Samyang 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro Lens Fujifilm X
The Samyang 100mm macro lens for Fujifilm X-system provides true 1:1 magnification, is made of durable aluminium alloy and features high quality optics for pin sharp close-ups or telephoto images.
- Fast aperture prime lens which is compact enough to use handheld
- 1:1 macro ratio ideal for close-up photography of nature including flowers and insects
- Excellent colour, sharpness and flare control thanks to Samyang optical design
- Smooth out of focus areas rendered by the 9-bladed aperture
- Manual focus only for precise details at the exact point we want
Samyang 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro Lens For Fujifilm X Summary
The Samyang 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro Lens has been designed for Fujifilm X cameras as the ultimate close-up lens for nature photography. With a bright aperture for low light and selective focus, 1:1 magnification and vivid colour reproduction it does punch well above its price point. Results are excellent, with sharpness apparent throughout as Samyang has used a generous number of optical elements with special glass to minimise colour aberration and refractive light bouncing around the lens. 9 aperture blades render smooth out of focus areas around the subject and coatings help with flare when shooting into light.
- 1:1 macro magnification ratio
- Excellent sharpness and detail from 15 lens elements in 12 groups
- Close focus distance of 0.307m
- 9 aperture blades
- Bright f/2.8 aperture
- Smooth Focus Ring
- 67mm filter thread
- Includes a detachable lens hood to minimise flare and ghosting
- high-strength aluminium alloy
As a manual focussing lens users can pinpoint their focus point without letting the camera AF system guess on their behalf. For extreme close-ups this can save time and provide advantages over using Autofocus. We posted a blog about why use a manual focus lens here, which may be a useful read for this type of purchase. A short telephoto lens of this type with 100mm reach can also be used to capture beautiful portraits, detail shots at weddings and other subjects where we want to get closer to our subjects.
- Hoya REVO SMC 67mm Circular Polariser - this filter will reduce the effect of wet surfaces and reflections when shooting close-ups outdoors.
- Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 263AB100 Tripod Kit - this excellent tripod (including ball head) has a unique Multi-Angle Center Column which is ideal for macro photography.
- Rotolight NEO 2 LED light is ideal for location and can light up any close-up scene where it is too dark
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Fujifilm Lenses X mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 73|
|Length (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): 720|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 100 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 67 mm|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Fujifilm X|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 100|
|Maximum magnification: 1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/2.8|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 100|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.31|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/32|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 HRI + 1 ED element, Ultra Multi Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With more recent developments Samyang lenses are going from strength to strength. Their optics regularly impress way above their price-point with sharp, high resolving images possible easily keeping up with Fujifilm’s APS-C sensor capabilities. This 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro Lens also does a fantastic job controlling flare and ghosting which is vital when shooting extremely low down and often into light sources. As a true macro lens with 100mm short telephoto length, users can get extremely detailed nature close-ups of anything which takes their fancy, from bees and insects, to flowers and other subjects. The lens will also capture fantastic portraits, particularly where smooth out of focus areas are wanted, thanks to a wide 9-bladed aperture.
Whilst manual focussing isn’t for everyone, it does make good sense when shooting macro subjects in particular as the slightest change can render an entire image out of focus. With a smooth manual focus ring found here, you’ll be able to pinpoint your subject and focus exactly where you like. This lens is well recommended for Fujifilm photographers after a solid, high performance macro option for their kit.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.