Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM is the updated mark II of a much-loved lens, which is a great choice for the wildlife or sports photography, with stabilisation and lens information display.
- Lens Information Display for quick access to settings whilst shooting
- A welcome update to a much loved and highly rated lens with versatile range
- Use of Nano USM for smooth video recording as well as sharp images
- 4 stops of I.S. ideal for low light hand-held shooting
- Compact and portable design perfect for wildlife and sports photography
Canon EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens Summary
Sports, wildlife and travel all fall under the remit of this eminently portable and lightweight telephoto zoom lens. With a variable aperture Canon has managed to keep the weight of the lens down significantly at just 710g. Despite the lightweight nature of this model, results are excellent and it comes with a 9-bladed aperture allowing photographers to achieve pin sharp subjects against a smooth out of focus background with bokeh balls.
An improved optical design includes an ultra low dispersion (UD) lens element, delivering great image quality with high contrast and resolution throughout the range.
Additionally the mark II EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM includes image stabilisation which reduces camera shake by up to 4-stops. This combination of features has seen this popular Canon DSLR lens win a number of awards including the 2018 Design Award and comes highly recommended.
- Telephoto lens compatible with Canon DSLR cameras
- Focal length of 70-300mm (112-480mm if used with a Canon DSLR with an APS-C sensor).
- Nano USM autofocus ideal for fast-subject tracking and quiet AF operation during video capture.
- Equipped with a Lens Information Display - this can output focus distance, focal length or image stabilisation information.
- Compact design - weighing 710g and just 14.55cm in length.
- Minimum focus distance: 1.2m
- 9 diaphragm blades
- 17 elements in 12 groups
- Aperture range of f4 - f32/f5.6 - f45
- Filter Thread: 67mm
- Canon 67 mm Protect Lens Filter - does what it says and protects the front element from damage
- Hoya REVO SMC 67mm Circular Polarising Filter - cuts glare and reflections with outdoor work
Canon EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens Specifications
Telephoto zoom lens
Focal length range
f/4-5.6 - f/32-45
Angle of view
Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal)
29º - 6º 50', 19º 30' - 4º 35', 34º - 8º 15'
Lens construction (elements/groups)
80 x 145.5mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 80|
|Length (mm): 146|
|Weight (g): 710|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 70 - 300 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 300|
|Maximum magnification: 0.25|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 45|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: UD element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
An updated version of a lens which is classed as exceptional in its class, although it isn't part of the heralded range of L-series lenses the optical performance of this lens is of the highest quality.
With an all new Lens Information Display to help the photographer by displaying helpful information such as focal length, focus distance and details on image stabilisation. Users can choose from a 'black-on-white' or a 'white-on-black' display to suit their readout tastes.
A nice varied focal length of 70-300mm on Canon's full-frame DSLRs, or 112-480mm on APS-C Canon DSLRs, ensures it can be used for a wide variety of photography but is definitely angled towards the sports or wildlife photographer.
An improvement on its predecessor is the image stabilisation, where the first version of this lens was capable of working to 3-stops this second edition is capable of working to 4. So this lens' performance wheen working in low light or at slower shutter speeds is improved.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.