Individual Price: £1,588.00
Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Telephoto Zoom Lens
FUJINON XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR
This new lens from Fujifilm is designed for their X-series range of cameras, delivers high quality images throughout the focal range. This lens is weather resistant and dust-resistant and can operate in temperatures as low as -10°C. Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor, a unique image stabilization algorithm and the bright F2.8 aperture hand-holding is possible in a wider range of conditions, while the world’s first Triple Linear Motor allows comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing.
- Focal length: 50-140 mm
- 35mm equivalent: 76-213 mm
- Max. aperture: f/2.8
- Min. aperture: f/22
- Filter size: 72 mm
- Weather Resistant
1) Optical design for flagship telephoto zoom image quality
- To deliver the best image quality in its class, this luxurious telephoto zoom uses an optical construction comprising 23 glass elements in 16 groups, with five ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element comparable to a fluorite lens. This maximises the reduction of chromatic aberrations and delivers high resolving power
- Applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light
- Like other XF lenses, seven rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. An optical design has been used to produce beautiful bokeh at both front and back
- An inner zooming mechanism means the lens does not change length so the lens’ balance remains the same throughout the zoom range
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*3 with Lens Modulation Optimiser*2 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures
2) High-speed, quiet autofocus thanks to the world’s first Triple Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mountingthe Triple Linear Motor at intervals of 120°, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. Faster AF is possible when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
- With a minimum working distance of 1m for the entire zoom range, this lens is also great for close ups.
3) The best image stabilisation performance in its class
Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor and unique algorithm that cancels drift due to temperature changes, the XF50-140mm delivers the best image stabilisation performance in its class. Combined with a bright F2.8 aperture, handholding is now possible in new areas for a telephoto zoom
This lens offers the most frequently used telephoto lengths and uses the latest technology and a high-quality lens construction to deliver fantastic quality images. Using this lens you’ll also find you have greater depth of field control compared to previous XF zoom lenses thanks for its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture at all focal lengths.
f/2.8 constant aperture through all focal lengths
Fast, quiet autofocus
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation