subject tracking and automatic framing of the scene. These are made possible through the inclusion of a dedicated AI processor, which brings deep learning and innovative subject recognition to every level of content creator. Results are incredible, particularly when combined with new cinematic one-touch looks and moods, which render beautiful colours using Sony’s high dynamic range S-Cinetone.
You can take full control over styles, focusing, audio and other settings, or leave the camera to do the legwork, while you concentrate on the creative aspects of your content. The ZV-E1 Camera with 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Zoom Lens Kit helps take your videos to a whole new level with unique features designed to make your content stand out from the crowd. And with live-streaming over USB, smartphone control and simple content sharing you can also build your social relationships effortlessly.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.