Azden SGM-1X Professional Shotgun Microphone
This product is no longer available
The Azden SGM-1X Pro Shotgun Mic with XLR connector is a favourite amongst filmmakers, videographers and broadcasters thanks to high quality audio from a super-cardioid pattern and amazing battery life
Sell or Trade-in
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Tried, tested and true; Azden’s SGM-1X has been in production since the mid 1990s and has long established itself as reliable, affordable and durable shotgun microphone by filmmakers, videographers and broadcasters alike. Well known in the industry, the SGM-1X is often the first microphone purchased by aspiring filmmakers, who in turn love it so much they continue to use it and recommend it throughout their careers.
The SGM-1X’s popularity is due in part no doubt to its affordability, but it is also a high quality shotgun microphone. Its super-cardioid polar pattern makes it exceedingly good at picking up speech in noisy environments. Its battery operation allows for use without phantom power, which may not be available on less expensive camera equipment. And with up to 1,000 hours of operation on one AAA battery, you won’t have to worry about carrying a ton of spare batteries around to get through a long shoot.
Proudly handcrafted in Japan, the SGM-1X’s construction is durable and designed to last for many years. Buy with confidence with Azden’s 2 Year Warranty.
- Professional Shotgun Microphone
- Super Cardioid pick-up pattern
- 12.3″ in length
- Powered by single AAA battery
- Up to 1000 hours of battery life
- XLR output connection
- Wide frequency response
- High max SPL at 120dB
- Comes with SMH-1 shock mount
- Connector Type: 3-Pin XLR
- Dimensions: Ø 21mm X 312mm (0.83″ X 12.3″)
- Directionality: Super Cardioid
- Dynamic Range: 80dB
- Frequency Response: 80-18,000Hz
- Impedance: 130 Ohms @ 1Khz
- Microphone Type: Electret Condenser
- S/N Ratio: 70dB
- Sensitivity: -33dB re 1V/Pa
- SPL (Sound Pressure Level) : 120dB
- Weight: 35g (4.76 oz) (w/o battery)
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!