Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro
Building on previous Cinema Camera success comes the new Blackmagic Design Pocket 6K Pro with a 5 HDR inch touchscreen, built-in ND filters, dual mini-XLR inputs as well as new colour science and more
- High-end film making Super 35 sensor with industry standard 10-bit Apple ProRes (4K) or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW (6K)
- Ultra bright 1,500 nit adjustable HDR touchscreen despite the compact portable size
- Built-in 2, 4 and 6 stop ND filters for in-camera light control in brighter conditions
- Support for larger NP-F570 battery, optional high res EVF and battery grip for extended recording
- Full resolution support at 60fps and 120fps windowed, with 13 stops of dynamic range and dual native ISO up to 25,60
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro summary
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro is an advanced technology, handheld 6K digital film camera with 6144 x 3456 Super 35 high resolution HDR sensor, dual native ISO, EF lens mount and direct recording to USB‑C disks! This powerful model adds an adjustable HDR touchscreen, built in ND filters, and a larger battery for longer run time. You can even add an optional OLED viewfinder!
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- 6144 x 3456 sensor with 13 stops and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Built in motorized 2, 4 and 6 stop ND filters.
- Up to 25,600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Adjustable, HDR 1500 nit LCD screen.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
- Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
Multifunction Grip with Fingertip Controls!
The multifunction handgrip features an ergonomic design that puts important functions such as ISO, WB and shutter buttons at your fingertips. There’s even a scroll wheel under your index finger for making quick iris adjustments! Additional controls go beyond those found on a DSLR, which means you don’t have to go hunting through menus on a tiny screen to find a command!
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features easy to reach recording and still buttons that are placed exactly where you expect, including user assignable function keys allowing buttons for high frame rate, focus zoom, false color and more. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro also adds extra ND filter controls.
Back Panel Controls
Conveniently placed below the right thumb rest, you can quickly change shooting speed with the high frame rate button, zoom into the image with the magnifying glass, access setup menus and quickly play back shots for review.
High Resolution Cinematic Digital Film Sensor!
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro feature a native resolution of 6144 x 3456. Whether you’re shooting in bright sunlight or in almost no light at all, the 13 stops of dynamic range with dual native ISO up to 25,600 provide stunning low noise images in all lighting conditions. Featuring a larger Super 35 sensor that allows shooting with a shallow depth of field and anamorphic lenses. All models let you shoot up to 60 fps in full resolution or 120 fps windowed. An amazing sensor combined with Blackmagic color science means you get the same imaging technology as the most expensive digital film cameras.
Built in ND Filters
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro features high quality, motorized IR ND filters that let you quickly reduce the amount of light entering the camera. Designed to match the colorimetry and color science of the camera, the 2, 4 and 6 stop filters provide you with additional latitude even under harsh lighting. The IR filters have been designed to filter both optical and IR wavelengths evenly, eliminating IR contamination of the images. Activation buttons are located on the rear of the camera body, placed within easy reach of your thumb from the multi function hand grip. User selectable filter settings can even be displayed as either an ND number, stop reduction or fraction on the LCD!
Shoot Incredible High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images
The distance between the lightest and the darkest parts of an image is called dynamic range and is measured in stops. Pocket Cinema Cameras have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows you to set exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. You also get more colors than the standard DCI-P3 colorspace used for feature films. Plus DaVinci Resolve Studio is included with the camera, so you get total creative freedom with full exposure adjustment and recovery controls when color grading!
There’s an awful lot to love about the more powerful Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, which has been designed with a host of upgrades to support high end digital film making. Blackmagic has also included numerous pro video inputs such as mini XLR audio x2, optional high res EVF and 3.5mm audio, along with Canon EF lens support. Other upgrades include a brighter 1,500 nit adjustable HDR touchscreen screen, built in ND filters, a larger battery and the latest generation 5 colour science and the larger Super 35 HDR (6144 x 3456) sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range. The list is seemingly endless even before we get to the movie capabilities presenting a seriously tempting upgrade or highly competitive cinema camera option for those new to Blackmagic Design.
Film makers who shoot during low light will reap the rewards of the dual native ISO up to 25,600 which captures video with extremely low noise levels while retaining the high dynamic range. Recording in 10-bit Apple ProRes or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW (with a free RAW SDK) provides plenty of industry standard colour grading options from 4K to 6K at 60p. The Pocket 6K Pro camera even includes a new dynamic 12-bit gamma curve to capture more colour data. Whichever way you look at it, this is a highly desirable and versatile pro video camera in an ultra compact body. It meets the demands of today’s film makers, documentary makers and independent film makers across every score with ease.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.