- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera
This product is no longer available
The exclusive Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera in matt green features distinctive Kevlar Armouring with outstanding protection, deleted logo and class-leading weather resistance with a full frame sensor.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Stealthy looking limited edition Leica compact camera with distinctive Kevlar Armouring and matt green finish
- Full frame sensor with sharp detailed results for high resolution 47.3 MP stills and 4K videos
- Bright f/1.7 lens for best in class low light performance and versatile digital zoom up to 75mm
- Quick changes between auto and manual focusing and macro switch for close-focus distance of just 17 cm
- Crystal clear OLED viewfinder with 3.68 megapixels and class leading weather resistant structure
Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera Summary
This exclusive Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera with matt green finish on the camera housing features distinctive Kevlar Armouring for outstanding protection and fingerprint resistance. The signature logo has been removed and you’ll find class-leading weather resistance from this compact Leica camera with its 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor, destined to be owned by a minority of lucky photographers worldwide.
The Leica Q2 Reporter’s distinctive Kevlar protective armouring is the same material used in high-grade protective clothing. Kevlar® synthetic fibres are so highly spun that they are almost impossible to separate. This lends itself perfectly to a stealthy limited edition camera, as it offers not only excellent grip on the body, but is also resistant to chemical and thermal hazards. As a result, the Q2 Reporter camera offers outstanding protection, even when used in the harshest conditions. Over time, repeated handling will result in an even more pronounced and grippy texture providing a truly personalised camera.
- Limited edition Q2 Reporter model with Kevlar Armouring and fingerprint resistance
- 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor with built-in crop modes
- 4K 30fps movies with full-HD format with 120 fps
- Weather resistant IP52 protective sealing against dust and water
- Bright Leica Summilux 28 f/1.7 ASPH lens with digital zoom of up to 75 mm
- Close-focus distance down to just 17 cm
- New OLED viewfinder with 3.68 megapixels
- 10 frames per second burst shooting
- Premium quality materials and craftsmanship Made in Germany
- Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) for easier pairing with Leica FOTOS and a continuous connection
Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera in More Detail
Latest 47.3 mp sensor and extended digital zoom
The Leica Q2 Reporter features the same 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor from the Q2 that captures richly detailed photographs as well as 4K video in brilliant quality at ISO sensitivities up to 50,000. The combination of the Leica Summilux 28 f/1.7 ASPH lens which is the fastest in its class and high resolution extends the flexibility available for composition and enables you to choose subject framing corresponding to focal lengths of 28, 35, 50, and 75 mm thanks to a digital zoom. You can always preserve the original 47.3 megapixel resolution image from the full sensor in DNG raw format.
Class leading weather resistance
The Leica Q2 Reporter is the only camera in its class to feature IP52 protective sealing against dust and spray water aside from its Leica stablemates. This means that you can brave even unfavourable conditions with ease and shoot without concern, paying attention to the task of getting the perfect picture.
Bright f/1.7 lens
The fast maximum aperture of f/1.7 on the Summilux 28mm lens is ideal for capturing the world around you, with incredible sharpness on your subject and beautiful background blur. You can also achieve outstanding performance in even the most difficult lighting situations thanks to the class leading aperture. With a digital zoom of up to 75 mm, the Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition makes an excellent companion for street photography as well as architecture, landscapes, portraits and documentary.
An integrated macro mode dial on the lens reduces the close-focus distance down to just 17 cm to capture close-up shots with razor sharp results. A locking focus ring also delivers instantaneous switching between manual and auto focus modes for yet nice versatility.
New OLED High-Resolution EVF
The Leica Q2 Reporter features a newly developed high-resolution OLED viewfinder, which offers a lag-free high refresh rate and faster auto-switching between the rear display and EVF. The high resolution of 3.68 megapixels in the viewfinder provides the clearest vision of the user’s composition to perfectly and accurately frame subjects. OLED panels, known today for being utilised in the highest quality smartphone and TV screens on the market, are superior to LCDs as they control each pixel’s brightness independently – this yields a better colour depth and quality for a more pleasing experience every time the camera is raised to the user’s eye.
