Sony RX10 III Bridge Camera
The 20.1MP Sony Disc RX10 III has a super-telephoto zoom with massive 24-600mm focal length, the widest among RX series camera s, captures 4K video in XAVC S format, as well as 1000fps super slow motion.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7014056K
Earn 1159 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sony Cyber-shot Disc RX10 III Digital Camera SUMMARY
- 20.1MP 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and BIONZ X processor with front-end LSI
- Widest zoom range among RX series cameras
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens with 24-600mm focal length and f2.4-4 large aperture
- 25x optical magnification super-telephoto zoom lens
- 8 ED glass lens elements including 1 super ED glass element and 2 ED aspherical lenses
- Minimum focusing distance of 3 cm / 72 cm at 600mm (0.49x maximum magnification)
- ZEISS T coating for minimal ghosting and flare
- Triple lens rings for focus, zoom, and aperture - operable on the side of the lens
- 0.39-type XGA OLED Tru-Finder
- ISO range from 64-12,800
- 9-blade aperture for soft, attractive bokeh
- Optical SteadyShot delivers up to 4.5 stops of image stabilisation
- Silent shutter capability
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/32,000 of a second
- Continuous shooting up to 14fps, with autofocus up to 5fps
- 4K video in XAVC S format, with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Extensive video functions
- Ultra telephoto super slow motion (up to 40x) recording at up to 100fps
- Super-fast 0.09 second autofocusing with spatial detection algorithm
- Focus hold button on the lens barrel locks focus distance and is assignable as a custom function button
- Ergonomic hand grip, optimised for the high magnification large aperture lens
- Capture One Express, PlayMemories Online, and PlayMemories Camera Apps compatibility
Sony RX10 III Bridge Camera FEATURES
Sony introduce the latest addition to the award winning line of RX Cyber-shot cameras, the new RX10 III (DSC-RX10M3). Featuring a newly-developed extended 25x super-telephoto zoom lens with an incredible focal range of 24-600mm and silent shutter capability, it is designed for demanding photographers and videographers who want to shoot fast moving, far away subjects such as sports events, concerts, or wild animals. It is able to reproduce high-quality content at a variety of focal lengths and camera settings that would require more than three, large lenses for an interchangeable-lens camera user.
The combination of the 20.1MPi 1.0-type stacked sensor, bright zoom lens, and BIONZ X processor ensures the highest image quality throughout the whole focal range - whether shooting stills or video - at up to 4K quality. Furthermore, by pairing the convenience of an ultra-telephoto lens with an innovative stacked CMOS image sensor, the RX10 III delivers new imaging experiences such as super slow motion video capture at up to 1000fps all the way up close at ultra-telephoto range. It benefits from an extremely accurate AF that focuses in just 0.09 seconds, and all of this is packaged in a premium body that combines practicality and rugged good looks.
The jewel in the crown of the Sony RX 10 III is the newly developed ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens. Covering a huge 24-600mm (25x optical magnification) focal range, the RX10 III is ideal in a range of different shooting conditions, from wide-angle scenery shots to ultra-telephoto images of sports events or wild birds, all in one compact package. The large-aperture lens (F2.4-4.0) maximises the ability of the 1.0-type large sensor to achieve high image quality and beautiful bokeh, even in the ultra-telephoto region.
Newly designed optics include eight ED glass elements including one super ED glass element, and two ED aspherical lenses. All of these elements work together to compensate for chromatic aberration that often afflicts telephoto lenses and results in high-contrast and ultra-sharp image quality from corner to corner across the entire zoom range. The newly developed optical design contains the sophisticated advanced aspherical (AA) lens and delivers excellent imaging performance while keeping the lens unit itself small. Additionally, with a minimum focusing distance of 72 cm at a fully extended 600mm (0.49x maximum magnification), the new lens is capable of producing amazingly detailed tele-macro images. The ZEISS T* Coating minimises flare and ghosting that often affects image quality in adverse lighting conditions and delivers faithful colour reproduction and clear image expression.
The aperture unit has nine blades that are designed to create a near-perfect circle in the F2.4 to F11 aperture range, which enables soft, beautiful bokeh expression. The Optical SteadyShot algorithm has been optimised for the lens design of the RX10 III and delivers up to 4.5 stops image stabilisation, for outstanding protection against camera shake - even when shooting from the hand in ultra-telephoto or low-light conditions.
