Sony DSC RX100 Va Compact Camera
The 2019-20 best product award rightfully acknowledges the Mark 5 Sony Disc RX100 Vacompact camera with its blazing fast autofocus, stunning 4K movies and 20.1MP stills all at high speed 24fps shooting.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7014109K
Earn 699 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sony RX100 Va Compact Digital Camera Summary
- Fast Hybrid AF system
- World's fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.05 seconds
- World's highest number of AF points on a sensor 315 points covering approx. 65% surface area
- Shoots continuously at 24 fps the World's fastest for a compact camera
- Shoots 24 fps at full 20.1MP with AF/AE tracking for up to 150 continuous shots
- Newly developed 1.0-tye stacked Exmor RS CMOS 20.1MP sensor with DRAM chip
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 large aperture lens
- New front-end LSI chip for maximum processing speed for expanded memory buffer, processing speed, image quality and high ISO settings
- 4K video with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-mo at up to 1000 fps with extended recording time
Sony RX100 V Features in Detail
The RX100 V features the same super fast auto focus system as it's big brother, the a6500, which means it has the World's fastest autofocus system enabling it to lock focus as quick as 0.05 seconds thanks to a hybrid focal-plane phase detection AF and contrast detection AF. This is complimented by 315 dedicated AF points over 65% of the sensor's surface area, which gives the camera amazingly accurate and quick focusing, letting you capture the action even in unpredictable situations.
A new AF-A mode also now allows the camera to switch automatically between continuous and single-shot AF modes, and users can now manually select if they'd like the continuous AF and phase detection AF areas to be displayed live on screen while framing a shot.
Making full use of the 20.1MP 1.0-type CMOS sensor, the RX100 V features a new front-end LSI chip that supports the excellent BIONZ X processor to enable the camera to shoot at up to 24fps at full resolution for up to 150 shots with AF/AE tracking.
To make best use of this high-speed shooting mode, viewfinder blackout between shots has been minimised and silent shooting is also available.
In order to minimise the effect of rolling shutter that is commonly experienced when shooting fast moving subjects, the RX100 V comes with a high speed Anti-Distortion Shutter up to a maximum speed of 1/32000 second. This means the camera can capture sharp, clear images at a wide open aperture and brightness levels up to EV19, allowing both photographers and videographers to capture gorgeous imagery that's sharply focussed even in challenging lighting conditions.
Professional Movie Functionality
Built for both photographer and film makers, the RX100 V is great for even the most demanding video enthusiasts. With plenty of shooting flexibility thanks to the ability to adjust AF drive speed and AF tracking in the menu system, the focal plane phase detection AF sensor ensure accurate tracking and focusing even at the requirements of 4K footage.
4K Movie Mode
Shooting in 4K, the RX100 V utilises full pixel readout without pixel binning for amazingly high quality footage thanks to the XAVC S codec recorded with minimal moire and jaggiesm at a high data rate of up to 100mbps at 4K and 50mbps at Full 1080p HD shooting.
With the option to choose from frame rates of 1000fps, 500fps and 250fps, the RX100 V is able to shoot super-slow motion footage at 4K, for twice as long as its predecessor, the RX100 IV.
Compact, Pocket-Sized Design
Maintaining the standard set by its predecessor RX100 family, the RX100 V is a convenient pocket-sized design measuring only 101.6mm x 58.1mm x 41mm and weighing only 299g.
The RX100 is not only Wi-Fi and NFC compatible but is also equipped with a high-contrast 2.35 million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder which ensures true-to-life image previews and playback functionality. The EVF conveniently retracts in and out of the camera body to ensure the camera is as compact as possible when not in use.
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Compact Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 220|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 24|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): 10.20 m (Auto ISO)|
|Focal length (equiv.): 24 - 70 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 58|
|Length (mm): 41|
|Width (mm): 102|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 299|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 125 - 12800|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 12800|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 25600|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 1.8|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum ISO: 125|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 80|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 315|
|Number of white balance presets: 9|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 2.9|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1228800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2359296|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
The RX100 V follows on the RX100 family tradition of packing a lot of features into a very compact form factor.
With a 1.0-type 20MP sensor, the World's fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.05 seconds, and a shooting speed of 24fps at full resolution, the RX100 V boasts outstanding shooting performance for such a compact camera, but it's not just great at shooting stills.
Thanks to the fast Hybrid AF system, it will also shoot smooth 4K footage and will even do super-slow motion at up to 1000fps.
The range of features available means this camera is a great compact camera that can challenge larger cameras in terms of image quality, speed and performance.
- Fast hybrid AF system
- Super-slow motion 4K footage up to 1000fps
- 24fps shooting at full resolution 20.1MP
- Zeiss 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 large aperture lens
- Anti-distortion shutter and new front-end LSI chip for smooth and quick shooting
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.