Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Body
This product has been discontinued.
With a stunning 51.4MP sensor the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format mirrorless camera body is a professional tool for studio, fashion and landscape supported by a host of accessories and GF-mount lenses.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Large medium format 51.4 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Detachable Electronic View Finder
- X-Series Inspired Ergonomic Grip and Body
- Tiltable Screen for Waist-Level Shooting
- 400 Photos on a Single Battery Charge
Fujifilm GFX 50S Mirrorless Medium Format Digital Camera Body Summary
Building on the format that forms the basis of photography history, Fujifilm's GFX format and the GFX 50S medium format camera present a new avenue for photography lovers. Whether you're a studio photographer shooting anythang from still life to fashion, or a fine art landscape photographer, the GFX 50S will deliver amazing images through some outstanding lenses.
- 51.4 megapixel all-new CMOS sensor
- 43.8 x 32.9 mm sensor
- Tiltable screen for waist-level shooting
- External, detachable Electronic View Finder
- Adapted to various aspect ratios (4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 4:5, 6:7, 6:17)
- Uses X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Light-weight design and compact body
- Ergonomically similar to the X Series predecessors
- Ability to shoot via external monitor and tethering
- Optional vertical battery grip
- Compatible with all new G-Mount lenses
- 400 Photos on a siangle battery charge
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording
- Weighs only 825g with battery and card
Fujifilm GFX 50S Mirrorless Medium Format Digital Camera Body Features in Detail
Large Medium Format Sensor & X Processor Pro Combine For Highest Level of image Quality
With a surface area approximately 1.7x that of a full frame sensor, the 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4MP medium format CMOS sensor in the Fujifilm GFX delivers excellent light reception thanks to the large surface area, and with room to spare giving the camera a high image sensitivity and tone reproduction, the GFX produces precise images down to the smallest detail that convey the texture of the subject.
The Fujifilm GFX 50S sensor is perfect for indoor studio and outdoor synchronous shooting during the day, with a low normal sensitivity equivalent to ISO 100. For flash photography, users can take advantage of a shallow depth of field by widening the selected aperture value.
Using Fujifilm's well established X Processor Pro image processing engine, the GFX 50S delivers ultra-high quality images using the Film Simulation features, which reproduce the colour reversal films from the past, professional colour negative film, and tones of black and white film. Additionally, a new Colour Chrome Effect reproduces tones and deep colours in highly saturated subjects.
There are two different RAW settings in the GFX 50S, uncompressed and compressed; as well as TIFF, and JPEG settings of Super Fine, Fine, and Normal.
The Fujifilm GFX 50S will shoot Full HD video at 1920 x 1080 at 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps, and 23.98 fps at 36Mbps making use of the high resolution sensor will give excellent colour reproduction and shallow depth of field.
lightweight Body, Ultra-High Definition EVF & Focal Plane Shutter
The Fujifilm GFX 50S features a magnesium alloy body and has been developed for use by professional photographers, and built to withistand harsh shooting conditions thanks to its dustproof and moisture resistant body and will operate in temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius.
At only 825g (including battery and memory card), the GFX 50S is extremely lightweight for a medium format camera making handheld operation easy thanks to the easy-to-handle grip shape.
The detachable Electronic View Finder in the Fujifilm GFX 50S uses a brand new 0.5 inch 3.69 million-dot organic EL panel and uses 5 glass elements to increase magnification by 0.85x and a wide 40 degree diagonal viewing angle. With the optional EVF-TL1 tilt adapter the angle can be changed to a maximum of 90 degrees perfect for shooting full body portraits in the studio or flowers and landscapes from low angles.
On the rear of the camera is a 3.2inch 2.36 million-dot high-definition liquid crystal panel, which allows you to confirm accurate focusing and colour reproduction. This screen is a three-directional tilting LCD screen, capable of tilting in the vertical direction during horizontal landscape shooting or upward when shooting in portrait position, just like in the Fujifilm X-T2. It's also a touchscreen and functions as a viewfinder for Live View operation.
Newly developed for Fujifilm mirrorless cameras, the focal plane shutter is low vibration and quiet and achieves a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec (or 1/16000 sec when using the electronic shutter), as well as a flash synchronisation speed of 1/125 sec or less and has a endurance of up to 150,000 shots. There is also the option to choose between an electronic front curtain shutter and a complete electronic shutter, which helps with low shutter speeds between 1/30 and 1/125 sec.
The Fujifilm GFX 50s uses SD cards (UHS-II recommended) and features dual card slots, allowing for Sequential recording where recording is performed in order, Backup which records the same data on two cards simultaneously, and Sorting, which records RAW and JPEG onto separate cards.
Additionally, the GFX 50S features a new high capacity NP-T125 battery to accommodate the large sensor and focal plane shutter allowing for approximately 400 photos on a siangle charge.
