Leica SL (Typ 601) Mirrorless Digital Camera Black
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: L015470M
Earn 3250 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Leica SL (Typ 601) Mirrorless Camera
The Leica SL-System is the embodiment of the digital era in professional photography. As a mirrorless system camera with an electronic viewfinder and electronic shutter, the Leica SL impresses with versatility, ease of handling and robustness.
Its versatility is underlined by its maximized compatibility with lenses from other Leica systems. Discover the power of the moment. Discover the Leica SL-System.
Easy, reduced, functional - Leica professional
With its full-frame CMOS sensor, the Leica SL sets new standards in professional camera systems category thanks to the combination of outstanding speed and unrivaled optical performance. With the fastest auto-focus in its class and the exceptional Leica image quality, photographers always achieve brilliant imaging results - in still images and in 4k video.
Made in Germany, the Leica SL is milled from aluminum and the Leica SL lenses have the water repellent Aqua Dura coating. In addition to the SL lenses, the Leica SL can be used with other Leica lenses (S, R, M, T & Cine PL mount) and 3rd party lenses via adapters even for video applications, making it ideal for any photographic situation.
Craftsmanship and Design
WiFi, SL App
24-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
Leica SL Lenses
Product features in detail
Leica SL (Typ 601) Mirrorless Digital Camera Black Specifications
|Sensor Type||5mm full frame CMOS|
|ISO range||50 - 50000|
|Video resolution||Up to 4K|
|viewfinder||0.66" 4.4MP eVF|
|Wireless connectivity||80. b/g/n (.4GHz)|
|Lens compatability||SL and TL mount Lenses, Leica M, S, R, and Cne with adapters|
|Storage Type||SDxC UHS-|
|Dimensions||47mm x 04mm x 9mm|
|Weight||77g without battery, 847g wth|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 400|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 11|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: Yes|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 104|
|Length (mm): 39|
|Width (mm): 147|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 847|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 50 - 50000|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 50000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 50|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 529|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Maestro II|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 4400000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
There are a lot of things you come to expect from a Leica camera , and obviously their premium branding commands certain expectations. The Leica SL has all of those fundamental Leica-isms. The build quality is extremely high, the styling is exceptional with barely a dial or button out of place, and the components are to the highest standard.
While looks aren't going to make great camera s, the Leica SL has plenty on board to prove that beauty is also skin deep. With a 35mm full frame 24 Megapixel CMOS sensor and Maestro II processor providing a 2 GB buffer to maximise image quality from a technical perspective, the SL mount lenses do it from an optical one.The ultra versatile 24-90mm f/2.8-4 is the first in the SL mount line up, with more on the way. Although the SL works with SL mount lenses, it is also compatible with Leica T lenses (activating a 10 Megapixel APS-C crop mode), and through the use of adaptors will work with Leica S, Leica R and the eponymous Leica M mount range of lenses.
EVFs are becoming more commonplace in digital photography, especially since the quality improvements through the years have justified their inclusion as a viable replacement for the standard optical variety. The Electronic viewfinder on the SL takes that argument up yet another notch by outputting a rather impressive 4.4-Million pixels to the eye of the beholder. The rear LCD still has its place, with the 2.95 inch one on the Leica SL having touch capabilities, and 170 degree tiltability.
Image capture is also bolstered by an autofocus system that at launch was touted as the fastest in a full-frame system camera , as well as 11 frame per second continuous shooting mode. Video capture is also packing some power in the form of 1080p capture at 120fps and 4K at 30fps.
Showpiece features are joined by a massive range of great functionality in the addition of integrated Wi-Fi and GPS, ultrasonic sensor cleaning, dual SD card slots, weather sealed body and a whole host of accessories tailor made for this aesthetically delightful camera .
For a more in-depth look at the Leica SL, read about our experiences with it during a short stroll through the streets of London!
- Full frame + Mirrorless + Interchangeable lenses + Leica = this camera
- Styling and build quality are what you expect to see in a Leica
- A premium mirrorless is going to require a premium EVF; the Leica SL has THE premium EVF
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.