Leica SUMMILUX-M 90mm lens f/1.5 ASPH Black Anodised
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: L242631G
Earn 10500 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Some lenses offer possibilities that go far beyond the ordinary and give rise to truly exceptional results. The Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. renders portraits with a breathtakingly shallow depth of field – allowing for the subject to stand out in perfect focus with amazing clarity while the background appears lusciously blurred.
The optical design of the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. is at the cutting edge of the latest lens technology and developments, delivering outstanding levels of optical performance even at its widest f/1.5 aperture. Its telephoto focal length and fast aperture are ideal for capturing perfect portraits even with available light, while its minimum focus distance makes it possible to get close enough to bring each and every fine detail to life.
The Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. is distinguished by an elaborate construction comprised of 8 lens elements, two of which are aspherical in design and made of specialized glass types, arranged in 6 groups. A floating lens element – an engineering feat when implemented in such compact lenses – ensures that the superior optical performance of the lens is maintained across the full focus range.
The MTF technical data charts show that even at maximum aperture the lens delivers exceedingly sharp contrast and fine details in subjects regardless if they are near or far, with virtually no drop-off in quality towards the edges of the image. The close-focus distance of one meter, kept to a minimum for such a fast lens, allows for a maximum magnification ratio of 1:8.8 – meaning photographers can get as close as needed for the ideal portrait.
With its 90mm focal length and incredibly bright aperture, the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. fully utilizes the potential of the Leica M bayonet mount. In terms of optical design and the aesthetic of its rendering, the latest Summilux-M is closely related to the Noctilux-M 75 f/1.25 ASPH. For example, both lenses deliver similar, razor-thin in-focus areas that are half as slim as the depth of field achievable with the legendary Noctilux-M 50 f/0.95 ASPH.
The intricate design and use of specialized glasses ensure that optical aberrations such as vignetting and distortion are kept to a minimum. The integrated lens hood can be extended and locked in an instant, providing optimal protection from stray light and reflections.
Perfection through precision
In addition to the use of specialized glasses and high-quality materials, the unique performance of the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. also benefits from an exceedingly high-precision lens construction. This not only guarantees outstanding optical performance, but also makes the lens an exceptionally durable and long-lasting tool. The standout rendition is a direct result of its meticulous craftsmanship – as is the stunningly beautiful bokeh in the out-of-focus areas.
The combination of the extremely shallow depth of field, showcasing the three-dimensional isolation of the subject from the background, along with a longer telephoto focal length, clearly sets the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. apart from classic portrait lenses.
With extremely shallow depth of field at its widest aperture, the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. enables meticulously controlled compositions based on high-precision focusing – which, on the Leica M, is further supported by the optional Visoflex viewfinder.
The Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. also represents an appealing addition to Leica’s SL-System. Thanks to the M-Adapter L, the Summilux-M 90 f/1.5 ASPH. is also compatible with the Leica SL and SL2.
|Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical)||
27° / 23° / 15° (for 35mm format)
|Number of lenses/groups||8 / 6|
|Position of entrance pupil||27.2mm (related to the first lens surface in light direction)|
|focusing range||1m to Infinity|
|Scales||Combined meter/feet graduation|
|Smallest object field||211 x 317mm (for 35mm format)|
|Largest reproduction ratio||1:8.8|
|Aperture||11 iris blades|
|Setting/Function||With click-stops, half values available, manual diaphragm|
|Bayonet||Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6 bit lens identification bar code for digital M models|
|Filter mount||Inner thread for E67 screw-mount filters, non-rotating|
|Lens hood||Integrated, with twist-out function|
|Scope of Delivery||Lens, metal lens cap, clip-on lens cap, rear lens cap, soft leather lens cases for lens|
|Dimension and weight:|
|Length||91mm (3.58 inches)|
|Largest diameter||74mm (2.91 inches)|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses M mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.