Fujifilm GF 250mm f4 R LM OIS WR Medium Format Telephoto Lens
The Fujifilm GF 250mm f4 R LM OIS WR lens resolves ultra high quality telephoto images for the GFX medium format system and boasts silent autofocus plus image stabilisation for reduced camera shake.
- Exquisite results from an advanced, high resolving telephoto prime lens
- Dust and weather resistant seals applied to 18 different locations
- Minimum 1.4m close focus with maximum 0.22 x magnification for tele-macros
- More keepers with five-stop image stabilisation
- Excellent workflow with focus limiter, focus pre-set and and 4 focus control buttons
Fujifilm GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR G-Mount Lens Summary
The Fujifilm GF 250mm F/4 R LM OIS WR is the current longest telephoto prime lens for G Mount available. It offers extremely offers high resolving power, keeping pace with 100 megapixel sensors found on the GFX 100 and GFX 100S cameras. The lens is also compatible with GF 1.4X TC WR to extend the focal length to 277mm in 35mm format. Fujifilm used a magnesium alloy lens barrel to help keep the GF 250mm f/4 weight down to 1,425g.
16 elements 10 groups (with 2 ED elements and 1 Super ED element resolve beautiful details with extremely high quality results and reduced chromatic aberration. For those who shoot close-up work, tele-macro shots are possible at 0.22 x magnification opening up details for weddings, nature and other situations. An 82mm filter thread enable the addition of regular lens filters which is impressive for a lens of this quality.
- Compatible with Fujifilm G-series medium format cameras
- Telephoto lens with autofocus and image stabilisation
- Suitable for close up macro work, portraiture, and anythang requiring longer focal lengths
- Dust and weather resistant
- Cold resistant to -10°C
- 250mm focal length (35mm field of view equivalent of 198mm)
- Aperture range: f/4 - f/32
- Minimum focusing distance: 1.4m
- Maximum magnification: 0.22x
- 16 lens elements in 10 groups
- Weight: 1425g
The GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR from Fujifilm is a telephoto lens that brings together Fujifilm's proprietary optical design technology: it offers high resolving power for supporting further enhancement of image resolution in the future. The lens is capable of capturing the atmosphere of any scene through a combination of high-resolution performance and rich bokeh effect.
Fujifilm GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR G-Mount Lens Details
Ultra-High image Quality
The lens is composed of 16 lenses in 10 groups including one super ED lens and two ED lenses, reducing chromatic aberration and achieving excellent image quality. The super ED lens is used to reduce the fluctuations in chromatic aberration depending on the shooting distance. It enables the photographer to shoot at a minimum distance of 1.4m, achieving a maximum magnification of 0.22x and tele-macro shots with large bokeh effects.
Strong image Stabilisation
The 250mm lens is equipped with a powerful five-stop image stabilisation function (CIPA guidelines). This allows photographers to make the most of the performance of the GFX's high image resolution even when taking telephoto shots where image shake might be obvious.
Functionality includes a focus limiter to enable faster autofocus speed by restricting focus range, focus pre-set to store previously used focus settings in the lens, and 4 focus control buttons located at the front of the lens enable operation of focus lock or autofocus.
Silent and High-Speed Autofocus
A linear motor drives the auto-focus system; it delivers high-precision, silent, and fast operation. In addition, the lens includes a mechanism for fixing the linear motor position when turning the power off, allowing the focus lens to be fixed.
The lens barrel is made from magnesium alloy, ensuring that the lens is both lightweight and robust. Sealing has been applied to the lens in 18 different locations for dust and weather resistance and the ability to operate at temperatures as cold as -10°C. A fluorine coating is also applied to the front lens element to repel water and dirt under tough outdoor situations.
What's in the box?
- GF 250mm f4 R LM OIS WR lens
- FLCP-82 Lens Cap
- RLCP-002 Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Tripod Collar Foot
- Lens Pouch
- B+W 82mm XS-Pro Kaesemann HTC Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter - high quality CPL from German glass
- Hoya 82mm Ultra Pro UV Filter - simple UV filter with front element protection
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Fujifilm Medium Format Lenses G mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 108|
|Length (mm): 204|
|Weight (g): 1425|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 250 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 250|
|Maximum magnification: 0.22|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 250|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.4|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 Super ED + 2 ED elements|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Fujifilm GF 250mm F/4 R LM OIS WR is a beast of a telephoto prime for medium format GFX cameras, weighing a hefty 1.5kg. It needs to be big as it packs a lot of glass, designed to render incredible detail achievable by 100 megapixel and higher cameras. With a 198mm focal width in full frame equivalent this is the current longest telephoto available although the versatile GF 100-200mm F/5.6R LM OIS WR zoom is not far behind. Both accept Fujifilm’s teleconverter to add 1.4x further reach adding more versatility.
The GF 250mm F/4 offers a very competitive five stops of stabilisation which is impressive and extremely useful in the real world useful when shooting handheld. Users who shoot close-ups might find this of particular benefit as this can shoot impressive tele-macro shots down to 1.4m close-focus with 0.22 magnification. If you shoot portraits or landscapes this could be a winning lens for your GFX system as it renders such beautiful results, although it is not limited to these subjects of course. The f/4 aperture allows for some proficiency for wildlife, fashion and more subjects.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.