Leica M10 Monochrom Digital Rangefinder Camera
This product is no longer available
Introducing the Leica M10 Monochrom Digital Rangefinder Camera with brand new 40MP sensor and ISO 160-100,000.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Stunning black and white all metal body design
- Hugely detailed all new 40.9MP monochrome CMOS sensor
- Wide range ISO 160-100,000 for any lighting situations
- Silent shutter for discreet shooting
- Touch display and easy access dials
Leica M10 Monochrom Camera Summary
The Leica M10 Monochrom provides fine art and other discerning photographers with an entirely newly developed black and white sensor presenting 40.89MP of exquisite detail from a digital rangefinder system. This new black and white sensor allows the camera to capture more light with a lower native ISO 160 to an impressive maximum ISO 100,000. This places the ISO performance firmly within reach of even the most advanced DSLR’s available today. It also boasts wider dynamic range capabilities over its’ predecessor the Leica M Monochrom Typ 246.
Users will have access to a wealth of existing Leica M-mount lenses for the system including highly popular models such as the Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 and beautifully crafted Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm F1.5 ZM. Leica R lenses can also be mounted with the optional R to M Lens Adapter expanding lens possibilities even further. Users will enjoy unparalleled tones, rich details and razor sharp images when pairing this camera with the very best lenses which Leica and Zeiss offer.
Despite the new higher resolution, the Type 6376 rangefinder is no slouch being able to buffer 10 RAW DNG files up to 2GB. The body has been adapted from the M10-P with a dedicated ISO wheel, silent shutter and touch screen functionality within a slim design. It also retains Leica’s signature all metal die cast magnesium chassis with brass top and base panels, together with black chrome plating. In fact Leica have taken the body design one stage further with the removal of all colour from the exterior, including the red dot and top panel markings. This provides users with ultimate discretion in the form of a truly stunning monochrome camera design.
The M10 Monochrom is a dedicated black and white stills only rangefinder camera featuring a host of enhancements over the previous model. M10-P users will be able to mount any number of accessories as these systems are so closely related. These include useful additions such as the 2.4MP Visoflex Typ 020 Electronic Viewfinder (which also provides GPS data) or the M10 Black Hand Grip. Spare batteries are the same model as the 6376 also uses BP-SCL5.
Leica M10 Monochrom In More Detail
Sensor: Brand new 40.9MP monochrome CMOS Sensor, 24x36mm without colour or low-pass filters.
Processor: Leica Maestro II
Display: 3” TFT monitor (1.04 million pixels) Corning Gorilla Glass
Material: All-metal die cast magnesium body, synthetic leather covering. Brass top panel and base, black chrome plated.
Exposure times: 16 min - 1/4000s. This enables fine art and landscape photographers to blur water and cloud motion in signature long exposure images.
ISO sensitivity: 160-100,000 With well controlled noise
Resolution: DNG: 7864 x 5200 pixels (40,89 MP)
JPEG: 7840 x 5184 pixels (40,64 MP), 5472 x 3648 pixels (20 MP), 2976 x 1984 pixels (6MP)
Storage media: SD cards up to 2GB/SDHC cards up to 32GB/SDXC cards up to 2TB
Flash sync time: 1/180 s; slower shutter speeds can be used, if working below sync speed: Automatic changeover to TTL linear flash mode with HSS-compatible system flash units
Eye piece: Calibrated to -0.5 dpt.; corrective lenses from -3 to +3 diopter available
Magnification: 0.73x for all lenses
Image field limiter: By activating two bright lines each: For 35 and 135mm, or for 28 and 90mm, or for 50 and 75mm; automatic switching when lens is attached
Parallax compensation: The horizontal and vertical difference between the viewfinder and the lens is automatically compensated according to the relevant distance setting, i.e. the viewfinder bright-line automatically aligns with the subject detail recorded by the lens
Matching viewfinder and actual image: At a range setting of 2m, the bright-line frame size corresponds exactly to the sensor size of approx. 23.9 x 35.8mm; at infinity setting, depending on the focal length, approx. 7.3% (28mm) to 18% (135mm) more is recorded by the sensor than indicated by the corresponding bright line frame and slightly less for shorter distance settings than 2m
Rear LCD screen: 3” colour TFT LCD monitor with 16 million colours and 1,036,800 pixels, approx. 100 % image field, glass cover of extremely hard, scratch-resistant Gorilla® glass, colour space: sRGB, for Live-View and review mode, displays
Wi-Fi: Complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard Wifi protocol), channel 1-11, encryption method: Wifi-compatible WPA/WPA2 encryption, access method: Infrastructure mode
Black and white sensors are known to capture more detail at slightly higher resolution than equivalent colour counterparts. This is down to a combination of removing the need for colour to be recorded at pixel level, not requiring de-mosaicing (or debayering) and the removal of a low pass filter in this instance. These all allow equivalent ISO’s to gain more light and the sensor to capture more detail, as well as dealing with highlight clipping more readily. Seeing is believing in this case, with the M10 model delivering unprecedented levels of detail with rich tonal graduations and a wide dynamic range. Few other camera manufacturers have developed digital monochrome-only cameras with notable exceptions from Phase One. This means Leica are leading the field in this department aiming at professional and advanced enthusiasts.
What’s in the box?
- Leica M10 Monochrom
- Carrying strap
- Charger and Cables
- Quick start guide
- 3 months Adobe Lightroom trial
The Leica M10 Monochrom M10M Camera delivers on all counts, with higher resolution, wider dynamic range and greater ISO capabilities. The body is a thoughtful development of the previous model and the much loved colour rangefinder. The M10 provides a user friendly shooting experience with easy to navigate touch LCD interface. The design of the body lives up to Leica's reputation for retro minimalist chic appeal together with a durable metal frame which will last for decades.
At first glance this Monochrom may appear to be a particularly niche camera, however there is still huge demand for black and white photography, particularly with photographers who deliver prints. We believe this release will appeal to a broad range of fine art, wedding, portrait, architectural and even street photographers who demand the highest level of detail in their images. Photographers who deliver black and white print reproductions to their customers will find this camera extremely desirable indeed, particularly those with access to R and M-mount lenses
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.