Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens Nikon F
Constructed with 17 elements (including 2 XR & 3 LD) the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 G2 lens in Nikon F-mount is a true workhorse, capable of capturing high quality images with high contrast and fine detail.
eBAND Coating for clear, vivid images
Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows hand-held shooting in low light
Superb image quality with edge to edge sharpness and clarity
Fast, accurate focusing with full-time manual focusing
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens - Nikon Fit Summary
- 24-70mm f/2.8 lens suitable for Full-Frame Nikon DSLRs
- Versatile Nikon F-mount lens for wide-angle to short telephoto focal range
- Dual Micro-Processing Unit for fast and precise Autofocus
- eBand coating to minimise flare and ghosting
- 17 lens elements in 12 groups
- 9 circular diaphragm aperture blades
- Filter thread: 82mm
- Compatible with the Tamron Tap-In console for VC and AF adjustments, as well as firmware updates for the lens
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Nikon Fit Lens in Detail
Sophisticated design delivers superb performance and ultra-high image quality
The use of specialised, high quality glass materials assures accurate color reproduction and superior sharpness, perfect for today's high-pixel-density cameras.
Optical construction (17 elements in 12 groups) uses 2 XR (Extra Refractive Index) elements, 3 LD (Low Dispersion) elements, 3 GM (Glass-Molded aspherical) and one hybrid aspherical lens element. Together they minimize axial chromatic aberrations, transverse chromatic aberrations, spherical aberrations and distortion, and allow a compact design that achieves superior image quality.
eBAND Coating provides superior anti-reflection properties, and reduces flare and ghosting
The new 24-70mm Lens features Tamron's original eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating, a technology combining a nano-structured layer that has an extremely low refractive index with conventional multiple-layer coatings to provide superior anti-reflection performance. The eBAND Coating substantially curbs the ghosting and flare that can occur when photographing backlit subjects.
New dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit) control system provides faster and more precise autofocus and improved Vibration Compensation
The innovative control system uses a dual MPU design with enhanced computing capacity. The MPUs have powerful, built-in DSP (Digital Signal Processor) blocks that achieve quicker and more precise AF performance, and more consistently powerful Vibration Compensation. The features combine to provide outstanding performance at night and in low light.
Dedicated VC processor delivers highest VC ability in class (CIPA level of 5 stops)
This lens is equipped with Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) system. Adding an MPU dedicated to VC processing unleashes a new-generation algorithm, ensuring the highest vibration compensation ability in the class (CIPA level of 5 stops). Even in low light or with slow shutter speeds, photographers can enjoy shake-free handheld shooting with ease and comfort.
Electromagnetic diaphragm system now used also for Nikon-mount lenses
An electromagnetic diaphragm system, which has been a standard feature for Canon-mount lenses, is now employed in Nikon-mount lenses - provided the Nikon DSLR is compatible with this technology.
More precise diaphragm and aperture control is possible because the diaphragm blades are driven and controlled by a built-in motor through electronic pulse signals.
- Nikon D5
- Nikon D4s
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D3X
- Nikon D810
- Nikon D810A
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D750
- Nikon D600
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D300S
- Nikon DF
- Nikon D3100
- Nikon D3200
- Nikon D3300
- Nikon D3400
- Nikon D5000
- Nikon D5100
- Nikon D5200
- Nikon D5300
- Nikon D5500
- Nikon D5600
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon D7200
- Nikon D300S
- Nikon D500
Fluorine Coating and Moisture-Resistant Construction
The Fluorine coating applied on the front element surface is water and oil repellant and allows safe and easy removal of fingerprints, dirt and smudges. The coating also provides an enhanced level of durability, and will sustain its effectiveness for years. In addition, seals are located at the lens mount area and other critical locations to prevent infiltration of moisture and/or rain drops to provide moisture-resistant construction. This feature provides an additional layer of protection when shooting outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
Lens hood equipped with new, convenient locking mechanism
The flower-shaped lens hood locks into place to prevent misalignment which might possibly cause vignetting.
Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory
The Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens is compatible with the optional TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory product that provides a USB connection to a personal computer, enabling users to easily update a lens's firmware as well as customize features including fine adjustments to the AF and VC.
Based on the rigorous quality standards worthy of the SP series
For the SP series products in particular, Tamron has established stringent design and quality standards.
These standards apply to the optical design, mechanical design and the exterior design, as well as to such wide-ranging areas as the product's robustness and improvements in various individual functions. Tamron thoroughly reviews of all its design and manufacturing processes to offer products with ever-higher precision and quality levels.
For this model, reviewing the management method for the MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) tester has helped achieve more consistently superb optical performance. The mechanical parts were improved and a new exterior design has been adopted. To ensure maximum optical performance, Tamron has enhanced the accuracy of component parts comprising each lens element unit and increased the precision of the overall zooming mechanism.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 111|
|Weight (g): 905|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.38|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 XR, 3 LD, 3 GM aspherical, 1 aspherical elements + eBAND and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The perfect focal range that makes this ideal for full frame shooters who are looking for an all round lens that can handle everything from landscapes through to portraits. Bright f/2.8 aperture makes it ideal for separating subjects from the background, as well as performing well in low light scenarios.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.