DJI Mavic Pro - Refurbished
This product has been discontinued.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Park Picks 2017 Winner: Best Drone
The first thing that strikes you about the DJI Mavic Pro, and this is of course by design, is the size - assisted by the fact that much of it is foldable, it is the ultimate transformer toy for adults.
The form isn't the only amazing thing about the Mavic, although it genuinely can just be chucked in a bag alongside the also foldable remote control.
It has a 40 mph top speed, a camera capable of both 4K video and 12MP Raw images and a 27 minute flying time all enhanced by the smartphone app from DJI which lets you combine with the remote control for live view of the Mavic's camera.
Many of the specs are shared with the superb DJI Phantom 4 drone which preceded its release by just a few months, but ultimately what it boils down to is that this drone is absolutely tiny for the power that it packs and is a worthy Park Picks winner!
For a full list of winners and highly commended products take a look here - Park Picks 2017
DJI Mavic Pro - Refurbished Summary
Drones have become big business in recent years, but they've just gotten smaller. DJI are the world leader in unmanned aerial technology and their new Mavic Pro drone is the smallest, lightest, most advanced and most portable drone they've ever made. With features such as a top speed of 40mph, a 4K video camera, a 4.3 mile (7km) range, fly-by-phone, auto tracking of subjects and a compact, foldable design, the DJI Mavic is a true leader in the personal drone world.
|DJI Mavic Pro Detailed Features|
The DJI Mavic Pro comes with a brand new pocket sized remote controller that has an incredible range of up to 4.3 miles (7km) and lets you stream Full 1080p HD all the way.
No Bumps or Scrapes
Not only does the Mavic feature a Return to Home mode in case it goes out of range, the battery runs low, or it loses connection, but it used FlightAutonomy technology to sense obstacles up to 15m (49ft) away so it can then either bypass them or brake to a hover, so even if it's beyond the visual range it will automatically prevent accidents.
The Mavic isn't just an outdoor drone, it uses forward and downward facing sensors so that if you're using it indoors and it can't connect to GPS it will hover precisely and won't drift.
Making use of powerful, high efficiency motors, the Mavic flies longer than you might expect, and despite being only 1/6th the size of the DJI Phantom 4, it actually flies for up to 27 minutes and a distance of 8 miles (13km).
Ultra HD 4K Video
Using a 1/2.3" CMOS sensor with 12.3 megapixels, the Mavic can record 4K video at up to 3fps and because it doesn't use electronic image stabilisation, there is no loss of quality in footage. So even when filming at speed, the 4K footage is beautifully smooth thanks to the Mavic's 3-axis ultra precise miniaturised gimbal.
Not only does the Mavic record 4K video but it will also take 12 megapixel stills that are supported in Adobe DNG RAW format.
Shoot like a Pro
Thanks to ActiveTrack, you can tell the Mavic to automatically shoot one of 4 tracking modes. You simply tell it who to follow and it will follow them. The Circle mode will tell the Mavic to automatically circle your subject, Spotlight points the camera at your subject while you fly the drone, Trace will automatically fly in front or behind your subject and Profile flies alongside them.
Thanks to Gesture Control, you can now command your drone with just a wave or a movement, meaning selfies are even easier than ever before.
Finely Tuned Control
Turning on Tripod Mode puts the drone into a precise and slow movement, ideal for flying indoors or lining up a precision photo.
Fly by Phone & Tap to Fly
You don't even need the controller to fly the Mavic, you just need you phone which can be connected through Wi-Fi to the Mavic for quick and easy control. Not only that but beginner pilots can just tap where you want to go on the screen and the Mavic will smoothly fly straight there so you can control the gimbal and take photos without needing to worry about flying.
Top Speed & Drone-Eye-View
When in SportMode, the Mavic can fly at an incredible 40mph, which is an incredible experience when viewed through the DJI Googles and their two 1080p HD screens for birds eye view and seeing exactly what the drone sees.
Sensor redundancy is built into the Mavic with double the sensors so if one fails there is always a backup. Further safety features include the ability to check battery status in real time during the flight, letting you plan your flying time, and the ability to fly at a fixed distance above the ground to avoid going too low unintentionally.
|What else is included in the box?|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.