Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder
Blackmagic Ursa Studio Viewfinder
The URSA Studio Viewfinder from Blackmagic Design is specifically built to provide studio viewfinder functionality to your URSA Mini camera. With a 7" screen, manual control knobs, camera ID/tally light, and a tension adjustable articulating mount, the Studio Viewfinder seamlessly integrates into a studio style workflow for relaxed camera operation at sporting events, concerts, or in the studio. Three manual knobs next to the view screen provide control over brightness, contrast, and peaking without having to dive into the menu system.
A menu button on the left of the LCD screen allows you to quickly navigate the menu system and make adjustments, while three customizable buttons allow you to display a variety of exposure, focus, and framing guides including zoom, zebra, false color, histogram, edge focus detection, custom LUT support, three adjustable frame line overlays, and audio meter display.
- For URSA Mini Cameras
- 7" Screen with Removable Hood
- Tension Adjustable Articulating Mount
- Brightness, Contrast, Peaking Control
- Zoom, Zebra, False Color, Histogram
- Edge Focus Detection, Custom LUTs
- Adjustable Frame Line Overlay
- Audio Meters, Tally
The URSA Studio Viewfinder is designed to mount on top of your URSA Mini camera. The articulating mount is tension adjustable so you can easily adjust it to the tension that suits you best.
7" LCD Viewfinder
Featuring a 1920 x 1080 IPS display, the viewfinder provides sharp, clear images with good off-axis viewing for when sudden camera moves don't allow for screen angle adjustment. It features a detachable sun hood and grab handles on either side for left or right-handed height adjustment.
Along the top of the screen is displayed your camera number (for multi-camera shoots), the screen resolution, fps, shutter speed, lens iris, camera gain, white balance, and battery power.
Three manual control knobs to the right of the LCD view screen allow you to adjust the brightness, contrast, and peaking sensitivity without the need to enter the menu system or take your eyes from the viewfinder.
Peaking is a real-time focus assist tool that superimposes pulsing red lines over the area of your image with the most contrast, and therefore the most focus. This makes it easier to confirm that subjects are in focus.
Menu and Function Buttons
To the left of the view screen is a manual menu knob, plus three assignable buttons. The menu knob allows you to navigate the menu, and you can assign functions to the buttons.
- Zoom allows you to magnify any portion of the image, useful for checking focus while using the menu knob to select which part of the image is magnified.
- Zebra is a real-time digital exposure tool that indicates when subjects or parts of the frame are outside of the exposure threshold. The zebra pattern will appear on the parts of the image that have reached 100% brightness to warn that the area is overexposed and in danger of clipping.
- The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
- Red, Blue, or Green Only mode shows the image as monochrome utilizing only the red, blue, or green color components of the image.
- The Histogram overlay provides a graphic depiction of how many pixels in your image are at each level between black and white. This provides exposure information so you can objectively judge how much of your image is clipping, falling into the shadows, or being captured faithfully.
- The Luminance Waveform provides an objective evaluation of your video signal. It displays the brightness of your image on an IRE scale, allowing you to see if your image will clip and where your black levels are.
Three customizable frame guide overlays allow you to either create a custom aspect ratio, or use to define areas where graphics will be inserted downstream. Using the guides to approximate downstream graphics allows you to adjust your framing while taking these graphics into account.
On the talent side of the viewfinder is a tally light with replaceable acetate numbers to identify your camera to the talent or technical director. On the operator side of the viewfinder is a tally light that can light up indicating that the camera is providing the program picture. Please note that tally functionality requires a compatible tally over SDI connection.
View all of our video accessories here.
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Video accessories|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.