Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Mirrorless Camera With 12-32mm OIS Lens Silver
This product is no longer available
This kit combines the black Panasonic Lumix GX9 camera and 12-32mm lens for a compact highly advanced pairing with everything you need for your creativity including 4K video & excellent image quality.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Compact body full of professional, high-end technology
- Mirrorless camera with tilting viewfinder for street-style photography
- 20.3 megapixel sensor with no low pass filter records the highest level of detail
- 4K video at 30p and 4K PHOTO
- Fast, accurate, and pin-point autofocus technology gives a superb shooting experience
Panasonic Lumix GX9 Mirrorless Camera Body + 12-32mm Lens Kit - Summary
Panasonic Lumix GX9 Mirrorless Camera Body
The Panasonic Lumix GX9 is a mirrorless camera that combines premium levels of technology in a compact camera body. Boasting a 20.3 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low-pass filter, the Lumix GX9 captures the maximum amount of detail in every image possible. Its compact body is filled with high-end technology, making this the perfect mirrorless camera for street-style shooters, and those looking for a professional feel camera without the bulk.
- 20.3 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor
- No Low-Pass Filter for more detail
- Optimised gradation setting gives wide dynamic range
- Three-dimensional Colour Control
- Contrast AF System with DFD Technology
- High-speed Autofocus at approx. 0.07 seconds
- Burst shooting at up to 9 fps (AF-S) or 6 fps (AF-C)
- Face/Eye Detection AF
- Pinpoint AF function
- Low Light AF for shooting down to -4 EV
- New Live View Finder that tilts up to 80 degrees
- LVF Eye Sensor AF focuses using your eye movement
- 2,760K-dot Live View Finder with 100% colour reproduction at 1:9 ratio
- Energy saving sleep mode & up to 900 images per battery charge
- New 3.0 inch, 1,240K-dot monitor that tilts up to 80 degrees up & 45 degrees down
- 5-axis Dual Image Stabilisation combines 2-axis Optical Image Stabiliser & 5-axis Body Image Stabiliser
- Shoots with 4-stop slower shutter speed thanks to 5-Axis Dual Image Stabilisation
- Electromagnetic shutter drive reduces the risk of shutter shock by approx. 90%
- Silent Shooting Mode for further reduced noise
- 4K video recording at 30p at 3840x2160 resolution
- 4K PHOTO records 8 megapixel stills at 30 fps
- New Light Composition function combines images by saving the brighter pixel
- New Exposure Dial for quick exposure setting changes
- Focus lever for quick adjustment from AF-S to AF-C and Manual Focus
- New Focus and Aperture Bracketing
- In-camera RAW processing
- Multi-exposure mode, Time Lapse mode, Stop motion animation mode
- Low Energy Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity
Panasonic LUMIX G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Micro Four Thirds lens
- Standard Micro Four Thirds zoom lens
- 12-32mm focal length (24-64mm - 35mm equivalent)
- Mega O.I.S stabilisation
- 240fps drive capability
- Inner focus drive system and stepping motor for silent, smooth operation
- lightweight and portable design
- Compact, retractable structure
Panasonic Lumix GX9 Mirrorless Camera (Silver) + 12-32mm Lens Kit - Features in Detail
Capture small, authentic moments with speed, consideration and precision
The Contrast AF System features Depth From Defocus (DFD) technology and excels in both speed and accuracy by exchanging a digital signal between the camera and the lens at a maximum 240 frames per second (fps) . As a result, the Lumix GX9 achieves high-speed AF of approximately 0.07 sec and high-speed burst shooting at 9 fps (AFS) / 6 fps (AFC) to capture fast-moving subjects in-focus.
A variety of AF functions including Face/Eye Detection AF and the popular Pinpoint AF function enhance usability to comply with a wide-ranging of shooting situations. The advanced Low Light AF makes it possible to set focus on the subject more precisely - even without the AF assist lamp in extremely low-lit situations down to -4EV.
To help ensure the best shot is taken, the Lumix GX9 integrates a new LVF (Live View Finder) that tilts up 80-degrees offering an extraordinary shooting style – especially for subjects below eye-level. The Live View Finder Eye Sensor AF starts auto focusing as soon as it's in use to ensure no shooting opportunity is missed. With 2760K-dot equivalent high-resolution and almost 100% colour reproduction, this 16:9 Wide Screen LVF boasts 1.39x / 0.7x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100% field of view.
To save power, the camera includes a new feature which makes it automatically enter sleep mode at a designated time after detecting the eye is off the viewfinder eye sensor saving battery whilst shooting. A long battery life of approximately 900 images per battery charge is achieved with this power-saving LVF and users can quickly go back into shooting mode with a half-press of the shutter button.
The new 3.0-inch large, 1240K-dot high resolution touch monitor tilts up by 80-degrees and down by 45-degrees, which enables shooting in either high or low angles even easier. Live View Boost allows to check the composition on the screen even in total darkness by boosting the sensitivity.
