Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite
The Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite has been updated for 2023 with re-engineered software and a more concise UI aimed at Photography, Video, Designers and Content Creators who need fast, accurate colour calibration.
- Updated second generation colour calibration device for photographers, designers and video creators
- Creators who need fast, accurate colour calibration gain a new streamlined user interface with more accuracy and control
- Fully customisable and easy to use industry-standard presets to meet all your calibration needs whatever your skill level
- Achieve far more accurate print colours and visualise how prints will look for a specific printer with soft proofing feature
- Gain advanced knowledge and a better understanding of the colour, brightness, contrast, gamut and monitor white point
Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite Summary
Prepare to take your colour calibration to a whole new level with the updated Spyder X2 Elite. Designed to exceed expectations, this new colour calibration device for 2023 combines cutting-edge technology with a sleek, user-friendly interface, delivering unparalleled accuracy and control for creators who demand fast, accurate colour calibration for their workflow.
Building on the successes of the highly popular first generation, the updated second generation Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite is designed for intermediate to advanced level photographers, hybrid photo / video creators, designers and content creators with more advanced calibration needs, who may run multiple displays on one or more computers and the Spyder X2 Elite from colour boffins Datacolour is also ideal for use in studios and sets.
The re-engineered software of the Spyder X2 Elite sets a new standard in simplicity and efficiency. With a more concise user interface, navigating through the calibration process has never been easier, so you can say goodbye to complicated menus and hello to a streamlined experience that puts you in complete control.
Key Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite Features
- Remastered software provides a cleaner, more concise user interface (UI)
- Ideal for photography and hybrid photo/video work for stills and moving images
- Caters for a range of skill levels and needs, from expert-recommended calibration presets to advanced, customised control
- Native USB-C connection and also includes a USB-A adaptor for convenience
- For users wanting more advanced calibration features, X2 Elite includes Video and Cinema Targets (Rec. 709, Rec. 2020); Advanced Display Mapping & Analysis; Unlimited Calibration Settings; Soft Proofing; Studio Match for multiple monitor calibration
- you can gain a better understanding of the colour, brightness, contrast, gamut, tone response and white point of your monitors, thanks to Advanced Display Mapping and Analysis. This also allows you to check screen brightness, colour uniformity and display colour accuracy
- Unlimited Calibration Settings starting with industry-standard presets, you can customize settings to meet all your calibration needs, including fully customisable gamma curves, white point and brightness settings
- Soft Proofing lets you simulate other displays and devices on your calibrated screen. For printers, you can see how prints will look for a specific printer model, paper and ink, and upload ICC printer profiles
- Studio Match provides simultaneous side-by-side calibration for multiple computers/displays. Ensures consistent and accurate colour reproduction across multiple connected monitors regardless of monitor type
Datacolor Spyder X2 Elite in More Detail
Equipped with a lens-based sensor, the Spyder X2 Elite takes colour calibration to new heights of speed and precision whichever content you create. Whether you're a professional photographer, graphic designer, or simply an enthusiast with an eye for detail, this calibration device ensures that colour is reproduced with astonishing accuracy, bringing your work to life like never before.
The Spyder X2 Elite software offers an array of colour customisation options, allowing you to tailor your display to your exact preferences. From subtle tweaks to vibrant enhancements, the power to fine-tune your colours is at your fingertips, enabling you to experience the true potential of your monitor and unlock a world of editing and colour grading possibilities.
For those considering venturing into the realm of HDR and high-brightness monitors, the Spyder X2 Elite offers an exciting opportunity. With its seamless and affordable upgrade path to the Spyder X2 Ultra software, you can effortlessly transition to the highest level of calibration excellence. There’s also no need to invest in new hardware, you can simply unlock the full potential of your display and witness colours come alive with unparalleled brilliance.
Elevate your creative endeavours, whether editing breathtaking photographs, designing stunning visuals, or simply enjoying a visually immersive gaming experience. Let the Spyder X2 Elite be your gateway to a world where colours are vibrant, accurate, and true to life. With the Spyder X2 Elite, precision and control are at your fingertips, empowering you to create masterpieces that will leave a lasting impression. Elevate your calibration game and join the ranks of elite colour enthusiasts who demand nothing but the best.
Comprehensive monitor support
The calibration device works across all sorts of monitors up to 750 cd/m2 brightness, including All-in-ones, Industry Standard Laptops, Desktops, Projectors and more. You can also calibrate multiple monitors – for 3+ displays using one computer, your video card must have 3 or more LUTs (Look Up Tables).
- Win 10 32/64, Win 11
- Mac OS X 10.10 - 13.0
- Monitor resolution 1280x768 or greater, 16-bit video card (24-bit recommended), 1GB of available RAM, 500MB of available hard disk
- Internet connection for software download
What’s in the box
- Spyder X2 colorimeter
- USB-C to USB-A Adapter
- Welcome card with link to software download and warranty information
- Unique serial number to activate software
- Link to on-line demonstrations, user guide, videos and support
There comes a point when many beginner and intermediate content creators need to achieve more accurate colour, whether working on photographs for web and print, or post processing videos for their audience. The updated Spyder X2 Elite from Datacolor caters for these requirements through a new user interface with faster colour calibration when using virtually any monitor, including a computer monitor, laptop, projectors or similar industry standard screen.
Whichever skill level you are, you can choose from predefined expert settings with a single click, or take a more detailed approach by saving unlimited white points, match multiple monitors and enjoy advanced mapping and analysis tools. Lookup table can even be used to calibrate 3+ monitors using one computer, ensuring the most demanding creators are well catered for.
If you’re an existing Datacolor user this makes a worthy upgrade and newcomers to calibration will benefit from the ease-of-use which this system now offers. You can even upgrade to the more advanced Spyder X2 Ultra seamlessly whenever you need and there is no additional hardware required.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.