Easy-to-Use Dial Operation & Familiar Design
Following the core concepts of the X-Series of cameras, the Fujifilm GFX 50S refines the grip and upper control section to match the enlarged body, which means the camera can be used comfortably and surely. With dedicated dials to independently set aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, the camera follows the rest of the X-Series and lets you start shooting easily.
Quick and comfortably shooting is made easier by the use of the C Position (T Position on the shutter speed dial) which allow you to change exposure settings using the command dials on the front and back of the grip.
With a 1.28inch sub LCD monitor on the upper Command Dial, important exposure data is easily visible from the top of the camera extremely useful when shooting using a tripod or release, or when tethered to a PC.
The AF system in the GFX 50S is a 117-point contrast AF, a high precision autofocus system measures distances and focuses directly using the imaging surface of the sensor to dramatically improve focusing accuracy in the medium format with a shallow depth of field.
New Range of G-Mount Lenses To Match The Power of the 51.4MP CMOS Sensor
The G-Mount premiered in the GFX 50S has a diameter of 65mm and a flange back of 26.7mm and is a dedicated mount designed to make full use of the performance of the G Format. The shortened back focus of the lens to a minimal distance of 16.7mm has been made possible by increasing the aperture portion of the lens, dramatically expanding the freedom of lens design opening up options for increased number of pixels in the future. All GF lenses are designed to support resolutions up to 100 megapixels.
Inheriting the design philosophy of the reputable XF lenses, the G Mount Fujinon GF lenses are made with stainless steel for the body side of the mount, while the lens side incorporates high strength brass for a secure mount. These lenses achieve extremely high resolving power and rich tone reproduction and are built to withistand harsh professional photography environments so they are dust-proof and moisture resistant and resistant to temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius.
There's an A (Auto) position setting and new C (Command Dial) position, allowing for aperture value to be change from the camera body, and a new lock button has been added to the aperture ring as a measure to prevent incorrect operations when setting the lens in the A Position or C Position, helping to eliminate the risk of unexpected aperture changes as much as possible.
what else is included in the box?
- Li-ion Battery NP-T125
- Battery Charger BC-T125
- Plug Adapter
- Body Cap
- Shoulder Strap
- Metal Strap Clip
- Metal Strap Clip Lock
- Cable Protector
- Interchangeable Electronic View Finder EVF-GFX1
- Hot Shoe Cover (Body/EVF)
- Connector Cover (EVF)
- Vertical Battery Grip Connector Cover
- Sync Terminal Cover
- Owner's Manual
Fujifilm GFX 50S Optional Accessories
EVF Tilt Adapter - EVF-TL1
Vertical Battery Grip - VF-GFX1
reachargeable Battery - NP-T125
Battery Charger - BC-T125
View Camera Adapter
AC Adapter - AC-15V
Shoe Mount Flash - EF-X500
Shoe Mount Flash - EF-X20
Shoe Mount Flash - EF-20
Shoe Mount Flash - EF-42
Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1
Remote Release - RR-90
FUJIFILM GFX 50S MEDIUM FORMAT MIRRORLESS CAMERA BODY SPECIFICATIONS
43.8mm×32.9mm Bayer array with primary colour filter (Fujifilm G Format)
51.4 million pixels
ISO 100 - 12800 extendable to ISO 50 - 102400
117 Areas on 13×9 Grid
Full HD (1920×1080)
3.2 inch. Approx. 2,360K-dot Tilt-Type. Touch Screen
0.5 inch Approx. 3.69 millions dots OLED Colour Viewfinder
FUJIFILM G mount
SD Card (-2GB) / SDHC Card (-32GB) / SDXC Card (-256GB) UHS-I / UHS-II
147.5mm (W) × 113.8mm (H) × 91.4mm (D)
Approx. 920g (including EVF, battery and memory card)
Professional photographers have long utilised the power and quality of medium format or large format cameras for studio imaging, landscapes, portraits, or fashion photography. Building on the success of their revolutionary X-Series of cameras, Fujifilm introduced the GFX range, headlined by the GFX 50S and complimented by a series of G-Mount lenses.
Delivering the ultimate in image quality thanks to the 51.4 megapixel CMOS sensor that was designed by Fuji, the 50S is the most advanced digital camera in their X Series. With the ability to adapt the sensor to various aspect ratios including square (1x1) and the classic 4x5 and 6x7 ratios, the GFX 50S will be loved by professional photographers and photography enthusiasts.
Revolutionising the concept of medium format photography with the GFX 50S, Fujifilm have complimented the camera with a detachable Electronic View Finder for eye-level shooting or via the tiltable LCD screen for waist-level shooting.
For studio photography, the 50S has an optional external screen view finder or can be tethered to a computer to shoot direct RAW images.
Ergonomically the GFX 50S will feel similar to other X Series cameras having been designed around the same grip type, however as a medium format camera it is much larger but has been made as compact as possible, despite the huge G-Mount lens opening. Another option is an adapter making it possible to fit the EVF at any angle, giving complete freedom of shooting
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.