This product has been discontinued.
Sony PXW-FS7 Camcorder
The Sony PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35mm camcorder delivers brilliant 4K resolution video and 180fps continuous shooting in Full HD. Its durable, ergonomic design and fast XQD read/write speeds make shooting on location a breeze.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7634616K
Sony PXW-FS7 XDCAM 4K Super 35mm Camera System SUMMARY
- 4K Super 35 Exmor CMOS sensor
- 180fps continuous shooting in Full HD
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) motion from 1 to 180fps in 1fps increments
- ISO 2,000 sensitivity
- Built-in ND filters
- 14 stops of exposure latitude
- XQD card offers read/write speeds up to 600 Mbps
- 4 channel audio input and recording support
- Telescoping arm and smart grip
- Built-in shoulder pad and curved back
- lightweight and robust magnesium frame
- Sealed buttons, dials, and other parts for resistance to dust, dirt, and water
- Heat pipes, remote heat sink, and air duct for advanced cooling
- Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe
Sony PXW-FS7 XDCAM 4K Super 35mm Video Camera FEATURES
When it comes to image sensors, size definitely matters. Sony's Super 35 sensor delivers bokeh' - the defocused backgrounds made possible by shallow depth of field. A common technique for directing audience attention within the frame, shallow depth of field is far easier to achieve with a large sensor. Other things being equal, a bigger sensor also equates to better low-light sensitivity and lower image noise, and with bigger sensors, the field of view is wider for any given focal length lens. With the FS7 sensor, size is just the beginning.
14 stops of exposure latitude deliver powerful grayscale rendition without crushing shadow detail or blowing out highlight detail. ISO 2,000 sensitivity enables you to shoot well after sunset, without tons of lighting and grip. The sensor incorporates 11.6 million total pixels and 8.8 million effective pixels to deliver full 4K resolution. Even if you're delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors cannot see. Sony Exmor CMOS design makes for extremely fast readout, contributing to frame rates of up to 180 fps and minimised image skew.
Neutral Density Filters
You don't need a matte box to get the advantages of shallow depth of field, even in exterior day shoots. A built-in Neutral Density (ND) filter wheel includes positions for Clear, 1/4 (2 Stops), 1/16 (4 Stops), and 1/64 (6 Stops).
Continuous recording and S&Q
From freestyle skiing, to water sprays, to pyrotechnics, High Frame Rates underscore the beauty and drama of everyday motion. That's why the FS7 provides continuous recording at Full HD at frame rates of up to 180fps. When you play back at 23.98p, you'll enjoy extraordinary Super Slow Motion of up to 7.5x. Compared to burst mode, the continuous recording of the FS7 reduces mistimed shots and extra takes.
The camera also provides Slow & Quick motion from 1 fps to 180 fps, in 1 fps increments. This enables time lapse effects to make the clouds race by or flowers bloom before your eyes.
To keep the PXW-FS7 small, light, and easily hand-holdable, Sony engineers reserved some special functions for an outboard module - the XDCA-FS7 extension unit (sold separately). The unit adds powerful capabilities:
To preserve the maximum in colour, contrast, and resolution, the XDCA-FS7 enables RAW recording when connected to outboard recorders. It supports the vivid colour of 12-bit linear RAW at either 4K or 2K resolution. Use a single BNC cable to connect the XDCA-FS7 to Sony's HXR-IFR5 interface unit and AXS-R5 recorder (both sold separately). The interface also allows the use of compatible third-party external recorders, such as the ATOMOS Shogun and the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q, equipped with the Sony FS RAW option. Even when you record outboard RAW, you can still record time code-synchronised Full HD on-board - a convenient proxy for offline editing.
Sony understands that some workflows are committed to the Apple ProRes 422 codec. That's why the XDCA-FS7 supports Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ (1920x1080) recording to an XQD card in the camera.
The XDCA-FS7 also provides Genlock and Timecode In/Out for multi-camera shoots.
Ergonomic, durable design
A handheld camera should be able to get you into tight places. To work in your lap. To move with the talent. To shoot high and low angles with equal facility. And a handheld camera should function beautifully against your chest or shoulder, comfortably steadied by your right hand. The Sony FS7 does all of this, and more. The built-in shoulder pad makes for stable shoulder-style shooting, while the curved back sits comfortably against your chest.
Another key to handheld comfort is the telescoping arm that holds the smart grip. Adjust the arm length by simply turning a knob. Another knob at the joint adjusts angle, so you can instantly adapt the arm to suit your physique and your shooting position.
Sony designed the PXW-FS7 to stand up to the rigors of real-world shooting. The frame is magnesium, for high rigidity and light weight. Buttons, dials, and other parts are sealed to prevent dust and water spray from entering.
Cooling is an urgent requirement in a high-speed 4K camera. That's why Sony engineers developed special heat pipes that whisk heat away from the electronics and into a remote heat sink. An air duct cools the heat sink, while isolating the electrical components from exposure to dust and water spray.
