- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2
The next generation Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 is derived from the 6K Pro and includes an adjustable 5-inch monitor, NP-F570 battery and Generation 5 colour science for 6K movies with a Hollywood look.
Earn 2050 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Studio quality cinema camera with up to 6K / 50fps, which is compatible with larger capacity NP-F570 battery
- Capture cinematic results from upgraded generation 5 colour science and record in Blackmagic RAW and ProRes codecs
- Versatile large 5-inch adjustable tilting LCD screen and Canon EF lens mount with a huge range of lens choices
- Packed with video features for sharp focus and accurate exposure including pre-loaded 3D LUTS, focus peaking and more
- Intuitive ergonomics with comfortable grip and supports excellent range of accessories to expand your platform
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 Summary
The next generation Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 is derived from the industry-leading Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, with a familiar design and advanced features for cinematic movie creation. Whether shooting feature films, television or documentaries, the upgraded 6K G2 from Blackmagic Design delivers incredible performance with studio tools in a pro video camera, which can be easily handheld. It features a high definition Super 35 sensor with beautiful 6K video up to 50 fps or 60fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1, together with the latest generation 5 colour science.
You can shoot in a variety of codecs including Blackmagic RAW and ProRes, whilst achieving longer battery life from new Sony NP-F570 battery compatibility. The 5-inch LCD screen is tiltable for difficult angles and large enough to clearly see what you’re recording and as the 6K G2 comes preloaded with 3D LUTS. A host of video tools are included to help you create superb movies, from focus peaking and waveforms to false colour and more.
- High definition Super 35 sensor for 6K up to 50 fps
- Based on the adept 6K pro pocket camera
- Upgraded generation 5 colour science with new dynamic 12-bit gamma curve
- Blackmagic RAW and ProRes codecs
- Excellent low light performance with Dual Native ISO up to ISO 25,600
- Large 5-inch adjustable tilting LCD screen
- Supports long battery life with NP-F570 battery
- Optional high quality Blackmagic Design Pocket 6K Pro EVF with glass lens
- Canon EF lens mount, which is active for camera control over lenses
- Records to internal CFast 2.0 and SD/UHS-II memory cards as well as external SSDs
- Two mini XLR connectors for pro audio with phantom power
- 3D LUTS, False colour, focus peaking and many more video-specific tools
- Built-in DaVinci primary colour corrector and works with Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme and other switches
- Supports 6K Pro battery grip
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 in More Detail
Capture a Distinctive 'Hollywood Look' Digitally
Pocket Cinema Camera has the professional features you need for feature film, television programming and documentaries, however now these same features can be used to revolutionise other types of work such as blog videos, YouTube content and more. You get the same features found on expensive digital film cameras, allowing capture of deeper colours, higher image detail and a wider dynamic range between the brightest highlights and deepest shadows. It's the reason why feature films look so amazing and now you can get the same high end production values for any kind of work. Imagine getting film quality on independent film, music videos, weddings, corporate videos, documentaries and more.
Cinematic Digital Sensor With High Resolution
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 features a native resolution of 6144 x 3456. Whether you’re shooting in bright sunlight or in almost no light at all, the 13 stops of dynamic range with dual native ISO up to 25,600 provide stunning low noise images in all lighting conditions. Plus the 6K models feature a larger Super 35 sensor that allows shooting with a shallow depth of field and anamorphic lenses. All models let you shoot up to 60 fps in full resolution or 120 fps windowed. An amazing sensor combined with Blackmagic colour science means you get the same imaging technology as the most expensive digital film cameras.
Lightweight Carbon Fibre Polycarbonate Camera Design
The elegant design of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera packs an incredible number of high end digital film features into a miniaturised, handheld design. Made from lightweight carbon fibre polycarbonate composite, the camera features a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB and shutter angle right at your fingertips. Because it's an advanced digital film camera, the sensor is designed to reduce thermal noise allowing cleaner shadows and higher ISO. Plus the large 5 inch LCD makes it possible to get perfect focus at 4K and 6K resolutions. You also get a removable battery door, 4 shock proof microphones, heavy duty lens mount and built in speaker.