Speed + 4K Video
The autofocus system of the Leica Q2 Reporter focuses sharply on the subject within milliseconds, making it one of the fastest cameras in its class. Improvements to its new processor from the Maestro II family have enabled a high continuous burst shooting rate with an impressive 10 frames per second from the mechanical shutter, even at maximum resolution. The Leica Q2 Reporter adds 4K UHD and Cine4K video recording to its arsenal of features, with frame rate options across 4K and 1080p.
In combination with the Leica FOTOS App, the camera’s integrated Wi-Fi module makes it possible to quickly and easily share pictures and video via social media, and thanks to Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) a permanent connection can be established between camera and smartphone. Now users can even remotely wake the camera and connect any time when in range.
Refined Design and Improved Handling
The design of the Leica Q carries forward the Leica tradition of reduction to the essentials. The ‘Made in Germany’ seal of quality guarantees that only the finest and most resilient materials are employed in its construction. The distinctive thumb rest of the new Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition and the sophisticated diamond pattern of its leather trim ensure optimum grip and highlight the symbiosis of function and form. Also new is the camera’s uniquely intuitive handling concept, following refined design language cues established from its brethren in the Leica M10 and Leica CL families – such as the single-stage On/Off switch, simplified three-button interface on the rear of the camera and programmable button within the thumb wheel dial. A new highlight of the Leica Q2 Reporter layout is the push-button diopter compensation dial on the back of the camera that locks and prevents inadvertent changes to the user’s desired setting. Every refinement, both large and small, pushes Leica’s design forward without losing sight of the core philosophy of the camera.
A comprehensive range of optional accessories is also available for the Leica Q2 Reporter. These include matching camera protector cases and carrying straps in premium-quality classic black and brown leather. The elegant ‘Ettas’ line of soft, coated canvas pouches includes the Leica Ettas Bag in Khaki/Black, complementing this model perfectly.
The accessory selection also includes technical equipment for the Leica Q2 Reporter such as the Leica SF 40, SF 60 flash unit, the SF C1 remote flash control unit and an additional add-on thumb rest and handgrip. All accessories are functionally designed for easy handling, perfectly matching the quality and design of the camera and are manufactured from only the finest materials to ensure reliability for a lifetime of use.
- Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDHC Card 280MB/s UHS-II Class 10 U3 – this SD card delivers performance to keep pace with 10fps high resolution images and 4K video
- Leica BP-SCL4 Battery – get a spare Q2 battery and never miss a moment
- Leica Filter UVa II 49mm Filter Black – this provides both protection and cuts down the effects of ultraviolet light
- Choose from an E49 Green Filter, E49 Yellow Filter or the E49 Orange Filter for special effects
The Leica Q2 Reporter Limited Edition Camera joins extremely popular Q2 and Q2 Monochrom models with a unique design featuring Kevlar Armouring and matt green finish. Lucky users will have not only a distinctive looking camera, but also one which offers class-leading protection. The Kevlar grip is virtually indestructible, while the camera includes IP52 protective sealing against dust and spray water. This allows you to focus on the shot at hand, rather than worrying about any environmental conditions. Aside from these unique design features, the camera looks even more stealthy thanks to the removal of the front Leica logo.
A bright 28mm f/1.7 lens affords the opportunity to capture a wide range of subjects, made yet more versatile with the inclusion of a digital zoom function of up to 75mm. Add in the macro capabilities with close minimum focus down to just 17cm and one lens offers you a wealth of creative possibilities. Of course we also have a full frame sensor with high 47 megapixel count together with the ability to capture detailed 4K / 30fps movies and Full HD in 120fps for slow motion. You have to be quick to catch limited edition Leica’s, with the 007 Edition sold out and we expect this accomplished Reporter edition to quickly follow suit.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.