A pair of heat pipes draws heat away from the electrical components and into the cooling duct. The duct dissipates accumulated heat, while its sealed design prevents the entry of dust, dirt and water spray.
The FS7 takes advantage of Sony's flexible Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, which provides power, signal connections, and coordinated on/off switching to compatible Sony accessories. For example, you can connect and control Sony wireless microphone systems such as the UWP-D11 or UWP-D12 or attach the Sony HVL-LBPC light.*
*Please note, accessories are sold separately. The Sony HVL-LBPC light does not draw power from the FS7.
The FS7 supports 4-channel audio input. In applications such as interviews, this function enables the simultaneous use of an external microphone for recording ambient sounds, the built-in microphone for voice memos by the operator, and two optional UWP Series wireless microphones for the voices of interviewer and interviewee. In addition, by the use of optional XLR adapters, such as the Sony XLR-K2M or Sony XLR-K1M which provide 2 additional XLR inputs, possible applications are further expanded.
What else is included in the box?
- Boyd Cap
- Grip Remote Control
- IFU-WLM3 USB Wireless LAN module
- RMT-845 Wireless Remote Commander
- WA Adapter Bracket
- MPA-AC1 AC Adapter
- BC-U1 Battery Charger
- BP-U30 Battery Pack
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Operating Guide
- CD-ROM Manuals for Solid-State Memory Camcorder'
- Sony BC-L90 High Speed Battery Charger for BP-FL75 and V-Mount Batteries
- Sony BC-U2 Two-channel Simultaneous Battery Charger/AC Adaptor for BP-U90/U60/U30
- Sony BP-U60 Lithium-ion Battery
- Sony BP-FL75 Olivine Long-lasting Battery for F-series Cameras
- Sony BP-U90 Lithium-ion Battery
- Sony BP-U60T Lithium-ion Battery
- Sony XDCA-FS7 Extension Unit for PXW-FS7
- Sony SELP28135G 35mm Full Frame Powered E-Mount Zoom Lens 28-135mm F4.0 OSS
- Sony LA-EA4 35mm Full-frame A-mount Adapter
- Sony SAL24F20Z ZEISS Distagon T* 24mm F2 ZA SSM Prime Lens
- Sony SAL35F14G G Series 35mm F1.4 G Prime Lens
- Sony SAL50F14Z ZEISS Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM Prime Lens
- Sony SAL85F14Z ZEISS Planar T* 85mm F1.4 ZA Lens
- Sony SAL135F18Z ZEISS Sonnar T* 135mm F1.8 ZA Zoom Lens
- Sony SAL1635Z ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Zoom Lens
- Sony SAL2470Z ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Zoom Lens
- Sony SAL2875 35mm Full Frame Zoom Lens 28-75mm F2.8 SAM
- Sony SAL70400G2 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II Super Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Sony SEL24F18Z ZEISS Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Prime Lens
- Sony SEL35F28Z ZEISS Sonnar T* FE 35mm F2.8 ZA Wide-angle Prime Lens
- Sony SEL55F18Z ZEISS 35mm Full Frame E-mount Standard Prime Lens Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
- Sony SEL2470Z ZEISS Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zoom Lens
- Sony SEL2870 35mm Full Frame E-mount Zoom Lens FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony SEL70200G 35mm Full Frame E-mount Telephoto Zoom Lens FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
- Sony SELP1650 APS-C E-mount Powered Zoom Lens 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony SELP18105G APS-C E-mount Powered Zoom Lens 18-105mm F4 G OSS
- Sony SELP18200 APS-C E-mount Powered Zoom Lens 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony RM-1BP LANC Remote Commander
- Sony VCT-FS7 lightweight 15mm Rods and Adjustable Shoulder Pad for PXW-FS7
- Sony CBK-WA100 Wireless Adapter for PMW-400 and PXW-X320 [Mobile Network 3G / 4G / LTE / Wireless LAN]
- Sony Catalyst Browse
- Sony Catalyst Prepare
- Sony QDG-32A 32 GB XQD G Series Memory Card for Professional Shooting
- Sony QDG-64A 64 GB XQD G Series Memory Card for Professional Shooting
- Sony QDG-128A 128 GB XQD G Series Memory Card for Professional Shooting
- Sony UWP-D11 Belt-pack UWP-D Wireless Microphone Package
- Sony UWP-D12 UWP-D Wireless Microphone Package with Handheld Transmitter
- Sony UWP-D16 Belt-pack UWP-D Wireless Microphone Package with XLR Plug-on Transmitter
- Sony SMAD-P3 Multi Interface Shoe (MI Shoe) Adapter for Cable-free Connection
- Sony ECM-680S MS Stereo Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-678 Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-674 Affordable Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-673 Short Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-VG1 Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-MS2 Compact Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-CG50BP Super-cardioid Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony MDR-7506 Stereo Professional Headphones
- Sony MDR-7510 Studio Professional Headphones
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.