Image Stabilisation – for perfect shots on the go
For greater precision, the Lumix GX9 incorporates 5-axis Dual I.S. (Image Stabiliser) for more effective suppression of blur. Combining an O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabiliser, 2-axis) and a B.I.S. (Body Image Stabiliser, 5-axis), the 5-axis Dual I.S. compensates for a larger range of movement, making it possible to use 4-stop slower shutter speed . Users can enjoy blur-free photo/video shooting from wide to tele, even in low-light situations.
The 5-axis Dual I.S. works in both photo and motion picture recording including 4K video. Panasonic Lumix G Cameras offer a wide variety of digital interchangeable lenses and most of them comply with this 5-axis dual I.S.
To further reduce motion blur, the Lumix GX9's shutter unit incorporates an electromagnetic drive which reduces the risk of shutter shock by approximately 90%6. For street photographers who need to minimise disrupting their subjects, the sound of the mechanical shutter is also reduced in volume. For further reduction in noise, Silent Mode switches the shutter from mechanical to electronic and turns all sound (AF, operation) off while suppressing the emission of the AF assist lamp and flash with just a single setting; perfect for special shooting occasions.
Sophisticated 4K Capabilities
With its high-speed signal readout and processing of the engine, the Lumix GX9 is capable of recording smooth, high-resolution 4K video in 3840x2160 at 30p / 25p(50Hz Area) or 24p in MP4.
Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can also capture the fleeting photo opportunities at 30 fps in 8-megamixel equivalent resolution to save it as a 4K PHOTO.
Choosing the best shot out of hundreds of frames is now easier with a new Auto Marking function. It allows the user to jump to a frame where the difference is obvious between consequent frames to minimise the time for choosing the best shot.
In addition, the Lumix GX9 incorporates Light Composition function as a new option of 4K PHOTO mode. The camera combines the images by choosing and saving the brighter pixel. This makes it possible to produce more luxurious, dramatic images of situations such as fireworks or night scenery with ease.
Intuitive Creativity – improved body details, new filter
For more intuitive control, an exposure dial has been included for quick change of exposure setting. A Focus lever has also been added to the back side of the camera enabling users to change between AFS (AFF), AFC and manual focus without diving into a menu.
For further creative freedom, Focus and Aperture Bracketing have been added. With Focus Bracketing, a maximum of 999 images can be shot with different focal distances. Aperture Bracketing lets users have multiple shots with different depth of field. Users can later choose the shot with the best focus level or most fitting depth of field characteristic.
Also new to the Lumix GX9 is the option to shoot photos with and without creative filter options applied simultaneously. RAWs can be developed in the camera, allowing independence from access to a computer. Sophisticated modes, such as Multi exposure and Time lapse shot/ stop motion animation are also available in the Lumix GX9.
The Lumix GX9 integrates Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity to offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing. Once the camera is connected to a smartphone or tablet installed with Panasonic's dedicated application software Panasonic Image App for iOS / Android, users can shoot, browse and share images remotely. Compatibility with Bluetooth 4.2 (called BLE: Bluetooth Low Energy) enables constant connection with a smartphone/tablet with minimum power consumption. This enables the camera to activate by simply using a smartphone/tablet or to add GPS geotag on the photos automatically.
Setting the new standard for Panasonic's Compact System Cameras, the Lumix GX9 is the perfect companion to save eternal memories and share your daily life in your own creative way.
Eye Cup DMW-EC5
The LUMIX GX9 complies with a variety of optional accessories to expand the shooting experience. The Eye Cup DMW-EC5 is available making it even more comfortable to see the LVF.
Hand Grip DMW-HGR2
The Hand Grip DMW-HGR2 enhances grip power for more stable shooting especially when using an ultra-telephoto lens or a large-diameter lens. It is designed to match sleek camera profile.
DMW Series Camera Bags: Shoulder, Compact Shoulder and Backpack
Each Camera Bag is the perfect accessory to protect the LUMIX GX9. All are highly-durable, have a Water-Resistant Base, Protective Flap Design, Quick Release Buckles and Side Stretch Pockets.
For shooting out-and-about, processing & editing on-the-go, and uploading from your smartphone or tablet, the Panasonic Lumix GX9 isn’t just a convenient and compact camera , it also packs its compact body full of the latest high-end imaging technology that allows you to effortlessly capture sharp, detailed images.
Whether you’re shooting 4K movie clips, firing off at 9 frames per second, or using the bright touchscreen to automatically focus expertly on your subjects eye, the Lumix GX9 is the ideal tool for the job. For photographing anything from skin tones to skies, the Lumix GX9 benefits from three-dimensional Colour Control that detects hue, saturation, and brightness levels to achieve the truest to life colour reproduction.
For usability, the Lumix GX9 is streets ahead, with a Live View Finder (electronic view finder) that tilts up to 80 degrees and offers an extraordinary shooting style. Not only that, but up to 900 shots on a single battery charge means you’ll be shooting all day without needing to change.
The Panasonic GX9 in Silver goes perfectly with the Panasonic 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH standard zoom lens, offering a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-64mm. This pancake lens is compact and lightweight with an inner focus drive system which maintains its compact size.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.