Ergonomic multifunction handgrip
The multifunction handgrip features an ergonomic design that puts important functions such as ISO, WB and shutter buttons at your fingertips. There’s even a scroll wheel under your index finger for making quick iris adjustments. Additional controls go beyond those found on a DSLR, which means you don’t have to go hunting through menus on a tiny screen to find a command. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features easy to reach recording and still buttons that are placed exactly where you expect, including user assignable function keys allowing buttons for high frame rate, focus zoom, false colour and more.
Controls at your fingertips
The front and top of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features record start/stop and still photo buttons along with dedicated controls for iris, ISO, white balance and shutter speed. The main power switch is located on the top next to a row of 3 customisable function buttons.
Back Panel Controls
Conveniently placed below the right thumb rest, you can quickly change shooting speed with the high frame rate button, zoom into the image with the magnifying glass, access setup menus and quickly play back shots for review.
Compatible With Both Cine And Photo Lenses
The 6K G2 includes an EF lens mount so you can use camera lenses you already own and EF mount cine lenses from other cameras such as DSLR, URSA Mini Pro or even the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera. You can use commonly available photographic lenses that provide incredible creative choice and wonderful feature film quality lens effects. The active lens mount lets you adjust focus and iris from the buttons on the camera or the touch screen.
Incredible HDR capabilities
The distance between the lightest and the darkest parts of an image is called dynamic range and is measured in stops. Pocket Cinema Cameras have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows you to set exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. You also get more colours than the standard DCI-P3 colourspace used for feature films. Plus DaVinci Resolve Studio is included with the camera, so you get total creative freedom with full exposure adjustment and recovery controls when colour grading.
Exceptional Low Light Performance With Dual Gain ISO
In digital film ISO is a measurement of the image sensor’s sensitivity to light. This means the higher the ISO number the more sensitivity to light so it’s possible to shoot using natural light even at night. The Pocket Cinema Cameras feature dual gain ISO up to 25,600, which means they're optimised to minimise grain or noise in images, while maintaining the full dynamic range of the sensor. The native ISO of 400 is ideal for scenes with on-set lighting. The secondary high base ISO of 3200 is perfect when shooting in dimly lit environments. The gain is set automatically as you adjust the ISO setting, so it's easy to capture great images when you don’t have time to set up lights.
Film In Multiple Resolutions And Frame Rates
You can shoot stills at 21.2 megapixels on the 6K models and 8.8 megapixels on the 4K model. The 6K G2 will shoot up to 50 fps at 6144 x 3456 16:9 or 60 fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1 and 60 fps at 5744 x 3024 17:9. For higher frame rates you can window the sensor and shoot up to 120 fps at 2.8K 2868 x 1512 17:9. You can even work in true anamorphic 6:5 using anamorphic lenses in 3.7K 60 fps at 3728 x 3104. On the 4K model you can shoot up to 60 fps 4K DCI at 4096 x 2160 and 60 fps in Ultra HD at 3840 x 2160. You can even shoot 120 fps in 1080HD.
Easy To Use File Formats For Post Production
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records using standard open file formats so you don’t have to waste time transcoding media. Files are compatible with all post production software so you can work with the software of your choice, or use the included DaVinci Resolve Studio. Recording works in industry standard 10-bit Apple ProRes files in all formats up to 4K or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in all formats up to 6K. Blackmagic RAW is the fastest growing RAW format. Developers can download and use the free Blackmagic RAW SDK to add support into their applications. Best of all media files work on all operating systems plus you can format media cards and disks in HFS+ for Mac and ExFAT for Windows.
