Olympus PEN E-PL9 With 14-42mm EZ Pancake Lens Kit Black
This product has been discontinued.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Exceptional design and build quality ensuring a long-lasting camera
- Intuitive and easy to use features that aid your photography
- Stunning movies and the highest quality images
- A wealth of features to explore your creativity in new ways
- Olympus M.Zuiko lenses at your disposal to create photos as you see them
Olympus PEN E-PL9 Body in Black + 14-42mm EZ Pancake Lens in Silver Kit - Summary
Olympus PEN E-PL9 Camera Body in Black:
The Olympus E-PL9 is a distinguished camera that commands envious glances, with its petite dimensions and boastful build quality. The E-PL9 is a lightweight, compact mirrorless digital camera that bridges the gap between camera phones and much larger offerings, enabling an easy transition into interchangeable lens photography.
The painless transition to the E-PL9 is enabled by a versatile range of features, including touch screen access to its new Advanced Photo mode, and access to Olympus' line-up of more than twenty M.Zuiko lenses, giving you the flexibility and freedom to shoot anything from beautiful bokeh portraits to flattering full-lengths.
Whether you need to add a bit of extra light to your scene with the new built-in flash, or shoot blur-free stabilised films with the 4K video capability, the Olympus E-PL9 is always ready to perform.
Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Pancake Lens - Silver:
The world's slimmest pancake zoom lens, the Olympus EZ 14-42mm ensures you never miss a shot and makes your camera pocketable and portable.
Olympus PEN E-PL9 Body in Black + 14-42mm EZ Pancake Lens in Silver Kit - Detailed Features
It's all about expression
The increase in creative options a camera brings too often comes with a scary menu system to match. Seeking to break down those barriers, the Olympus PEN E-PL9 lets you start your journey of photographic experimentation gradually via touch screen selection of creative programmes before moving on to more traditional settings.
Select AUTO mode to let the camera identify many photographic situations from faces to groups and even movement and choose the best setting for you in the blink of an eye. Feel the need to adjust – fear not, a touch screen control with sliders allows you to adjust brightness, colour and contrast amongst other common settings. Tilt the screen down for a superior quality selfie and you can even touch select e-Portrait to smooth skin tones in camera. All of that comes in a very small and lightweight camera body that gives away both a traditional and modern feel.
Art not just for art's sake
Olympus pioneered Art Filters way back and touching the screen brings them to life in a new way, making comparing the effects live on screen easier than ever. Besides Bleach Bypass, Instant Film is also new to the list of now 16 Art Filters – a nostalgic nod to the exaggerated colours of the early instant cameras. Use in daylight and the effects are subtle. Use at night on people with flash and a potentially dull shot is transformed: darker areas becomes green and skin is given a warm glow, an image is created that has a modern touch with a nostalgic feel.
Building on this, Olympus has made access to scene modes available through the touch screen too. Simply double tap the image that most closely matches what you see in your mind's eye and the camera chooses the appropriate settings. The innovative access to simpler creative control is the new Advanced Photo (AP) mode. Olympus pioneered techniques like Live Composite used to be buried deep in the camera menus, often lying undiscovered. Want to take a photo of your friend creating a light painting in front of a lit up building at night? Used to be almost impossible, now tap the icon in AP mode, put the E-PL9 on a solid surface and off you go. Explore the delights of multiple exposure, HDR, sweep panorama, even focus bracketing – a technique that is a boon for close ups.
A learning process
A new set of easy access video “How To" guides hosted on the free OI.Share app, that handles the wireless transfer of images from camera to phone, provide useful tips for operating the E-PL9. Speaking of image transfer: the E-PL9 combines Bluetooth LE with Wi-Fi to ensure that the camera is always connected with your smartphone even when “asleep". Want to see and import some images you just shot but the camera is back in your bag? No problem. Open the app and wake up the camera without needing to get it out and switch it on.
Quality through technology
What else does the E-PL9 have up its sleeve to help your photographs stand out from the crowd? Another Olympus pioneered innovation is in-body Image Stabilization (IS). Reducing blurry shots in low light, this system is married to the fast TruePic VIII image processor from the acclaimed Olympus camera flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark II which allows the camera to choose higher shutter speeds* further improving the chances of sharp results in challenging conditions.
Camera users have long been able select the subject they want in focus but touching the subject in screen is a lot more intuitive. Choose between tap to focus or tap to shoot (you can also switch it off). A boon for close ups, titling the screen and tapping the precise position increases success rates. Now with 121 AF points covering most of the image area, users can focus anywhere on the screen.
Learning to love lenses
A system camera lives and dies by the lenses available to suit an ever-expanding range of subjects. Many current Olympus PEN users head straight for the M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 portrait lens. Why? If you come from taking portraits on phones or compact camera, the lenses are often a wider angle to be more flexible. Sadly for the human face, wide angles tend to distort features. A classic portrait lens like the 45mm F1.8, slightly flattens the perspective which is more flattering. The wider aperture also delivers a natural looking blurred background (bokeh). While phones increasingly mimic this effect, the right lens sets an image apart.
One area where a system camera really excels is getting in close: macro photography. Try our “all-day" go-to macro lens M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro with the E-PL9. For capturing details in jewellery, food, material, or flowers it opens a whole new world.
On top of the currently more than 20 Olympus M.Zuiko lenses it is possible to use hundreds of legacy lenses via various adapters.
Whether you’re a previous Olympus PEN user, or new to the world of digital cameras with changeable lenses, the Olympus PEN E-PL9 is your ticket to the better photography.
With access to the entire range of Olympus M.Zuiko lenses, and more besides, the PEN E-PL9 transitions you painlessly into taking amazing photos, with a wealth of features including the Advanced Photo mode and touchscreen access to many functions.
With 4K video on your side, as well as Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi connectivity and in-body image stabilisation, the Olympus E-PL9 is a ready-to-go camera that looks the part. The E-PL9 design will induce envious looks from others thanks to its sophisticated design and distinguished build quality.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.