Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Camera - Body Only
This product is no longer available
The outstanding Fujifilm X-T2 is the flagship model of the X-Series and boasts a 24.3MP sensor without a low-pass filter, 4K video recording, and offers numerous technical improvements over its predecessor, the Fujifilm X-T1.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Its improved focusing abilities
- The addition of 4K video recording
- Its excellent Film Simulation modes
Fuji XT2 Compact System Camera - Body Only SUMMARY
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter
- X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine
- 4K video recording
- F-Log log-gamma option for recording video in wide colour gamut
- High video bitrate recording of 100Mbps for both 4K and full HD video
- 9 different Film Simulation modes for still and moving images
- ISO ranging from 200-12,800 (extendable to 51,200)
- 91 focusing points (up to 325 points) with phase detection AF pixels covering around 40% of the imaging area
- Improved contrast detection AF for around 65% of the imaging area
- AF-C Custom Settings offer improved accuracy in focus-tracking moving subjects
- Accurate focusing even at low-light conditions of -3EV
- Up to 14fps continuous shooting
- Strong' and Weak' Grain Effect function for authentic film simulation
- Pixel count 1.5x more than on the Fujifilm X-T1
- Improved startup time, shooting interval, and shutter release time lag
- 0.48" 2.36 million-dot organic EVF with magnification ratio of 0.77x displays up to 100fps with a display time lag of 0.005 seconds
- viewfinder blackout duration offers up to 5fps during continuous shooting in Live View mode
- Central viewfinder style like on the Fujifilm X-T1
- 3" 1,040k-dot three-directional tilting LCD screen
- Focus Thumbstick on rear allows quick changes to the focus area
- Mechanical dial settings can be adjusted even when the camera is turned off
- Dual SD card slots support UHS-2 for faster write speed
- Tether Shooting Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom allow PC or Mac remote shooting
- Wireless Communication and Remote Control functions via Fujifilm Camera Remote app
- Magnesium alloy construction - weather sealed at 63 points
- Compact, lightweight, and ergonomic design
- Dust and water-resistant
- Operates down to -10°C
- Weighs just 507g (including memory card and battery)
Compatible Fujifilm lenses
Fuji XT 2 CSC - Body Only FEATURES
The Fujifilm X-T2 is the ultimate mirrorless digital camera that uses advanced technologies to achieve premium image quality, outstanding operability, and beautiful design reminiscent of traditional cameras. The X-T2 combines the sensor and image processing engine developed by Fujifilm, with an ultra-sharp range of Fujinon lenses for excellent image resolution. Fujifilm's colour-reproduction technology - formulated over 80 years - delivers images of unparalleled quality and realism, recording a subject's textures, three-dimensional feel, and even the atmosphere surrounding it.
The X-T2 is the Fujifilm X Series' flagship model along with the Fujifilm X-Pro3 - the world's only rangefinder-style camera with a Hybrid Multi viewfinder. The two models deliver unparallelled performance in their distinctive fields, with the Fujifilm X-T2 excelling in portraiture, nature, and sports photography, and the X-Pro2 ideal for snapshots and discreet documentary photography.
Sensor and processor
The X-T2 features Fujifilm's 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor, boasting the highest performance in the history of the Fujifilm X Series. Its highly random pixel array effectively reduces moir© and false colors without the use of an optical low-pass filter. The elimination of the low pass filter - which is attributed to loss of image resolution - makes it possible to draw out Fujinon lenses' true capabilities to the maximum extent.
Coupled with the high-speed X-Processor Pro image processing engine - which delivers outstanding colour reproduction and gradation of tones in both stills and videos, with high ISO sensitivity and low noise - the X-T2 produces image quality comparable to that of cameras equipped with a larger sensor with higher pixel count, whilst also supporting 4K video recording.
4K and Full HD video
The video function of the X-T2 supports 4K recording, which is a first for the X Series of cameras. Approximately 1.8 times the amount of information needed to produce 4K video (3840x2160) or 2.4 times required for full HD video (1920x1080) is packed in to create premium image quality with low moir© or artifacts. The X-T2 supports high video bitrate recording of 100Mbps for both 4K and Full HD video, enabling high-resolution footage with minimal compression artifacts.
In response to videographers' demands, the X-T2 supports Clean HDMI output for 4K video recording, and also offers the F-Log' log-gamma option, which takes advantage of the sensor's wide dynamic range to record video in wide color gamut - facilitating video production workflow.
