Fujifilm XF 23mm f1.4 R Wide Angle Prime Lens
This premium quality wide angle Fujifilm XF 23mm f1.4 R prime lens has a fast aperture suitable for a variety of work, such as portraits and landscape as well as hand-held low light photography.
- Premium slightly wide-angle lens which maximises the potential of X-Trans CMOS sensors
- Fast, bright aperture for low light situations and hand holding
- Suitable for a range of uses from landscape to cityscapes and street photography
- Lightweight compact prime which is easy to transport and travel with
- Excellent image quality from a premium compact Fujinon model
Fujifilm XF 23mm f/1.4 R Lens Summary
The premium standard to wide-angle XF 23mm f/1.4 R Lens from Fujifilm is designed to maximise the performance of the X-Trans CMOS sensor for the highest picture quality. With a focal length equivalent to 35mm, the lens is suitable for a wide range of applications including portraits and landscapes as well as more general photography, ideally suited to Fujifilm cameras.
The fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows you to shoot hand-held in low light conditions, where zoom lenses would introduce camera shake, plus it creates beautiful bokeh for artistic images. Lens distortion has been reduced to the absolute minimum using only optical rather than digital correction, thereby delivering the highest possible picture quality as expected in the X-Mount lens range.
The rounded seven-blade diaphragm ensures smooth bokeh even when shooting portraits or product shots at a medium aperture to maintain reasonable depth-of-field.
From super wide to telephoto, users will be able to freely choose lenses that match their shooting style or purpose, bringing much greater versatility to the FUJIFILM X-Pro3.
Suitable for a wide range of applications including portraits and landscapes as well as more general photography
In More Detail
- Fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows you to shoot hand-held in low light conditions
- Creates beautiful bokeh for artistic images
- Focal length equivalent to 35mm in the 35mm format
- Features a camera-to-subject distance indicator and a depth-of-field scale on the barrel
- Minimum working distance of 28cm makes this lens ideal for close-up shots
- Internal focusing system for high speed autofocus
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm ensures smooth bokeh
- Weighs 300g and measures just 63mm in length making it the most compact and lightweight lens of its class
- Metal parts are used for the focus and aperture rings, which are designed to give just the right amount of torque and feel in use
- Fujifilm X mount for X range of CSCs
Fujifilm strives to develop lenses that cover a wide range of focal lengths and that offer bright and high resolution reproduction from edge to edge, so that users can enjoy the full potential of the FUJIFILM X-Pro3 or X-T4 camera.
We looked at why it’s a great idea to use a 35mm lens in our blog recently which may be of interest if you’re considering this lens.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Fujifilm Lenses X mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 72|
|Length (mm): 63|
|Weight (g): 300|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 23 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 23|
|Maximum magnification: 0.1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 23|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.28|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical element, High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Fujifilm camera users are spoilt for choice with 35mm equivalent lenses in the ecosystem including the 23mm f2 R WR XF. However this XF 23mm f/1.4 R has a lot going for it, not least the bright f/1.4 aperture, which seems to be able to gather light even when it’s virtually dark. This opens up a host of possibilities for photographers like shooting night scenes, street photography and of course portraits at a wide aperture.
As is consistent with Fujinon prime lenses this model is extremely compact and lightweight at 300g , perfectly suited to discreet hand-held shooting in many other situations such as weddings and events. This focal width is extremely popular precisely because of its versatile nature, which is enhanced by extremely quick and accurate focus capabilities. Despite the range of choices available at around this focal range, those seeking the absolute best image quality will almost certainly opt for this desirable lens.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.