A wide-angle prime well-suited to multimedia applications, the FÃRIN 20mm f/2 FE MF Lens from Tokina is dedicated to full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The ultra-wide perspective is benefitted by a sophisticated optical design, which incorporates three super-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations. A multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and improved color fidelity. Its manual focus design affords precise control when working with subjects as close as 11", and the manual aperture ring can be de-clicked to enable smooth, silent aperture adjustments for cine use. Additionally, electronic contacts are integrated into the mount design to permit seamless communication of distance and aperture information to the camera body in order to support the use of focusing aids, in-camera image stabilization, and an EVF distance scale.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult and low lighting conditions.
- Three super-low dispersion elements help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two all-glass precision molded aspherical elements suppress spherical aberrations to minimize distortion and improve overall sharpness.
- Multi-layered coating helps to alleviate lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design affords a minimum focusing distance of 11".
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked to support smooth, quiet aperture adjustment for cine applications.
- Internal contacts relay distance and aperture information to the camera body to enable full support of in-camera focusing aids.
- Printed depth of field and distance scales are featured on the lens barrel for pre-focusing and hyperfocal focusing techniques.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.