Record to SD CARDS OR CFAST 2.0
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features built in CFast and SD UHS-II card recorders, and a USB-C expansion port for recording direct to an external media disk SSD. You can use regular SD cards for HD or higher performance UHS-II and CFast cards for native 4K or 6K when using Blackmagic RAW. Imagine capturing over an hour of full resolution 6K images on a single 256GB SD UHS-II card. The ProRes and Blackmagic RAW files work with all video software. You can even mount the media cards on your computer and start editing directly from them using the included DaVinci Resolve Studio software.
Harness the power of Blackmagic Raw
Blackmagic RAW is a revolutionary new format designed to capture and preserve the quality of the sensor data from your camera. Video formats such as H.264 are highly compressed, plus add noise and weird artefacts, causing original sensor detail to be lost forever. Blackmagic RAW eliminates this problem and gives you stunning images with incredible detail and colour throughout the production pipeline from camera to edit, colour and mastering. It also saves camera settings as metadata so you can set ISO, white balance and exposure in camera or override them later while editing, all without any loss of quality. Blackmagic RAW files are also small and fast to use making them easy to work with. Only Blackmagic RAW gives you the highest quality, smallest files and fastest performance.
- Colour Temperature – Setting the colour temperature tells the camera how to interpret white and other colours in an image. Instead of saving images with colour values baked in, Blackmagic RAW makes it possible for you to change the temperature in post production with DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- < > – Adjusting contrast, or the tonal range of an image, can make different parts of the image stand out. While you should always try to get the best shot on set, Blackmagic RAW gives you the flexibility to adjust contrast without any loss of quality while you’re editing and colour correcting.< > – Changing the ISO adjusts the camera’s sensitivity to light. Properly exposed shots require the right combination of ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Depending on the lights and exposure settings, you may need to adjust ISO in post.< > – Adjusting tint is another way you can affect the overall colour balance of an image. Unlike saturation or midpoint which can make reds redder or yellows more yellow, adjusting tint actually lets you push the colours in different directions.< > – Saturation is the strength or purity of a colour. More saturated colours are pure and less saturated colours have a percentage of gray in proportion to their hue. Adjusting saturation in Blackmagic RAW images can help make the colours visually pop or become muted.< > – In order for your images to look good, you need to make sure that it’s not too bright (overexposed) or too dark (underexposed). With Blackmagic RAW, the exposure settings can be changed in post so you can save shots that were not properly exposed.’t have to carry around an external monitor. On screen overlays show status and record parameters, histogram, focus peaking indicators, levels, frame guides and more. You can quickly apply 3D LUTs for monitoring shots with the desired colour and look. The LCD monitor on the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 and Pro models is a more advanced HDR display that can be tilted up and down so it's easy to monitor your shot from any position. Plus the 6K Pro model’s HDR display features 1500 nits of brightness, ideal for use in bright sunlight.
With the advanced Blackmagic OS, you get an intuitive and user friendly camera operating system based on the latest technology. Blackmagic OS is a true modern operating system where all camera features run independently for smoother control, plus the camera powers on virtually instantly. It features the same controls and menus as other Blackmagic Design cameras so you can move between cameras on set easily. The interface uses simple tap and swipe gestures to adjust settings, add metadata and view recording status. You also get full control over advanced camera features such as on screen focus and exposure tools, 3D LUTs, HDR, metadata entry, timecode, Blackmagic RAW settings and more.
Latest Generation 5 Colour Science For Stunning Skin Tones And Faithful Colour Reproduction
Featuring the same generation 5 colour science as the high end URSA Mini Pro 12K, the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro delivers an even greater advancement in image quality with stunning, accurate skin tones and faithful colour in every shot. You get a new dynamic 12-bit gamma curve designed to capture more colour data in the highlights and shadows, for better looking images. The colour science also handles some of the complex Blackmagic RAW image processing, so colour and dynamic range data from the sensor is preserved via metadata which you can use in post production. That means you get images that have a natural, film like response to colour adjustments in post with DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Create a Custom Rig with Pro Connections
Though small and portable, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a wide range of connections for audio, monitoring, power and more. The camera includes a full size HDMI connector for monitoring with support for HDR and clean 10-bit output. That means you can connect an HDMI display for on set monitoring of images, with or without overlays that show critical information and camera status. There’s also a mini XLR connection with 48 volt phantom power for attaching professional microphones, a 3.5 mm video camera style microphone input, headphone connection and a professional locking DC power connector. The USB-C connection lets you connect and record direct to your media disk.
