The Gearing Tripod is an innovative modular carbon fibre travel tripod with built-in monopod, trekking pole and even a tool set in the centre column that offers a 20kg payload yet weighs just 1.4kg.
- Extremely compact and lightweight carbon fibre travel tripod for extended adventures, hikes and day trips
- Three removable legs with integrated monopod and built-in fully trekking pole with optional handle
- 10-piece screwdriver kit built into the ingenious centre column with weight hook that’s reversible for low angles
- High quality carbon fibre machined from a single billet for excellent stability to weight ratio
- Expandable modular system which allows you to convert to a table top tripod, ski poles and more
Gearing Tripod Summary
UK designer The Gearing Company has released their first innovative support system with this travel-sized carbon fibre Gearing Tripod. It features an ingenious design with a ‘heart unit’ together with removable legs which have 4 leg sections to provide a lightweight travel tripod, monopod and trekking poles all-in-one (the optional Gearing Trek Kit adds a handle, basket and spikes). There’s also a tool set in the centre column and you can convert the tripod using the heart unit into a mini tabletop support with these optional mini leg kit.
The highest quality carbon fibre is used, which is machined from solid billets (chunks) resulting in an excellent 10:1 stability to weight ratio weighing just 1.4kg with a 20kg payload.
- Multifunctional tripod and trekking pole system all in one
- Integrated Monopod
- Easy clean legs with no loose components
- Modular design to convert tripod into a mini tripod by switching out to optional mini legs
- 10-piece screwdriver kit in centre column
- 4 leg sections with high-performance rubber twist leg locks
- Versatile feet for grip in different environments
Gearing Tripod in More Detail
Unique Gearing Tripod Features
The Gearing tripod is a fully multifunctional tripod and trekking pole system all in one, with an integrated Monopod. The legs are easy to clean and maintain with no loose components to get lost. A modular design allows you to convert the tripod into a mini tripod by switching out the legs. The ingenious centre column contains a 10-piece screwdriver kit and you get versatile feet for stability in various environments.
Modular Heart Unit
You can simply unscrew the legs from the heart to transition between a full-sized tripod which raises to 142cm with the centre column extended, to a tabletop tripod for close-ups and macro work. This modular design allows mini legs to be fitted creating a mini tripod for capturing unique angles anywhere. The three detachable legs can be used as trekking poles which can be fitted with optional Gearing trekking pole handle or full Gearing Trek Kit. Each leg has four leg pitch positions so you can frame your shot even in difficult terrain.
Innovative Carbon Fibre Legs
With fewer components inside the legs users benefit from there being nothing to lose while cleaning and maintaining the tripod. The legs are designed for use as trekking poles or ski poles to help move through challenging environments when out shooting. They feature 4 compact sections with high-performance rubber twist leg locks to make easy height adjustments. Tungsten carbide tripod tips with a tethered rubber boot can provide extra grip and durability in even the harshest environment.
Clever Centre Column
The centre column has an integrated 10-piece screwdriver so you can make adjustments to your kit anywhere and always have your tools handy. The column can also be inverted to capture unique angles low to the ground. A removable hook is included to keep the tripod stable in windy conditions and to keep your camera bag to hand.
What’s in the box
- 1 x Gearing Heart Unit
- 1 x Centre Column with integrated screwdriver kit
- 1 x Removable Hook
- 3 x Carbon Legs
Gearing Tripod Specifications
|Max height w/ centre column raised||142cm / 55.9"|
|Max height w/ centre column lowered||135cm / 53.1"|
|Packed/folded length||60cm / 23.6"|
|Packed/folded diameter Ø||8.2cm / 3.2"|
|Leg/column sections||4 leg sections / 1 column section (extendable)|
|Load capability||20 kg / 44 lbs|
|Weight||1.4kg / 3lbs|
|Leg angles||23º, 35º, 51º, 74º|
|Max leg tube diameter||23mm|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Carry bag: N/A|
|Closed length (mm): N/A|
|Includes Head: N/A|
|Head type: N/A|
|Leg lock type: N/A|
|Leg sections: N/A|
|Tripod Load capacity (kg): N/A|
|Tripod Material: N/A|
|Max height (mm): N/A|
|Min height (mm): N/A|
|Tripod Type: N/A|
|Leg angles (deg): N/A|
|Angle adjustable legs: N/A|
The Gearing Tripod is the first product which arrives with some unique features sure to appeal to photographers and content creators who enjoys the outdoors and want a lightweight tripod system. It’s a fully convertible, modular tripod system which includes a tool set for maintenance, a monopod and fully functional trekking pole which can also be used skiing with a simple accessory. The carbon fibre has been machined rather than cast, ensuring excellent durability and strength, while remaining lightweight enough for any situation.
The centre column is reversible too, so long angles are no problem, resulting in a combination of features that ensure you can bring the tripod even in the harshest environments where weight comes at a premium. It’s exciting to see a new concept in lightweight tripods coming from a Sussex based company and we are sure anyone who loves the great outdoors will appreciate the versatile nature of this carbon support system. You can also get a Gearing lightweight Ball Head and several compatible tripod accessories from The Gearing Company.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.