Premium speed and response times
The Sony Disc RX 10 III features a 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip which is back-illuminated to allow it to collect light more efficiently. Combined with the BIONZ X image processing engine, the RX10 III achieves a wide sensitivity range of ISO 64-12,800, with low noise - even at high sensitivity settings. It employs a stacked structure that places the high-speed signal processing circuit on a different layer from the pixel area, significantly expanding the signal processing circuit and achieving astonishing high-speed processing. The DRAM chip at the rear of the sensor temporarily stores and allows readout of large volumes of signal data, which can be processed without delay, enabling super slow motion recording at up to 1000fps. This is especially beneficial when capturing dynamic footage from a long distance, such as stadium based sports events where close access to the subjects is impossible, but impactful, high quality footage is required. The accelerated readout of data from the image sensor also delivers a major reduction in image distortion of fast-moving subjects such as tennis players or animals on the move.
With shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 of a second, the electronic shutter performs comparably to mechanical shutters that don't distort images. Moreover, the electronic shutter can operate silently, so you can shoot recitals, wildlife, and other sensitive subjects without disrupting the scene. Continuous shooting is possible at up to 14fps, which enables the photographer to capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions. In addition, the RX10 III offers accurate tracking during continuous shooting with AF at up to 5fps.
The combination of the premium performance characteristics of the RX10 III and its extended zoom capabilities open up a whole new world of imaging experiences.
High quality 4K movie recording
The Sony Cyber-shot Disc RX10 III records video in 4K quality at a high bit rate in the highly efficient XAVC S format, with full pixel readout and no pixel binning. This means that it captures approximately 1.7x more information than is required for 4K movie output, and this oversampling effect enhances image detail, as it minimises moire and jaggies. The newly developed lens means that the camera can shoot high-quality 4K movies between 24-600mm, enabling huge flexibility in the types of shooting situations that can be captured. Furthermore, the inclusion of a high-speed front-end LSI assists the BIONZ X high-speed image processing engine in significantly reducing the rolling shutter phenomenon that can often distort how fast-moving subjects appear in 4K movies.
To enable compatibility with a professional video workflow, the RX10 III supports a variety of movie functions that are typically found on professional video cameras. The functions include Picture Profile, S-Gamut/S-Log2, Gamma Display Assist, enhanced Zebra function, clean HDMI output, TC/UB, REC Control, Dual REC, and Marker function.
High speed autofocus
The RX10 III features the Fast Intelligent AF system that has attracted praise amongst Sony RX10 II and Sony RX100 IV users, with the spatial object detection algorithm fully optimised for the RX10 III. This allows the camera to predict the point of focus, by detecting the subject even before the shutter button is pressed halfway. Once the shutter button is pressed halfway down, the camera focuses on the subject without delay, delivering a very smooth AF performance in just 0.09 seconds.
The Sony Cyber-shot Disc RX 10 III features a number of other upgrades compared to the current RX10 models. These include triple lens rings for focus, zoom, and aperture - each operable on the side of the lens for smooth operation. The handgrip shape has been optimised for the new high-magnification large-aperture lens, particularly to enhance grip security when holding the camera at eye level. A new Focus Hold button on the lens barrel allows the focus distance to be locked when it is pressed, and can also be assigned as a custom function button.
What else is included in the box?
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-FW50
- AC Adaptor AC-UUD12
- Micro USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Cap
- Shoe Cap
- Lens Hood
- Eyepiece Cup
- Instruction Manual
- Sony LCJ-RXJ Carrying Case
- Sony HVL-F60M External Flash For Multi Interface Shoe
- Sony XLR-K2M Adapter Kit and Microphone
- Sony ECM-CG60 Shotgun Microphone
- Sony VCT-VPR1 Remote Control Tripod
- Sony RM-VPR1 Remote Control with Multi-Terminal Cable
- Sony LCJ-RXJ Protective Jacket Case For Cyber-shot RX10 III
- Sony LCS-PSC7 Soft Carrying Case
- Sony STP-XH70 Leather Shoulder Strap
- Sony PCK-LM15 Screen Protector
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 420|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 14|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): 10.80 m (Auto ISO)|
|Focal length (equiv.): 24 - 600 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 94|
|Length (mm): 127|
|Width (mm): 133|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 1051|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 12800 (expands to 64 - 25600)|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, standard, fine|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 12800|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 25600|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 2.4|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 3|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 64|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 3|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 25|
|Number of white balance presets: 9|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 25|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1228800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2359296|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
The brilliant Sony Disc RX10 III bridge camera breaks new ground with its extremely wide zoom range and large aperture lens that delivers exquisite images in a compact package. It features 4K video recording with advanced video functions, and the ability to capture super slow motion at up to 1000fps is a very welcome addition.
- The huge zoom range of the lens
- Its advanced video functions
- The ability to capture slow motion video at up to 1000fps
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.