Professional Audio Inputs And 4 Built-in Microphones
With professional, high fidelity audio recording built in you'll never have to carry around a separate sound recorder again. The 6K G2 model features 2 mini XLR connections with 48 volts of phantom power for connecting professional microphones such as lapel mics and booms, allowing you to record 2 separate audio tracks using 2 mics, without an external mixer. The four built in mics have an extremely low noise floor and are shock and wind resistant, capturing great sound in any location. There’s also a 3.5mm audio input for connecting video camera microphones, along with a built in speaker for playback and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Recreate Film Looks With Custom 3D Luts
Digital film cameras shoot logarithmic colourspace to preserve the dynamic range, which is great for later post production, however when these files are viewed on a monitor they can look flat and washed out. 3D LUTs solve this problem because they allow you to apply a 'look' to the monitor so you get an idea of how the finished images will look when editing. LUTs can be applied temporarily for monitoring only, or they can be recorded into the Blackmagic RAW files for use in post production. The Pocket Cinema Camera works with industry standard 17 and 33 point 3D LUT files, or you can work with the built in LUTs such as Extended Video, Film to Video, Film to Rec.2020 and more.
Record Direct To External SSDs Using USB-C
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features an innovative and high speed USB-C Expansion Port that operates at up to 5 Gb/s. USB-C is available on most new computers and even provides power. That means you can connect external accessories such as flash drives and SSDs for significantly longer recording times. A high speed external disk allows shooting 6K in the highest constant quality 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in the Q0 setting or at high frame rates. Best of all, when shooting is complete you can simply move the external disk to your computer and start editing and colour correction from the same disk, eliminating file copying.
Get Fast Multi Camera Shoots In Perfect Sync With Built In Timecode Generator
Professional cameras include professional features and you also get a built in timecode generator, allowing shooting with more than one camera while keeping perfect sync. Simply plug in an external timecode generator such as Tentacle Sync into the 3.5 mm audio jack and the camera will automatically detect timecode and lock the internal generator. Now each camera can start and stop recording and all the shots from all cameras will have the same matched timecode. Imagine shooting a music festival with multiple roving cameras. Best of all, DaVinci Resolve will automatically find and sync the shots from all cameras so you don't need to waste time sorting through thousands of shots.
Capture Still Frames Up To 21.2 Megapixels
In addition to shooting video, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can also capture high resolution stills. Simply press the dedicated stills button to record 21.2 megapixel images on the 6K models or 8 megapixel images on the 4K model. Still images are saved as fully uncompressed DNG frames, so you get the maximum image quality, which is perfect for making professional prints. Capturing still images is great for keeping track of continuity between shots or for sharing images to get approval from clients that are not on set.
Includes 13 Languages
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is designed to be used worldwide and supports 13 different languages. When setting up your camera, you can choose to work in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese or Korean. It’s easy to switch to another language so you can share your camera with other crew when traveling to locations worldwide. When you switch languages, all on screen overlays, setup menus and monitoring information will be displayed in the selected language.
Camera Remote Control
If you're positioning the camera on the end of a boom, or in another hard to reach location, you can get full control via Bluetooth from up to 30 feet away. You can download the Blackmagic Camera Control app for your iPad or use third party apps such as Bluetooth+ or tRigger on your iOS and Android devices. There’s even a free developer SDK with sample code available from the Blackmagic Design developer website, so you can create your own remote camera control and digital slate solutions. Imagine building an app that can jam sync timecode and trigger all cameras to record at the same time. The possibilities are endless.