The Film Simulation modes - popular for still images - can also be applied to video recording. For example, you can use Classic Chrome' to add a documentary touch with subdued colors and rich tonality, or ACROS' to produce stunning monochrome footage with smooth gradation of tones and deep blacks. Nine different modes are available for versatile photographic expressions. Footage in a Film Simulation mode can be further fine-tuned with Highlight Tone', Shadow Tone', Colour', and Sharpness' adjustments.
The Film Simulation function now features the ACROS mode. Using the X-Processor Pro's advanced processing capability, this mode offers smooth gradation, deep blacks, and beautiful textures, to create monochrome images that far outperform the previous Monochrome mode of the X-T1.
Fujifilm's proprietary image design technology, produced through the development of photographic films, helps to reproduce warm skin tones, bright blue skies, and rich green foliage in beautiful colors - just as you remember seeing in real life.
The X-T2 also offers a Grain Effect function for reproducing distinctive graininess seen in photographs taken with film cameras. The function is available in Strong' and Weak' versions, and can be combined with any of the Film Simulation modes. You can easily obtain the effect of film-based photos, notable especially when the image is printed out.
The number of focusing points on the X-T2 has been dramatically expanded from 49 in previous models to 91 (up to 325 points). Approximately 40% of the imaging area (centre area containing 49 focusing points) is covered with phase detection AF pixels to form a fast and precise phase detection AF area that can be used in a variety of scenes.
The AF-C algorithm has been significantly improved for even higher accuracy when focus-tracking moving subjects in the AF-C mode. Depending on the type of movement, you can choose individual settings for Subject Retention Characteristic', Acceleration / Deceleration Tracking Characteristic', and Focus Zone Characteristic', or select one of five presets that combine specific settings for these three elements.
The performance of contrast detection AF - enabled for approximately 65% of the imaging area - has also been improved. The data read speed has been doubled compared to previous models, to achieve AF performance of higher speed and precision. Accurate focusing is obtained even at the low light condition of -3EV.
Despite having a pixel count 1.5 times greater than that of the Fujifilm X-T1, the X-T2 and its enhanced signal processing technology have successfully controlled digital noise even further. Improved ISO sensitivity means ISO12800, which was part of extended ISOs in the X-T1, is now available as a regular ISO option. Even at ultra-high ISO settings, the camera produces low-noise images, reproducing deep blacks and smooth gradation of tones, capturing beautiful images even in low light conditions.
Improved response times
Basic response specifications such as startup time, shooting interval, and shutter release time lag have all been improved to the extreme in pursuit of a camera that operates exactly as photographers demand. A startup time of 0.3 seconds, shooting interval of 0.17 seconds*, and shutter release time lag of 0.045 seconds*, ensure the camera operates exactly as the photographer intends.
*When using the Boost Mode with the Vertical Power Booster Grip.
The high-speed processing power and the use of improved algorithms allows the camera to refocus more frequently in the Live View mode - enabling predictive AF of advanced accuracy. This has also significantly improved the basic autofocus performance, improving the focusing performance on small points of light, low-contrast objects, and subjects with fine and delicate textures such as bird feathers and animal fur - which have previously been the weakness of phase detection AF.
The 2.36 million-dot high-resolution organic EL electronic viewfinder has the magnification ratio of 0.77x and maintains the display time lag of just 0.005 seconds. With the maximum brightness doubled from previous models, the viewfinder features the Automatic Brightness Adjustment function, so it is easy to see even in intense backlighting. It has improved resolution in the Live View mode, and eliminates moir© or false colors to enable focusing with greater accuracy.
The EVF refreshes at a rate of 60fps - or as high as 100fps in the Boost mode - to deliver smooth display of movements; the fast rate of refresh is maintained even in low light for easy framing during night shooting, and it can continue displaying a moving subject without interruption.
The blackout time of the X-T2 is less than half of that of the X-T1, due to the parallel processing of Live View display and fast shutter charging. This has enabled continuous shooting of 5fps in Live View, giving users the ability to easily continue tracking a moving subject.
The body of the Fujifilm XT 2 is both compact and lightweight, weighing just 507g (including memory card and battery), is dust-resistant, water-resistant, and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. The use of the APS-C sized sensor means the camera body mounts more compact and lightweight lenses, so that you only need a small camera bag to head out for all types of field photography. You can also fit the optional Fujifilm VPB-XT2 Vertical Power Booster Grip to shoot up to approximately 1,000 frames per charge.
The body of the X-T2 is fully made of magnesium alloy, so it is not only compact and lightweight, but also solid and highly durable. The body is weather-sealed at 63 points to achieve a high level of resistance to dust and moisture and, coupled with its ability to operate in temperatures down to -10°C, is ready for fully-fledged field photography. Similar weather-sealing is applied to the dust-resistant and water-resistant lenses - as well as to the Vertical Power Booster Grip - to provide weather resistance across the entire system.
