Nikon Monarch 5 12x42 Binoculars
This product has been discontinued.
Depended on throughout the world for their non-stop performance regardless of the weather or light conditions.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Good value
- Clear and sharp image
Nikon Monarch 5 12x42 Binoculars Summary
- Featuring Extra-Low Dispersion glass to compensate for chromatic aberration
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to correctly position the eye
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coatings
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Waterproof (up to 1m for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Manufactured responsibly with lead and arsenic-free Eco-Glass
- 12x magnification
- 42mm objectives
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.5m
- Measures 145 x 129 x 55mm
- Weighs 600g
No other group of binoculars has such a distinguished record of success or such a large legion of followers as the Nikon Monarch line. From professionals to weekend warriors, these waterproof, fogproof Nikon Monarch binoculars are depended on throughout the world for their non-stop performance regardless of the weather or light conditions.
Made for intense use even under difficult light conditions, Monarch 5 12x42 binoculars deliver what serious hunters and nature watchers look for: sharp bright images, a rugged design and high-comfort handling.
Nikon's ED glass and multilayer-coated lenses make sure what you see is true to nature. Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups and a generous eye relief ensure easy positioning and quick finding of your object.
Monarch 5 binoculars are made for demanding conditions. They are waterproof, fog-proof, and the rubber armor provides a secure, comfortable grip. See more from the Nikon binocular range here.
Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars in Detail
lightweight Champion of Dawn & Dusk
Even with an uncontested heritage of all-conditions optical performance, the all-new Monarch 5 further elevates its game with improved agility and advanced low light brilliance. By shaving nearly an ounce of weight from its rugged frame, the new Monarch 5 is more athletic than ever, while the addition of Nikon ED glass lenses puts it in a class of its own for battling darkness with sharp, high-contrast views.
The Difference Is Clear with Nikon's ED Glass Lenses
All Monarch 5 binoculars are now built with Nikon's legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses, which correct chromatic aberrations across the furthest limits of the visible light range and effectively compensate for colour fringing. Even when observing objects that would make chromatic aberration the most apparent such as adjacent whites and blacks the images will maintain superior contrast and resolution thanks to the ED glass lenses. The improved resolution also provides brighter, more natural looking images, making the Monarch 5 a serious contender to be your "go-to" binocular for years to come.
Almost a full ounce lighter than its predecessors, the new Monarch 5 is even easier to take with you on your next outing. Its small size, combined with a sleek easy-to-grip body design, makes it the ultimate binocular to carry with you.
Nikon's High-Eyepoint Design
Nikon has manufactured the Monarch 5 binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with a high-eyepoint design. This provides a clear field of view for everyone, even when the user is wearing eyeglasses, with sufficient space between the user's brow and the binocular's eyecups.
Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses
Multilayer coatings, which provide an even higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum, are applied to all of the lens and prism surfaces that transmit light. This minimizes the loss of light due to reflection, thereby ensuring a more natural, clearer view.
Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating
Applied to all lenses and prism surfaces, this technique provides almost the same brightness as that perceived by the naked eye, and clear high-contrast images that display accurate colour reproduction.
Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups
The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups allow users to adjust the eye-relief for a custom fit - providing a full field of view and maximum comfort during extended periods of use.
Durable Rubber-Armoured Body
Built to handle any environment, the Monarch 5 has a rubber-armored coating to withstand extreme use and provide a non-slip grip, even in the wettest conditions.
Smooth Central Focus Knob
With this simple and intuitive design, bringing objects into focus has never been easier.
Waterproof and Fogproof
Monarch 5 binoculars are Nitrogen filled and O-Ring sealed for complete waterproof and fogproof performance.
No other group of binoculars has such a distinguished record of success or such a large legion of followers as the Nikon Monarch line.
From professionals to weekend warriors, these waterproof, fogproof Nikon Monarch binoculars are depended on throughout the world for their non-stop performance regardless of the weather or light conditions.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.