Power 12V DC, Batteries And Recharge Via USB-C
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K uses removable LP-E6 type batteries while the 6K G2 and 6K Pro models use larger NP-F570 batteries. A locking DC power connector is used so you won't have to worry about losing power during a shoot. Plus the included AC plug pack can power the camera and charge the battery simultaneously. You also get a set of international socket adapters for worldwide use. Even the USB-C expansion port can trickle charge the battery, so you can use portable battery packs, mobile phone chargers or laptops. The optional battery grip lets you add extra batteries to dramatically extend the power of the camera so you can keep shooting all day.
Use Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 As A Live Studio Camera
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera now works as a studio camera for live production when used with ATEM Mini. Video and control is via the HDMI connection, which is available as soon as you plug the cameras in. The record light becomes a tally light so you can see which camera is on air. The ATEM Software Control camera page has a camera control unit (CCU) style interface for adjusting and matching your cameras. Move the CCU control vertically for iris and left to right to adjust black level. It's the same as a broadcast CCU. There are also controls for colour tint to balance cameras as well as focus, gain and shutter speed. You can even ISO record Blackmagic RAW in the camera for editing later.
Includes Davinci Resolve Studio
All Pocket Cinema Camera models include a full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio, which is the same software used in Hollywood for creating high end feature films, episodic television shows, commercials and more. DaVinci Resolve features the new cut page with intelligent editing tools and innovative new features designed to help you quickly find the footage you want, edit it together and output it fast. In addition to the new cut page, you also get DaVinci’s legendary professional editing, advanced colour correction, audio post and visual effects tools, all in a single software application. Now you can use the the same high end software that professional editors and colourists use.
The Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 supports an optional 6K viewfinder to make outdoors and handheld shooting accurate and easy. You get an integrated high quality 1280 x 960 colour OLED display with built in proximity sensor, 4 element glass diopter for incredible accuracy with a wide -4 to +4 focus adjustment. A built in digital focus chart ensures you get perfect viewfinder focus setup. You can also view critical status information such as frame guides. The Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF connects quickly to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 via a single connector. The viewfinder has a 70 degree swivel range and comes with 4 different types of eyecups for both left and right eyes.
What’s in the box
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2
- Lens turret dust cap
- Camera strap
- 30W power supply with locking connector and international adapters
- NP-F570 battery
- NP-F series battery USB charger
- Welcome booklet
- DaVinci Resolve Studio activation key
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Blackmagic Design has released a superb update to an already accomplished cinema camera with this Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2. The professional video camera packs a 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and active EF lens mount, recording beautiful video quality in 4K and 6K resolutions using Blackmagic RAW and ProRes codecs. It also has a tilting adjustable LCD, viewfinder mount, mini XLR audio inputs and a NP-F570 style battery for longer lasting power. The latest generation 5 colour science includes new dynamic 12-bit gamma curve with colour and dynamic range data preserved in metadata for post production.
In the upgraded body Blackmagic removed built-in ND filters as many videographers prefer to use lens-mounted ND filters, helping keep down weight and cost. The camera does offer a wide range of built-in tools however, including mini XLR connection with 48 volt phantom power. You also get screen focus and exposure tools such as 3D LUTs, HDR, metadata entry, timecode and many more. Results are excellent showing low noise in virtually any lighting conditions thanks to the sensor’s ability to record up to 13 stops of dynamic range with dual native ISO up to 25,600. Blackmagic’s 6K G2 pocket camera is also studio capable featuring DaVinci colour corrector in DaVinci Resolve Studio, which is included for editing, colour correction, audio post and VFX. This is an all-round impressive upgrade resulting in a video camera with formidable capabilities, which is sure to be widely adopted as the default EF compatible camera for many professional movie makers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.