Mechanical dials are provided for intuitive operation of all basic camera settings, including the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation, drive modes, and metering modes. The settings can be instantaneously adjusted even when the camera is turned off - so you can always be ready for the next shot. For the prevention of operation errors, the dials for shutter speed and ISO sensitivity are equipped with a Lock & Release button, and are designed with extra height for operability improvement from the X-T1.
The rear panel of the camera body features the Focus Thumbstick, which can be moved up / down, right / left and diagonally, to make quick changes to the focus area for accurate focusing. The rear LCD screen is the X Series' first three-direction tilting display, which tilts up and down when shooting in landscape, and upward when shooting in portrait. The screen remains positioned on the optical axis of the lens even when tilted, facilitating easy high-angle and low-angle shooting. When not tilted, it fits flush to the body to maintain its streamlined design.
In response to requests from professional photographers, the X-T2 comes with dual SD card slots, both supporting UHS-2 for faster write speeds. The two slots can be set up for Sequential', Backup', RAW / JPG' for recording RAW data in Slot 1 and JPEG data in Slot 2, as well as Video Destination'.
Of the diverse lineup of Fujinon lenses, the Red Badge zooms, namely the Fujifilm XF16-55mmF2.8, Fujifilm XF50-140mmF2.8, and Fujifilm XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 are the perfect fit for the X-T2. Add the Vertical Power Booster Grip to the body for a more comfortable grip, while making additional features available for the entire system, such as higher-speed AF and faster continuous shooting.
The full lineup of 22 Fujinon lenses covers a wide range of focal lengths from ultra wide-angle to ultra telephoto. The compact and lightweight lenses are all optimally designed for APS-C sensors, and incorporate standout features including large maximum aperture and powerful image stabilisation to meet photographers' diverse demands.
Install the Tether Shooting Plug-in or the Tether Shooting Plug-in Pro for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to tether the X-T2 to a Mac or Windows computer for remote shooting. You can automatically transfer and save images on the computer, and shoot while checking Live View images (on the Pro version only) to accommodate the workflow of professional photographers. (Remote shooting with USB and Wi-Fi connectivity will be supported in a future firmware update).
Wireless communication for smart devices
Download the free Fujifilm Camera Remote' app onto your smartphone (both Android and iPhones are supported) or tablet device, and use the Wireless Communication function to transfer photos and videos to the device with easy one-touch operation - or browse photos and videos in the camera from the device to select and download specific images - without having to enter an ID or password. The app also allows the X-T2 to download location information from your device and attach it to images.
The app's Remote Control' function enables wireless operation of the X-T2's shutter, exposure, etc. from your smartphone or tablet device. The Remote Control function allows you to not only handle basic operations such as Touch AF and Shutter Speed selection, but also to adjust a diverse range of shooting settings or even record video remotely. It makes it easy to compose and take a photo from a remote location when shooting a group photo, self portrait, or even wildlife in their natural environment.
Wi-Fi communication is supported for easy backup of in-camera data on your computer (to use this feature, the free software Fujifilm PC AutoSave' must be installed on your computer in advance).
Fujifilm X-T2 vs X-T1 / Fujifilm X-T2 vs X-Pro2
If you would like to know how the Fujifilm X-T2 compares to the Fujifilm X-T1 or the Fujifilm X-Pro2, please read our review article...
What else is included in the box?
- NP-W126S Lithium-ion Battery
- BC-W126 Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Metal Strap Clip
- Protective Cover
- Clip Attaching Tool
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Sync Terminal Cover
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Documents
- Fujifilm NP-W126S Rechargeable Battery
- Fujifilm EF-X500 Shoe Mount Flash
- Fujifilm EC-XT L Long Eyecap
- Fujifilm CP-W126 DC Coupler
- Fujifilm AC-9V AC Adapter
- Fujifilm M Mount Adapter
- Fujifilm EF-X20 Shoe Mount Flash
- Fujifilm EF-20 Shoe Mount Flash
- Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash
- Fujifilm GB-001 Grip Belt
- Fujifilm MIC-ST1 Stereo Microphone
- Fujifilm BCP-001 Body Cap
With the X-T2, Fujifilm have taken what was already an incredible camera and somehow managed to improve on almost every aspect of it. With the new lenses also now available, there really aren't any better options available in its price range if you're looking for a mirrorless camera that delivers impeccably across all styles of photography.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.