Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Zoom Lens Open Box
The Olympus 12-45mm f/4 PRO is currently the world's lightest fixed aperture zoom lens, provides superb optical performance and fast AF throughout the entire range, with sharp results across the frame.
- Incredibly compact size and low weight for ultimate portability
- Fixed f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range ideal for low light shooting
- Versatile wide to telephoto focal range together with macro close-up capability
- Optical stabilisation for more keepers and sharper images even with slow shutter speeds
- Comprehensive weather sealing protects against freezing and dust
Olympus Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Lens Summary
One of the main benefits of the micro four thirds system is the compact size a smaller sensor offers. To this end the new Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO zoom lens is currently the world’s lightest fixed aperture zoom lens. It weighs just 245g. and is only 70mm long, setting it apart from comparable compact zooms available on the market today. The zoom is from the comprehensive range of Olympus micro four thirds lenses and inherits its advanced optical design from the highly regarded 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO sibling. This new offering provides a longer telephoto reach as well as macro capabilities and as the PRO naming suggests is aimed at professionals and serious amateurs who require the best possible equipment. Extensive weather sealing ensures the 12-45mm f/4 PRO lens can be used in harsher conditions as well as for interior work.
The 12-45mm is capable of rendering extremely high resolutions together with noticeably sharp results across the frame and throughout the zoom range. Another benefit to this lens is the macro capability, providing 1:2 close-ups at an impressive 12cm close focus distance at the wide-angle end, and 23cm at the telephoto end. This allows photographers to get extremely close to their subjects and ensures this lens is versatile enough for many situations. With an effective range of 24mm to 90mm (full-frame equivalent) this model covers a comprehensive workhorse range. Compatibility is designed for any micro 4/3 sensor camera s including Olympus own range of OMD and PEN bodies. Built-in optical stabilisation is yet another feature, which will appeal to photographers who shoot hand-held, which is particularly useful for low light consitions.
Olympus Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Lens in detail
With nine points of weather sealing and aspherical special glass elements, the Olympus 12-45mm is well deserving of its’ PRO naming. Furthermore, the inclusion of ZERO (Zuiko extraa-low Reflection Optical) coating aids with the reduction of ghosting and flaring when shooting atowards bright light sources. Focus stacking features from bodies including OM-D E-M1X, OM-D E-M1 Mark II, OM-D E-M5 Mark III will be fully compatible with this model after a firmware update has been implemented. This enables an entire scene including macro images to be pin sharp from front to back, combined into one easy to use frame. The new body OM-D E-M1 Mark III provides these capabilities right away for those upgrading their camera .
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Zoom Lens Specifications
wide to telephoto zoom
Focal length (equiv. 35mm)
Micro Four Thirds System
Length 70mm Diameter 63.4mm
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Olympus manufacturer some of the finest lenses available for compact micro four thirds system cameras and the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO continues with that tradition. The addition of macro capabilities extend the versatility of this lens providing photographers at both professional and enthusiast level with an offering ideal for many shooting assignments. The wide to telephoto range is tried and tested for multiple subjects which might include street, landscapes, architecture as well as portraits or documentary. This lens also impresses thanks to its compact size and weight, ensuring it won't be left behind during holidays or for travel photography. Weather sealing is robust enough to endure the harshest outdoor shooting conditions with both dust and freeze-proof protection.
The high resolution sharp results which can be extracted from this zoom provide exquisite detail at any focal length with samples showing some of the best images we've seen on any micro four thirds zoom lens. Autofocus is impressively quick and accurate, which will appeal to photographers who capture moving subjects, whatever they might be. Optical stabilisation and the bright constant aperture aid with capturing sharper results when shooting in low light or at slower speeds. These many features denote yet another highly competent optic from Olympus, which we are certain will receive extremely positive reviews from the many photographers who enjoy this lens.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.